Thread: Porting number Questions and others

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Porting number Questions and others

Hello,

I`m considering getting the cloudnumbers service, but have few questions about number porting from my existing land line provider (Cablevision NY)

I`m moving away and would like to keep this number, I`m not sure when I`ll get a new provider and can port the number to them, so I`m considering porting my number to VOIPO purchasing year service and forwarding to whatever number I want.

The questions are these:

1. Do I have to pay a fee to port TO VOIPO ?

2. If I want to port OUT of VOIPO do I have to pay a fee and is it even possible to do ?

3. If I port out prior to year is up, can I still use the service with a different assigned number or will I get prorated credit/loose money ?

4. Im a little confused on functionality of SIP with cloudnumbers, I can use the cloudnumbers as a SIP trunk but only incoming ?

4a.To call out using the cloudnumbers what exactly needs to be done ?

5. The 300 Minutes that are included for incoming, how does that work with forwarding to a land line/SIP line, do the minutes get deducted after the phone call connects ? Meaning minutes are going as I talk on the phone that was forwarded to ?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by yozh; 10-15-2011 at 09:47 PM.