Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardware Update

Default Re: Hardware Update

I personally like the 286. Tim, Question?? I know you allow us alpha/beta users to do BYOD, but if a person wanted 2 lines, would they be offered the choice of "2" 286's or must they get the new 501 with 2 lines. Reason being, some people, like me, have a pretty elaborate network which has some really excellent routers and hardware QOS. Better QOS than ANY voip adapter or firmware routers can provide. I, and many others, will always prefer to have our voip adapters BEHIND our router. If I was to get a 501, not that I need one, I would STILL place it BEHIND my existing router/network. The router portion would obviously be wasted, but it would operate much better on my network than a router/ata combo trying to run my entire network. It's just that the 286 is so much cheaper, that if it was me, I'd rather have 2 standalone 286 ATA's than 1 501. Even if I did place the 501 BEHIND my network. Thx... Mike....
    Last edited by christcorp; 10-14-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're getting a lot of people asking to upgrade their device. Please don't do this.

If you have a legitimate problem (as some of you do) with your current device, we can swap it out. If you're just looking to upgrade though, there's really no point because the devices work virtually the same.
    I actually am very satisfied with the size and sound quality of the 286 I have now....

I just want to be able to do the call waiting toggle thingie and 3 way calls and if the adapter I have now can do that, I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    I actually am very satisfied with the size and sound quality of the 286 I have now....

I just want to be able to do the call waiting toggle thingie and 3 way calls and if the adapter I have now can do that, I am happy.

Same goes for me, I would also like it to active my phones when I have a voice mail message. Wife doesn't look for the green blinking light on the adapter to see if anyone left a message. Blinking phone works much better for her.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure this is just a network setup issue likely what the last poster said with the IPs conflicting.

It works fine behind router for me at office and home.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by N9MD View Post
    Why appease? If you've designed your "product model" to minimize problems for your support department ... and if 1% or less of your future client base has the awareness and capability of messing with the adapter, why bother at all? The other 99% of your customers will be as happy as a pig in slop if they get a dial tone when they pick up the phone ... and all their incoming/outgoing calls connect every time.
    Excellent thought. I couldn't have said it better....

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure this is just a network setup issue likely what the last poster said with the IPs conflicting.

It works fine behind router for me at office and home.
    So Tim, is the fact that I have a 286 and cannot do 3 way calls or toggle back and forth between 2 calls (like on call waiting) a non-functioning feature of the 286 that is corrected with the 502 or might I just have a "bum 286" that needs a firmware update etc?....

I also have the 286 and see the same problem with the toggle. I swear though I have been able to call home, wife flashes over to pick up the call, we talk for a few, and she goes back to the first call. But, I just tested it with her and it doesn't work. We were on the first call, flashed over to the second call, then flashed back to the first and had just dead air on both calls. We had to hang up and re-dial.

Scott

Sounds like other people have had this issue:

http://forum.voip.com/viewtopic.php?id=5347

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Sounds like other people have had this issue:

http://forum.voip.com/viewtopic.php?id=5347
    Thanks for that link. Must be an issue with the GS 286.