Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Hey Guys,

We recently announced that we're now accepting BETA testers for our upcoming PBX in the cloud offering. This will also be available to resellers to offer unbranded so we'd like to invite all resellers to help BETA test it and test it out before launch.

Think of this service as a PBX that's in the VOIPo cloud. It'll be billed based on channels and work with any existing BYOD credentials like you have on your existing accounts.

So in theory, you'll be able to create a PBX server for a small business and offer them both the PBX service and the phone service without needing to setup PBX software, a server, etc.

Basically you'll be able to create a virtual PBX server with a few clicks for that customer.

This is in BETA now and should NOT be sold or used for production yet, but you're welcome to e-mail beta@voipo.com to get a BETA one to play with and test for yourself.

Basic feature overview:

---
    Unlimited extensions

Custom domain

IVRs/menus

Static and dynamic hung groups/calls (to extensions or external numbers like cell phones)

External/forward only extensions

Announce only extensions

Voicemail boxes (individual or share group boxes)

Time/Schedule based routing (such as during biz hours and outside of biz hours)

Every feature is an extension

Every extension has a SIP address

Each user extension has their own portal login to manage their ext
    ---

Screenshot:
    http://i.imgur.com/SCsrKge.png

See http://www.voipo.com/forums/showthre...iness-features for some discussion.

The reseller version will be the same.....just your name/logo in it like the vPanel is now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Very excited about the potential of the pbx feature.

Question about the domains... IMO, resellers really need to be able to use their own subdomains for this. Will that be supported? (We still hope to see this supported for the proxy servers and control panel someday as well.)

Along the same lines, would we then be buying a separate cloud pbx, with a unique subdomain, for each of our customers? So then, we might have a subdomain like "customername.pbx.resellerdomain.com". Does that make sense, and would that be possible?

Thanks... and a tip of the hat to you guys for doing this.

Basically every PBX has it's own subdomain. We added a few more generic ones to go along with voipwelcome.com so resellers have more variety.

We do also plan to eventually add custom domain support for this. It's a lot easier to do on this than with the core platform.

What do you guys think of the functionality in it so far?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Glad to hear about the domains.

So far, the features look great. You've covered the major necessities.

I'm sure you already have plans for more, but here are some features to consider.

music on hold, custom would be nice, but built-in should be fine initially
    improved date selection tool in call history
    more flexible date and repeating pattern options in the scheduler
    star codes to access/change recordings from phone rather than control panel
    other star codes... paging, intercom, transfer, park, echo test, clock, weather, etc.
    virtual conference room extensions

maybe call queues, but I could live without that on this type of system

Others will likely want call recording, but this isn't high on my own priority list either.

White box customization (logos, colors, menu customization, etc) would obviously be nice.

Maybe combine the numbers and gateway functions to make it all more intuitive for novices.

That's all I got for now.

Anyone that is beta testing the PBX server, are you having issues with the sip still being registered to an account even after you removed the account from the PBX gateway? I am having this very issue and have sent the bug to Voipo. Since the PBX is still registered to my voipo reseller account, when the account number is called, I get the message, " the number cannot be completed as dialed".
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Once you remove the gateway does this issue persist? If you only remove the phone number / routing this is purely routing specific. The registration to a specific account is likely the issue your experiencing. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Anyone that is beta testing the PBX server, are you having issues with the sip still being registered to an account even after you removed the account from the PBX gateway?
    Yes- did it to me also. I waited all night and then had to turn off the BYOD feature in the vpanel for it to go away.
    I Void Warranties.

I sent an email requesting access. I work with an organization currently actively selling a cloud based PBX under a white label agreement. Certainly I would be able to provide feedback on features and some basic testing functions also.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by redoneusa View Post
    I sent an email requesting access. I work with an organization currently actively selling a cloud based PBX under a white label agreement. Certainly I would be able to provide feedback on features and some basic testing functions also.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!
    Great, we'd love to hear your feedback.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    Yes- did it to me also. I waited all night and then had to turn off the BYOD feature in the vpanel for it to go away.
    We made a few changes to the way gateways are handled.

First, when a gateway is added now, it does NOT register automatically. We added buttons to register and deregister.

Most providers all outgoing calling without registration (VOIPo does) so if you fill in the credentials and setup the gateway, you only need to register if the provider requires it or if you need to register to receive incoming.

This should resolve the lingering connection issue since you can de-register now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com