Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Default Re: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Brandon,

I just PM'd you a sample. Opened a ticket earlier this morning, before finding this thread on the forum. Outbound call issues, no voice on either end after connection. My wife told me that she had this problem with 5-6 calls yesterday. Interestingly, only one showed up in the logs.

Ticket number is: MCH-246217

Brandon,

I've documented a few failed calls from yesterday in ticket: JIU-287819.

I documented some yesterday also. But tech support was not interested in them and closed out the ticket without even acknowledging the info I sent them. Complete waste of time. VOIPo is just acting as if they care. But in reality they ignored the info I sent and have no desire to fix the problems on their end. All they do is point blame back at the customer. Even when this info was requested by their Founder/CEO (another thread) it was ignored when it was given to them. Good luck to those of you willing to stick around and fight. I cancelled last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    Brandon,

I just PM'd you a sample. Opened a ticket earlier this morning, before finding this thread on the forum. Outbound call issues, no voice on either end after connection. My wife told me that she had this problem with 5-6 calls yesterday. Interestingly, only one showed up in the logs.

Ticket number is: MCH-246217
    Just responded -- could you also PM me the phone number(s) she attempted to call yesterday that failed 5-6 times so I can check the route, thanks!

Just PM'd back...still having problems with no voice. This just started happening within the last couple of weeks. I doubt it's my router, as I haven't made any changes to it in 6-8 months.

PS - I don't have the numbers she tried to dial the other day that didn't show up in the log, sorry!

Figured I'd chime in - after 2+ years of near flawless service, I am having (and been having for the last couple weeks) the exact problems described in this thread. Today, for example, I tried to place a call and it was dead air after dialing the number. I gave up and hung up the phone and called the person I was trying to reach on my cell phone. ~20 seconds into the call, their other phone (the one I tried to call on the VOIPo line) starting ringing and the person told me my home phone was calling. So I picked up the phone and sure enough it was ringing. This should not happen. There is obviously a delay and obviously a queue, and once in the queue the phone is going to complete the call whether or not you are still on the line or not. This is NOT an ISP problem, this is NOT a router problem, this is NOT an ATA problem so what's left? A capacity problem? or some other problem NOT on the customers end. The problem is sporadic but happens often enough that it's a nuisance.

Figure I'd chime in - after 2+ years of near flawless service, I am having (and been having for the last couple weeks) the exact problems described in this thread. For example, today, I tried making an outbound call, it was dead air after dialing so I gave up and called the person on my cell phone. ~20 seconds into the call, the person I was talking to on the cell phone said your home phone is calling my office number (the number I called on the VOIPo line). When I picked up my home phone, sure enough it was ringing even though it was on hook for at least the last 30 seconds. This should NOT happen and is NOT an ISP problem, NOT a router problem, NOT an ATA problem, so what's left? a capacity issue? or some other issue NOT on the customers end. Brandon, I know your expertise and know you can fix this, it is a real issue.

The past 2 days i've had the same issue as well and it's causing major issues not being able to get or make calls. Things had improved and had been working fine for weeks. But now incoming calls are not ringing through. Outbound calls get me dead air, if i hang on long enough i get a dial tone again.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    Figure I'd chime in - after 2+ years of near flawless service, I am having (and been having for the last couple weeks) the exact problems described in this thread. For example, today, I tried making an outbound call, it was dead air after dialing so I gave up and called the person on my cell phone. ~20 seconds into the call, the person I was talking to on the cell phone said your home phone is calling my office number (the number I called on the VOIPo line). When I picked up my home phone, sure enough it was ringing even though it was on hook for at least the last 30 seconds. This should NOT happen and is NOT an ISP problem, NOT a router problem, NOT an ATA problem, so what's left? a capacity issue? or some other issue NOT on the customers end. Brandon, I know your expertise and know you can fix this, it is a real issue.
    This definitely sounds odd -- but my first question I am going to ask -- was there ANY intermediate connection between our device and the phone? Was this a VOIPo device?

The reason I am asking is because from the description it is pretty clear that there was some kind of disconnect or interference or extreme latency between the point of you making the call, hanging up, and the call still progressing.

If you could PM me the Call-ID in this case I would be happy to further look into it for you, however I can almost guarantee you that this is one of the above 'problem descriptions' I described above.

Simply put - if you make a call, it sends an INVITE to our servers which 'initiates' the call and we proxy this further upstream and terminate it to the 'PSTN'.

If you hang up the phone BEFORE the call connects a CANCEL should be sent to cancel out that INVITE / branch(s) that were created due to that INVITE in the original initiation of the call.

If our network does not receive a CANCEL we will continue to route that call to the public network as we are simply not 'notified' simply put that the call was actually terminated.

So with this said the initial delay could be a result of simply a bad network connection between your and our network OR a bad route that we happened to terminate this specific call to at the time of this call.

The failure of notification of the cancellation of that call could be due to several variables, i.e. interference from house wiring where the point of loop / current disconnect from the phone did not actually notify our ATA on a "analog" level as in your connection from phone to device / ATA, or at a "network" level.

So as you can see there are many many potential variables involved in this particular scenario and I would still not rule out this being an issue originating from the clients end.

If anyone is able to consistently reproduce issues lets schedule a date & time and I would be more than happy to look into each and every one's individual scenario and see if we can't rule out possibilities and any potential issues.

While I understand it may seem like several of you are having issues in all reality it is a very very very small fraction of our customer base -- each and every customer of ours is a very important part of our business and I am looking forward to doing what we can to resolve any potential issues you may be experiencing.

So I look forward to working with you all. Keep me updated with any Call Reference ID's of problematic calls that you come across. You can locate this in your call history by clicking on "Call From" or "Call To" for the applicable problematic call entry.

Also let me know your availability (anyone) that is having an issue and I would be happy to personally work with you and interactively look into the issue.

Brandon....

Excellent explanation of how it works...as well as an offer that anyone in trouble should not pass up..

I don't know of any other provider who comes to the table as VOIPo does when it comes to dealing with its customers.