Quote Originally Posted by RockyBB View Post
I've got another suggestion. One of the great unknown features of Vonage is Vonage Access. This feature allows the public to call Vonage customers without incurring long distance charges. They've set up local numbers in many rate centers -- call the local Vonage Access number, then key in the Vonage phone number -- and the caller avoids long distance charges. (Can't believe that MagicJack hasn't done this yet.) But if VOIPO were to stress this feature, it would be a differential advantage over other providers who have chosen not to copy Vonage. After 30 seconds of thought, I would suggest calling it "The Freeway." VOIPO customers would tell their families to look up their local Freeway number, then dial the VOIPO number. You might even make a generic website URL something like www.thefreeway.com to post the local numbers for all your resellers. The more friends and family who use The Freeway access numbers, the tougher it will be for your subscribers to quit.
A feature like this is fantastic, but I'd like to suggest an improvement. Allow VOIPo subscribers to dial into these numbers, and give them the ability to place outbound calls (domestic or international) billed to their VOIPo line. One way to set up such a system would be to have it connect to the VOIPo number when the 10-digit VOIPo number is entered, but ask for a password if 0+ the VOIPo number is entered. Once authenticated, the user would be given a new dialtone. To keep things simple, I'd recommend using the voicemail password, but if there's good reason to separate the passwords, by all means...

Talk about the factor!