Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GatorChat

Default Re: GatorChat

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yeah it was the spyware company that went out of business that we bought the name rights/domain from. We debated it some, but finally decided to move forward with the name.
    When you implement the Gator help desk for VoIPo are you going to keep your current layout or move to the layout that HG uses? Asking because the information that your current layout provides at first glance is easier to read and get information from then having to click into the ticket at HG.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    When you implement the Gator help desk for VoIPo are you going to keep your current layout or move to the layout that HG uses? Asking because the information that your current layout provides at first glance is easier to read and get information from then having to click into the ticket at HG.
    We'll sit down and come up with a layout when we switch, it won't be exactly the same.

On a sidenote though, the HG layout is temporary. Very soon it's being migrated off of Modernbill into GatorBill which is the new in-house billing system. Once that's done, you'll just have 1 thing to login to for billing and tickets. Everything from billing to tickets, to chats will all be integrated in one unified system.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We'll sit down and come up with a layout when we switch, it won't be exactly the same.

On a sidenote though, the HG layout is temporary. Very soon it's being migrated off of Modernbill into GatorBill which is the new in-house billing system. Once that's done, you'll just have 1 thing to login to for billing and tickets. Everything from billing to tickets, to chats will all be integrated in one unified system.
    Cool. I know you have heard this a few times already - but it is nice to see a company take a well thought out approach to everything and not rush to release things in order to bring some revenue in the door quick and fail in the short term.

Now when you implement the Gator desk if you could tie it to vPanel for a single interface/login that would be ideal

We've had a few issues with the standalone verison and went back to the original one for now until they are worked out.

Since we were the first outside user to use the "non-integrated" verison, this was expected.

So just in case anyone sees it and is confused, we're back to the old live chat program for the time being and will be in and out of GatorChat. Functionally this shouldn't really even be noticed except the design of the chat window is a tad different.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

As a HG reseller, I like the feature, but don't like that most of the problems I have, the operators on that chat cannot give me resolution and they still try and get me to troubleshoot and ultimately tell me I have to submit a ticket.

Back on topic, overall, its a great thing to have IMO.