I just wrote VoipoTim a PM but if my previous experience on here is any indication, I can't expect a reply. So, I am going to repost my PM here with private information removed:

Tim,

I am really sorry to bother you here but I have a problem that I can't get resolved. Since I have to give you some customer information, I can't post this public in the forums.

On August 01, 2013, I contacted support and asked about termination of my service in November. I had a 2-year prepaid residential plan and just didn't want to renew anymore since I barely used it. My VOIPO number was (000) 000-0000.

I got a reply from Mykel (ID #LAD-000000) in which I was told to go to a website and do the cancelation from there.

The first problem was that my account had been terminated immediately. Not only has my number been deactivated instantly but I also have no longer access to my account and support. This information became available to me only after I submitted the cancelation request.

The bigger problem is this:
I got an automated email, telling me to ship back my phone adapter to VOIPO and that I would be charged $45.00 otherwise. The problem is that my housemate is still using it with his own VOIPO account, so, I actually can't return it without canceling his account too. He sure doesn't want to cancel but if you want your adapter back ... !

I wrote VOIPO support about this yesterday and Bonnie replied to me that I would be charged for the adapter and that I also wouldn't see a refund for my remaining months with VOIPO unless the adapter is returned.

It seems like the support stuff doesn't even bother anymore to read customer emails. It isn't the first time that there is a complete lack of understanding the problem and acting accordingly.

As of now, I not only lost my phone number 4 months early, I also will have to ask my housemate to get his number transferred to another phone service provider in order to be able to return your adapter. If you can explain to me how I am supposed to do all that within 30 days and without access to my account and support history, I will try ... otherwise, please ask the support team to use their brain every now and then.

You can see on my message that I am quite upset about this. Additionally, I am currently working at night, meaning: your business hours are my sleeping hours, so, I can't even call the hotline.

Your advice is needed!

Regards

... ......