Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The PBX is being offered as a standalone item for a monthly fee per PBX system. Likely around the $20/mo range for most. No limitations on extensions, etc. The only limitation will be the total simultaneous active calls it handles and we'll have a few monthly options to choose from based on that (which can be easily upgraded).

You guys are free to bundle it with calling if you want or even sell it by extension. It's up to you.
    One quick question, is the active calls limited on in bound or outbound as well?

Tim, Brandon, any word on the release of the business pbx for resellers?

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Tim, Brandon, any word on the release of the business pbx for resellers?
    We're going to be releasing it in BETA for you guys soon. I hate to give ETAs but possibly this week...it's ready to go...just hidden and we're tweaking a few things. Again I can't stress enough that it'll be in BETA though and may have issues. We've been a little hesitant about including resellers in the first BETA round since we know that can be tough to be in the middle because there will be bugs no matter how much we test once more real life usage is in place and people are using it in different ways.

What we're doing for resellers is releasing it at a discounted price for now (to account for it being in BETA). The final pricing has not been set yet because we need to see more real-life load to finalize it but basically any PBXes that you setup now in BETA will maintain the BETA price as long as they are active. Once the final pricing is setup (after a few months of BETA/real load testing) then it would only apply to new PBXes setup after that.

So it's a somewhat tough situation since we can't give you guys the "final" pricing yet which makes planning for you hard, but we're going to let you guys go ahead and set them up during the BETA and the ones you setup during BETA won't have any pricing changes later.

When I said pricing depends on load, we basically have the final pricing set but we need to make sure all our "averages" work out the way we're projecting and are the same in real-life usage as they are in our simulations. We know what kind of server resources are needed to project costs and just need to make sure everything is correct since real-life usage is the same.

You guys should have access to a PBX tab to set up PBXes in less than a week....again in BETA though so there may be bugs. I'd recommend the same course of action with your clients...let them know it's a new offering and may have bugs just in case.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by uf_shane View Post
    One quick question, is the active calls limited on in bound or outbound as well?
    It's total calls. It's essentially about server resources. The goal is a base package at a single low price with a threshold that is more than enough for 90% of businesses in terms of the session limit (calls above it would just go to busy and it could always be upgraded). Then beyond the base package, it can be increased.

The key here is that more extensions don't necessarily mean more cost (in terms of resources on our end) for us. They're just database entries. More ACTIVE use is where the resources come in and that's why we've decided to base the pricing on activity (concurrent calls).

Most of your users should be fine on the base package we set. If someone needs 100 employees making/receiving calls all day though or a call center, obviously that takes more resources/hardware than the average user.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I'm not what you would call an impatient man, but, I'm itching to get started with reselling business VoIP pbx in the cloud.

Me too... I'm eager to light this candle!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Me too... I'm eager to light this candle!
    It's still in BETA so keep that in mind, but the PBX tab is now live in your reseller panels
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Thanks Tim

WOW on the call volume, good stuff!!!

Tim are there going to be any FAQ's on the PBX. Like a PBX Server has 10 active calls and unlimited sip's. If so is ext to ext 0,1 or 2 active calls, or are active calls incoming and outgoing lines. Also if you have 2 or 3 small customer accounts that combined, would not go over the 10 active calls, could you put them under 1 PBX Server?

thanks