I am currently a VOIPo customer and would like to get a second stand alone line for my parents who recently moved into my home due to economic realities.

I sent in an information, but I think I may not be explaining what I need so perhaps I can be more plain in this forum.

I have one cable modem that is hooked up to a router and I feed all of my internet needs through there. I would like to add a second stand alone VOIPo account for my parents and port their current phone number to the new line.

In one of the responses from your techs, the following line was inserted at the end: "Also, if you have only one ISP coming into the house / one network, it simplifies the network configuration to use one VOIP device rather than two."

That is what I have: one ISP coming into the house and one network.

If adding a second stand alone line is cumbersome for my network, that sentence then makes sense to me. However, at the moment, I am unclear on what exactly is meant by that statement.

I am open to using the Virtual number route if 1) I can port my parent's current number to it and 2) I have the ability to block individual numbers for them from telemarketers, etc.

Could I get some advice on how to proceed, what is the best option, etc.?

Thanks!

Patrick