Thread: Choppy outgoing audio to one specific POTS number

Default Choppy outgoing audio to one specific POTS number

Overall I'm pretty happy with VOIPo call quality, but there is one household I call regularly that complains of choppy sound from my end. It's bad enough that they can't understand much of what I say and I generally have to switch to my cellphone to complete the call. Everybody else I call tells me the voice quality is fine and every test I've done (leaving voicemails on my cellphone, work voicemail, etc) sounds great with no trace of choppiness. This suggests there is nothing wrong with my adapter or network configuration, but somehow VOIPo is not able to pass a clean signal to this particular POTS number or the switch it's on. (818 area code, Pacific Bell, switch is SHOKCA01DS1)

Thoughts?

Default Re: Choppy outgoing audio to one specific POTS number

Put a ticket in to support ... I had a similiar issue and they changed my routing and all is well now.

Thanks, that's what I'll do.

A lot of people don't realize that being the majority of calls you place, aren't going to another VoipO phone, that the call has to get handed off to a Ma'Bell or Cellular company to connect you. Sometimes the routing or the other end being handed off is the issue. I had a similar problem when VoipO was first starting off. All calls were fine except call to Albuquerque New Mexico. VoipO worked on re-routing and all was good.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!