First of all, I want to say that the tech support is great. Very responsive and knowledgeable.

The rest of this email is about what I see as a fundamental flaw in the product that VOIPO offers. Namely the fact that, in order to get reliable inbound and outbond calls, ports 5004-65000 need to be available and forwarded to the ATA. In my case a Grandstream HT502.

This is just not a nice thing to do. One device on my LAN should not have to claim almost the full range of available ports. In my case, I cannot give the ATA all these ports. I have ports in use for other devices, several assigned through UPNP.

I will spare you the long and lengthy ways tech support and I are (still) trying to work around this. (If interested, I'll provide details). However, I am not getting answers to three basic questions from tech support, which I hope you guys can answer:

1) Is there a smaller range of ports that the HT502 really needs? So that I can forward a smaller range?
2) Failing that, is there a different ATA that voipo supports that doesn't have this issue?
3) Why is that I *never* had these issues with Vonage (was a customer for 5 years) on the exact same network setup? All I did was unplug the Vonage adapter and plugged in the Voipo provided one, and my troubles started :-(

I can totally see that someone not interested in trouble shooting, or technically capable, that will just give up when they run into the issue that half their calls only have one-way audio. I myself have spent hours and my wife is about ready to kill me. This is really frustrating I am really close of just switching back to Vonage. This aggrevation is not worth it. However, I would really like to have a solid and robust solution with Voipo.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for helping!