Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

Default Re: Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

My greeting was lost in the move to the new system and I can not record a new greeting.

Pressing 5 for advanced options, then pressing 1 to record a greeting gives a message to choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 2 gives the exact same message, choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 1 does not allow me record a greeting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    My greeting was lost in the move to the new system and I can not record a new greeting.

Pressing 5 for advanced options, then pressing 1 to record a greeting gives a message to choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 2 gives the exact same message, choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 1 does not allow me record a greeting.

Thanks
    Very strange. I had no problems recording my greeting and I chose "1" when they told me to choose 1-9.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    Very strange. I had no problems recording my greeting and I chose "1" when they told me to choose 1-9.
    After reading your post I was able to record a greeting.

I thought I had to make a choice of picking a greeting 1-9, per the recorded message. You are correct, pressing 1 again allowed me to record a greeting. I stopped when I heard the message to pick 1-9. I did not try to see what was behind door number 1 so to speak.

Instead I tried it again pressing 5 advanced options, then pressing 2 which gives the exact same recorded message as pressing 1.

Thanks
    Jim

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

I thought I had to make a choice of picking a greeting 1-9, per the recorded message. You are correct, pressing 1 again allowed me to record a greeting. I stopped when I heard the message to pick 1-9. I did not try to see what was behind door number 1 so to speak.

Instead I tried it again pressing 5 advanced options, then pressing 2 which gives the exact same recorded message as pressing 1.

Thanks
    Jim
    That's called Voice Mail jumble. Push a button and get a surprise....

Thanks
    Jim
    Interesting. I had kinda hoped by the inference of choosing 1-9 that we could save up to 9 greetings and rotate them by choosing the number, though I hadn't had time to try it out. Guess that's not the case.

And I only found out about pressing one of the numbers to record the greeting by trial and error. It's not very clear from the prompts but it does work.

Glad you got it working!

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Interesting. I had kinda hoped by the inference of choosing 1-9 that we could save up to 9 greetings and rotate them by choosing the number, though I hadn't had time to try it out. Guess that's not the case.

And I only found out about pressing one of the numbers to record the greeting by trial and error. It's not very clear from the prompts but it does work.

Glad you got it working!
    I have 2 messages recorded designated as 1 and 2
    I have successfully switched back and forth between the two messages.
    I think that if you only record one greeting, no matter which numeric value you pick, you will hear that lone recording.
    I could be wrong though.
    I was wrong only once in my life.....It was when I thought I had made a mistake.

The VM prompts do need some cleanup because the use of the words "press 2 to save the message" is confusing because she really should be saying Press 2 to SEND this message.

Experiment with recording and saving a few recordings under different numbers, then activate each one and call yourself.
    From my days in the Bell System we would always put a message number at the end of each distinct recording so we could identify routing issues when they cropped up.
    1 - Hi this is Bob, leave a message.....blah, blah.....Recording 1
    2. Hi this Bob, leave a message....blah...blah....Recording 2
    and so on and so forth.
    Only way to truly test without driving yourself crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    That's called Voice Mail jumble. Push a button and get a surprise....

Thank you for the great advice. Next time I will be more adventurous.

VOIPoRay Guest

That actually is the case.

From the main menu 5->1 will let you record any messages 1-9.

If you already have messages recorded for later use, 5->2 will let you select your pre-recorded messages 1-9 for immediate use without the need of recording them over. This option could be used in a number of ways.

Record messages as follows (option 5 from the main menu then option 1):

1. You've reached <your name here>, I'm not able to come to the phone, please leave a message.
    2. You've reached <your name here>, I'm out to lunch. Please leave a message and i'll call you back as soon as i return
    3. You've reached <your name here>, I'm on vacation. In the event of an emergency, contact <some other guy> at <some phone number>
    4. You've reached <your name here>, I'm currently playing super parent by being a chaperone on my child's field trip, leave me a message and i'll call you back.... if i can

Then later, you can easily select between them by choosing option 5 from the main menu then option 2 and select 1-4 respectively.

NOTE: if you don't have greeting 5 recorded, but you try to choose greeting 5, you'll get an "invalid entry" error message

I'd be interested in hearing what issues people are running into with this and other features of the VM. Or is it just the lack of documentation on it?
    Last edited by VOIPoRay; 10-02-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: slight clarification and a bit more elaboration

Hi Ray, Yes we need a fully working website with documentation. I don't know where billing is etc.
    I know its the job all us techys hate to do, but it is the only missing part !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
    Hi Ray, Yes we need a fully working website with documentation. I don't know where billing is etc.
    I know its the job all us techys hate to do, but it is the only missing part !!!!
    Isn't it this?

https://secure.voipo.com/billing