Ive got two VOIPO lines since early 2011. One line has a phone plugged in directly, another goes through house wiring, which is disconnected from the old POTS line coming into the house.

I've been having problems with my lines. Running the VOIPO-provided network tests show no issues with my Internet service. I have been informed that using my home wiring could have damaged my adapter, with using home wiring on one line damaging the other direct line as well. I have also been told that I will be charged for a replacement adapter.

i see that the current VOIPO online installation instructions now say not to use home wiring. I am not aware of these constraints being in place when I started service and performed my install, and even see posts in these VOIPO forums of users using multiple phones over their home wiring on the HT502 with no problems.

I've had other VOIP providers whose hardware had no issues with home wiring, and am looking at others now whose installation instructions actually specifically call this out as allowed. Technically the REN number of only one wireless phone over a short run of good wire would say this should not be a problem.

What is the real deal? Did I miss a communication from VOIPO about disconnecting home wiring?

Thanks