Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Sorry Guys I have been mia for a while working and such...

I have one feature request to add...

I want to be able to add a 3 digit number before or after the caller id, prefer after so that if someone having the pbx extension forwarded to their cell phone, they know its a call coming from the pbx.

Quote Originally Posted by uf_shane View Post
    Sorry Guys I have been mia for a while working and such...

I have one feature request to add...

I want to be able to add a 3 digit number before or after the caller id, prefer after so that if someone having the pbx extension forwarded to their cell phone, they know its a call coming from the pbx.
    We'll add this to the list to look into. We can def alter the CID like that but I don't think we can easily send both a custom one and still the regular one too. I think we played with that a long time ago on our cloud accounts and we ran into issues with some carriers not liking the Caller ID number not being the right length and some calls were failing. I think we just need to keep it under the normal length so we could do the ext OR a number, but pretty sure if we go longer it causes issues with some carriers.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We'll add this to the list to look into. We can def alter the CID like that but I don't think we can easily send both a custom one and still the regular one too. I think we played with that a long time ago on our cloud accounts and we ran into issues with some carriers not liking the Caller ID number not being the right length and some calls were failing. I think we just need to keep it under the normal length so we could do the ext OR a number, but pretty sure if we go longer it causes issues with some carriers.
    That would even work if it send the number called vs the caller's cid too... if that is easier I would prefer that

Quote Originally Posted by uf_shane View Post
    That would even work if it send the number called vs the caller's cid too... if that is easier I would prefer that
    Ok, we have it on our list and we're going to see what we can do to get it in the next release.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Ok, we have it on our list and we're going to see what we can do to get it in the next release.
    Sounds good Tim keep up the good work

Most asterisk boxes have that feature, called Caller ID Prepending.

The way it usually works is you can add one or more prepend characters at some stage of an inbound call.

Example, if the call routes through the sales ring group, you can prepend "S:". If the call goes through the tech support ring group, you can prepend "T:", etc. So if John Smith calls and presses 1 for sales, you'd see "S:Smith, John" on caller id.

If the extra characters causes the name length to exceed 15, then characters are removed from the end. So the resulting name is always 15 characters or less, otherwise some phones may not be able to cope.

I like the new PBX Cpanel looks good Only one problem, on the "Interconnection / Outgoing" screen under gateways, the column after "Status" you only see the "A" and part of a check box, the rest is cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    I like the new PBX Cpanel looks good Only one problem, on the "Interconnection / Outgoing" screen under gateways, the column after "Status" you only see the "A" and part of a check box, the rest is cut off.
    We're looking into this. I see you have a ticket open on it so we should have it situated soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com