Brand new customer trying to connect, unsuccesfully so far.

My Netgear is a router and adsl modem combined. I am using an AT&T DSL connection. Do I have to even attach the HT502 to the wan port of my Netgear? If i do attach the WAN port of the 502 to the wan port of my router, the wan connection lights up on both, I get a dial tone, but I cannot make or receive calls.

With that set up, at least my internet connection works!. If I leave that connected and then connect the lan port of the 502 to one of the ports on my switch (connected to the DGND3700: out of connections on the router, so I added a switch to one of the ports) and then reboot all devices, I then have no internet connection, and I cannot even access the webpage set up of the netgear. The modem acquires a dsl connection, though and the appropriate green lights come on when it does.

If I do not connect the 502 to the WAN port of the Netgear, and only leave the 502 lan connected to the lan port of the switch, I have no internet available, at all, and the phone does not work either. I have re-booted in the order suggested.

In no combination of these wirings does the 502 show up as an attached device on my router or my computer, and I am assuming it should.

In the for what it is worth department, I did go into the configuration of the Netgear and disable SIP alg and rebooted. This had no effect.

Any help that I could get would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.