Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with the Cloud PBX?

Starting Wed Feb 5, and through today, Thur, Feb 6, we're getting tons of dropped calls on all our reseller PBX's.

This even happens on internal extension to extension calls, which do not go out on the trunk.

I can duplicate this by creating an echo extension, then dialing that extension. The audio will drop as quickly as 30 seconds, or I may get 7 or 8 minutes. But the audio drops every time. This has been duplicated from several different cities/states, for at least 5 different cloud pbx customers in the last 24 hours.

Just trying to see if it is something specific to our customers, or if it is a problem with the reseller cloud pbx.

Thanks
    i tried it with echo and it dropped at 1min 25sec and second call at 30sec.

i'm on reseller pbx.

i'm not sold on this pbx for any type of production use.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Cloud PBX?

Starting Wed Feb 5, and through today, Thur, Feb 6, we're getting tons of dropped calls on all our reseller PBX's.

This even happens on internal extension to extension calls, which do not go out on the trunk.

I can duplicate this by creating an echo extension, then dialing that extension. The audio will drop as quickly as 30 seconds, or I may get 7 or 8 minutes. But the audio drops every time. This has been duplicated from several different cities/states, for at least 5 different cloud pbx customers in the last 24 hours.

Just trying to see if it is something specific to our customers, or if it is a problem with the reseller cloud pbx.

Thanks
    We are working to address an address and isolate it where we have a user either maliciously or just with very misconfigured devices sending large amounts of invalid packets to the PBX system that are causing it to "segfault". Our monitoring is then detecting the failure and automatically rebooting but then the attacks whether intentional or non-intentional keep happening. We're working to isolate them, block them, and then put in workarounds to handle that invalid traffic in the future to prevent this.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Ah this is a reseller PBX then right? That's for our direct customers. In your case, you'd want to just route the DID to the SIP address of the extension you want it to go to. So you'd set up the DID in a resold account and then use the SIP forwarding function.
    where is the "SIP forwarding function" at?

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    where is the "SIP forwarding function" at?
    Anywhere you can put in a phone number as the destination, you can put a SIP address. Here's the format: sip:123@host.server.com

So to forward to extension 8482 on demo.voip949.com, you'd do sip:8482@demo.voip949.com

sip:extension@PBXdomain

You can direct it right to the specific extension you want this way whether it's a user extension, a call queue, a group, etc.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Anywhere you can put in a phone number as the destination, you can put a SIP address. Here's the format: sip:123@host.server.com

So to forward to extension 8482 on demo.voip949.com, you'd do sip:8482@demo.voip949.com

sip:extension@PBXdomain

You can direct it right to the specific extension you want this way whether it's a user extension, a call queue, a group, etc.
    I didn't know the forward number could be a SIP address in the reseller account, thanks.

If i have a 6 line phone (Grandstream gxp2200), having line#1 as main in-out line and lines 2-5 incoming only, all going to IVR. Is there a way to know when a call comes in, which of the 5 lines it came in on.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    I didn't know the forward number could be a SIP address in the reseller account, thanks.

If i have a 6 line phone (Grandstream gxp2200), having line#1 as main in-out line and lines 2-5 incoming only, all going to IVR. Is there a way to know when a call comes in, which of the 5 lines it came in on.
    I don't have that phone, but normally, all 6 lines would be registered with a single extension registration. Incoming calls on line 1 would flash the line 1 indicator light and ring your selected ring tone. Additional calls would flash the next indicator light and use the same ringer tone.

If you want something like different ring tones, one way is to create 2 or more different extension accounts for a single phone. Register the phone to several different extensions (1011, 1012, 1013... 1016). Then assign line indicator buttons/lights 2-6 to different extensions instead of all to extension 1 (account 1). Now you can set different ring tones to each line/extension. This lets you get specific about routing different ring groups or queues to specific extensions, so you get different ring tones based on what menu option your caller chose. You might want to limit yourself to just 3 different extensions, so each can have 2 lines on your phone.

The above is a lot to keep up with, but it might do what you need, given the tools available.

More established pbx systems have more options available such as "caller id prepend" and "agent announcement" that could help you out. I'd love to see these features implemented in the Cloud PBX at some point, especially "agent announcement", which lets you assign different pre-recorded messages to your Ring Groups, then plays the corresponding message to an agent when they answer a Ring Group call.

Anybody else having issues with their phone number not forwarding to their pbx? Mine is set up to forward to ext.400 in my pbx. Ever since last night, all I get is ringing on the number that's supposed to forward to the ext. 400. I checked everything in the pbx and all is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Anybody else having issues with their phone number not forwarding to their pbx? Mine is set up to forward to ext.400 in my pbx. Ever since last night, all I get is ringing on the number that's supposed to forward to the ext. 400. I checked everything in the pbx and all is fine.
    Yes, it seems to have started around 4pm Wednesday afternoon. I opened a ticket and was notified Thursday night that it should be fixed now.

But we're still experiencing issues with outbound calling. Only about 1 in 4 seems to work properly.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 02-21-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Yes, it seems to have started around 4pm Wednesday afternoon. I opened a ticket and was notified Thursday night that it should be fixed now.

But we're still experiencing issues with outbound calling. Only about 1 in 4 seems to work properly.
    Brandon just replied to your ticket.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

So far we've been able to find a number of bugs/scenarios during the PBX BETA that could only be discovered in real-world usage and we appreciate all BETA testers helping us test and find those bugs now and being patient as we work through them.

We think all current PBX issues are now resolved. If you continue to have issues, please update your ticket.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com