Thread: PAP2's

Default PAP2's

Anything special we need to do to configure a PAP2 to work correctly with a VOIPo line? I config'd as I thought appropriate, but the line won't ring incoming. I can still make outgoing. Yes, I know this isn't officially supported (which is why I'm not putting in a ticket), I'm just playing.

Thanks.

Default Re: PAP2's

What are your settings ? I use a PAP2T, maybe I can help you.

I'll post some more in the next day or two - gotta get a few things done before bed. Thanks for the offers

There was an account-related issue with the number I'm playing with, so I'm hopeful things will work tonight. I'll update here after I get a chance to try.

Yup, it was an account-related issue. It's fixed, and my phone's ringing perfectly

Thanks for the offers...hopefully I'm good to go!

I signed up for VOIPo this week and they are shipping me the adapter. In the meantime I wanted to test the service with the SIP setting that was mailed to me. Xlite was working good but my PAP2T was not working. I was getting the "Can't login to the server" error on Line2 which was configured for VOIPo

After looking at the debug log [which had the GetServerAddrErr (sip.voipwelcome.com,1)=-101 error] I found out that I had to disable the "Use DNS SRV" field to get it to working. After I set the field to "No", I got the dial tone. And I am able to make outgoing calls.

The major difference that I saw from previous provider was the phone rang immediately after I dialed the number.

I'm having a problem with a spa 2000 which is identicle to the pap2.
    I am registered and can make calls but the device doesnt seem to register an incoming call. it never rings.
    When I register with a spa 941 it works great.

Did you try setting both your username AND Auth User to your ten-digit number? (You'd check use 'Auth User' option, or set it to 'yes'.) Also, what does vPanel show under 'devices' when you register the SPA2000?

I just tried putting the phone number in the auth id and setting it to yes and it didnt seem to help

I'm using the latest version of the firmware for this old spa2000 which is 3.1.5.
    vPanel shows it as being registered which is the case since I can make outbound calls ok.