Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardware Update

Default Re: Hardware Update

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    ... With the 286's it works well with the *23 method, but we're working on changing that.
    [JK]To make is not work well?[/JK]

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Well first we need to work through troubleshooting for anyone having issues to determine if it can be fixed by a firmware change.

Still way too many people e-mailing wanting a new device for no real reason....
    Ticket submitted as requested. I hope it can be fixed just because it is easier for me and cheaper for Voipo and with all of the costs you have been absorbing for us (in exchange for our testing) we should all make an effort to make the units work.

Oh and for what it is worth, the 286 does not match the color of my cat. Is that a good enough reason?......
    Just kidding.

Normally ATA router combo's come default a little further away from a standard home type routers subnet just because of this type of situation. I.E. 192.168.15.1 for most Linksys and Dlink.

That was actually me replying just couldnt get my (wrong) password to work there.

It will probably be the biggest support question you guys get using these routers. And since it only has one port, people will be forced to use their existing routers.

At my office we have 4 Vonage numbers all using RTP300's on the backside of our Actiontec p.o.s. modem. (insert chicken salad metephor here.) Ive set them up static on the wan port and enabled remote admin on all of them just so I can get in and look if needed. All the RTP's still have their original lan subnets in tact because it doesnt matter as long as they are different than the network they reside on.

Can the lan subnet be provisioned into one of these?
    I Void Warranties.

Yeah all the LAN settings can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    Normally ATA router.

combo's come default a little further away from a standard home type routers subnet just because of this type of situation. I.E. 192.168.15.1 for most Linksys and Dlink.

That was actually me replying just couldnt get my (wrong) password to work there.

It will probably be the biggest support question you guys get using these routers. And since it only has one port, people will be forced to use their existing routers.

At my office we have 4 Vonage numbers all using RTP300's on the backside of our Actiontec p.o.s. modem. (insert chicken salad metephor here.) Ive set them up static on the wan port and enabled remote admin on all of them just so I can get in and look if needed. All the RTP's still have their original lan subnets in tact because it doesnt matter as long as they are different than the network they reside on.

Can the lan subnet be provisioned into one of these?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yeah all the LAN settings can be changed.
    Cool- that will make it an easy fix when it comes up.

I Void Warranties.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r212...er-doesnt-work

One person seemingly had issues ... with another provider.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

If I plan on putting the 502 behind an existing router/firewall, can I just connect the WAN side of the 502 to the existing firewall? That would put the 502 WAN port on my existing LAN and obtain an IP address on the WAN side from my LAN DHCP server. Then, just leave the 502's LAN side disconnected? I don't plan to use the 502 as my primary gateway/router. If you then turn on the WAN HTTP access (which in this case would actually be my LAN) then you can get to it to administer or whatever. I would think the 502's WAN side would get the IP, gateway, DNS, etc information and know how to get out to the Internet and things would be OK.
    Scott

I would hope so. Even if I used the voipo ATA, I really don't like the idea of an ATA being the router too. In my experience, the router part of these boxes ends up being, well, not very good. It seems like HW does one thing well, not everything, and for me the priority would be for the ATA to be a good ATA...

p.s. does anyone have feedback on 3-way calling working via the flash hook if they opened a ticket requesting that change?
    Last edited by dswartz; 10-17-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Added thoughts

I have the 286 now but apparently there was no software/firmware fix for my particular unit.

I have a Linksys 54g router running Tomato and am quite happy with it. The QOS is top notch, it is very secure, and has tons of other great features. I would like to keep that over using the GS unit for that.

When I get it I'll let you know what i come up with!

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    I would hope so. Even if I used the voipo ATA, I really don't like the idea of an ATA being the router too. In my experience, the router part of these boxes ends up being, well, not very good. It seems like HW does one thing well, not everything, and for me the priority would be for the ATA to be a good ATA...

p.s. does anyone have feedback on 3-way calling working via the flash hook if they opened a ticket requesting that change?
    I opened a ticket and my particular model of 286 is not currently fixable (there are a few of these floating around) so I may have to get a 502.
    By not fixable - I mean "not worth fixing" if it is just a smattering of adapters.
    PM me if you want more details.