Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: International Calling Rates

Default Re: International Calling Rates

Well here we are another month has passed and it is still 22 cent a minute to call the Philippines. This is one of the highest rates of all voip carriers. I have seen some carriers charging a lot less. From 9 to 15 cents per minute. I am sorry that voipo can not find a better or more reasonable over seas carrier to help them lower cost. I have been looking at different calling card services very seriously. If I were to make one 30 to 60 minute call per month I could save $ 2.10 to $ 4.20 per month on service. This could be $ 25 to $ 50 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAttack103 View Post
    Well here we are another month has passed and it is still 22 cent a minute to call the Philippines. This is one of the highest rates of all voip carriers. I have seen some carriers charging a lot less. From 9 to 15 cents per minute. I am sorry that voipo can not find a better or more reasonable over seas carrier to help them lower cost. I have been looking at different calling card services very seriously. If I were to make one 30 to 60 minute call per month I could save $ 2.10 to $ 4.20 per month on service. This could be $ 25 to $ 50 per year.
    If you call abroad on a regular basis, which you appear to do, why don't you find yourself some method for those calls which meets your needs. VOIPo has never claimed that niche and I'm not sure how productive your complaining on a regular basis is going to be. Over the past couple of weeks I made several calls to travelling family in Costa Rica - and never once did I whine about VOIPo rates. I looked at VOIPo rates, compared them to a different carrier with whom I have an account and used that carrier. I have a child who is going to be in Venezuela for 10 months starting in the fall - when she goes there, I'll once again do the comparison and not post here every couple of weeks about how I can save money elsewhere and why doesn't VOIPo lower their rates :-). No one is forcing you to use VOIPo for international calls.
    Russell

We'll be tweaking international rates later this week and also rolling out an optional addon for international calling that will provide 20 hours per month (practically unlimited) of calling to all the destinations currently included in the free 60 minutes.

Stay tuned.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We'll be tweaking international rates later this week and also rolling out an optional addon for international calling that will provide 20 hours per month (practically unlimited) of calling to all the destinations currently included in the free 60 minutes.

Stay tuned.
    Hoping that there'll be no change in the free 60 minutes with the new optional add on - not that I've used it much :-(.

Actually, the only change I'd like to see (instead of the 60 minutes) would be a use-it-or-lose-it dollar credit for international calling valid for any country - something which would be revenue neutral to VOIPo. I believe SunRocket at one time gave you a $3/month credit for international calling - if you didn't make any calls that month you lost it, if you made calls you were charged according to their rate schedule but the first $3 was free. That's the model I'm referring to - of course not the specific amount of three dollars.
    Russell

Stay tuned.
    Tim, Any updates on the addon plan?

Also, I assume this 20 hours will not be included in the 3000 minute soft cap. Do you include calls to toll free numbers in the 3000 minute soft cap?

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post

Also, I assume this 20 hours will not be included in the 3000 minute soft cap. Do you include calls to toll free numbers in the 3000 minute soft cap?
    Wrapping a few more things up with it.

The softcap is not a hard limit. It's basically just used as a flag for us to manually review the account to see how they are using it and determine if it's within normal residential patterns.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post

The addon is now available in the control panel under Billing - Promotions.

When added to an account, it will allow for 1200 minutes (20 hours) of international calling each month before charges kick in. The destinations are the same as the 60 minute offer.

$7.95/Mo or $75/Yr

The limits are based on the calendar month, but it's not prorated. So if you add it today, it won't affect any of your past calls, but you'd still have the full 1200 minutes to use from today through end of month and then it would reset on the 1st.

It's available now and we'll be announcing it soon.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 08-25-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

The addon is now available in the control panel under Billing - Promotions.

When added to an account, it will allow for 1200 minutes (20 hours) of international calling each month before charges kick in. The destinations are the same as the 60 minute offer.

$7.95/Mo or $75/Yr

The limits are based on the calendar month, but it's not prorated. So if you add it today, it won't affect any of your past calls, but you'd still have the full 1200 minutes to use from today through end of month and then it would reset on the 1st.
    Clarify, Tim. You mean you get an extra 1200 minutes of international calling for $7.95, and after that, you pay per minute fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Steinberg View Post
    Clarify, Tim. You mean you get an extra 1200 minutes of international calling for $7.95, and after that, you pay per minute fees?
    It's an addon that upgrades the 60 free minutes that are currently included to 1200. So it's 1200 total instead of 60.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

For those that want this add-on I see its at this link:
    https://secure.voipo.com/billing/promotions

This link for destinations is very detailed http://www.voipo.com/intrates.php
    Versus the link on the main website http://www.voipo.com/info/free-int-destinations.html
    that works like a pop-up.
    Last edited by usa2k; 08-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!