Thread: Until I can get a voipo adapter, please help with these settings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Until I can get a voipo adapter, please help with these settings

Got the packet8 adapter to work and is working great now so far.

It's a 2 line adapter so whatever strange reason, I setup line 2 with the voipo info and it's working great!

Gonna do some test calls with Brandon later but so far ok.

What does Packet8 provide for hardware? Is it the Linksys PAP2? It should say somewhere on it. Those aren't too bad, and there are some good ways to tune performance (especially if you're behind NAT). I did a ton of voip deployments in offices, so ... been there, already bled blood on most of the problems. hehe.

They have their own proprietary devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyn View Post
    What does Packet8 provide for hardware? Is it the Linksys PAP2? It should say somewhere on it. Those aren't too bad, and there are some good ways to tune performance (especially if you're behind NAT). I did a ton of voip deployments in offices, so ... been there, already bled blood on most of the problems. hehe.
    PAP2's aren't bad and that's almost what we went with. At the end of the day though, Linksys is very difficult to work with with volume.

As an example, most other manufacturers will easily point the devices to our provisioning servers ahead of time. With Linksys they will with the right volume, but it's a huge hassle. Lately most of the people I've talked to said it's almost like they're trying to phase those out the way they're handling some of the accounts.

The hardware is good...it's just the company that I don't like.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook