Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VM Stutter Tone Stuck?

Default Re: VM Stutter Tone Stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoJustin View Post
    Currently the MSI is getting toggled each hour; I imagine we will be re-adjusting the refresh rate of this to a much smaller window, or re-addressing the issue in the near future to make it much more instantaneous (and practical).

With that said let us know if it doesn't stop after another 30 minutes..
    I still have the stutter tone. I'll be gone for awhile, will check the status when I return in 4 hours

VOIPoRay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    It would be nice if there were voice messages (and you erase all), or no voice messages, and when you exit the Voice Mail system, it would send a clear VMWI, and clear the stutter tone. That way if it glitched, it could catch it on the next check.
    Ask, and ye shall receive.... When you check the VM now (even if nothing's changed) it should send an MWI event to tell the ATA whether it has messages or not. So if your device missed a notify or something, just calling in to check again should do the trick.

Mine is in fact fixed and thanks for the update via the ticketing system as well.

I'm not sure what kind of lag time is built into the system, but when I tested it, I thought I had the same problem because the MWI remained after for some period of time VM deletion. It felt like a minute but may have been shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    I still have the stutter tone. I'll be gone for awhile, will check the status when I return in 4 hours

When I returned home after 4 hours the voice mail indicator light was blinking, still had the stutter tone.

This afternoon I received a GS-502 which fixed a couple problems I was having.

Shortly after hooking up the GS-502 the voice mail indicator on my phone started blinking, stutter tone was back. Maybe playing around with it triggered something. I set it up behind my router and made a test call to VOIPo which I did not answer, nor did I leave a voice mail message, hung up after it started ringing. I dialed 123 to check for messages, zero new messages. Indicator light kept blinking, stutter tone present.

A couple of hours later I power cycled the adapter and called it again letting it ring twice and hung up. So far no indication of a new voice mail message.

Sorry for the long post. Trying to give as much info as possible to help with the trouble shooting process.

Update: The voice mail indicator light started blinking, no incoming calls. Wife checked and found zero new messages. After she checked for messages the indicator light stopped blinking.

Second Update: Voice mail indicator light blinking again with stutter tone. No incoming or out going phone calls.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by GTOJim; 10-20-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoRay View Post
    Ask, and ye shall receive.... When you check the VM now (even if nothing's changed) it should send an MWI event to tell the ATA whether it has messages or not. So if your device missed a notify or something, just calling in to check again should do the trick.
    If so it did not work for me. I came home to the light blinking again and stutter tone on my 286 with no VM. I checked the VM via 123 and then 1 for good measure and # to exit. Hung up and the light stayed off. Had dinner and looked over and the thing is blinking again. Did the VM bit again and again its blinking.

Looks like I need to submit a ticket.

FWIW; I got home yesterday, and my MWI on the phone and the stuttering dial tone has stopped. When I get home today, I will call and leave myself a voicemail; check it; delete it; and see if everything resets as it's suppose to. Later... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Home for the day and look my 286 is flashing VMI. Support here I come.

I have had intermittent stutter tone even though there are no voicemail. However, just going into the VM system to be told there are none, seems to clear the stutter.
    Fortunately, the 286 is in the basement so I never see the flashing LED !!!!

Edit after reading Ray's reply above.....that seems to have fixed it for me.

I hooked up my new Grandstream today and called to leave myself a voicemail from my cell phone. The MWI blinked the light on my panasonic, which is great. I checked the voicemail and used 7 to delete it, but as of about 15 minutes now the MWI is still stuck on. I just listened to the message, pressed 7 to delete, and hung up. I would think this would clear the MWI but it has not.

Scott

My messages are cleared and the 286 is still delivering stutter tome and MWI is on. Re-powering the TA has again cleared the message indicators. The second visit to VM and hitting # to exit did not help.

My main line of the two is right beside this computer. None are behind NAT.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!