Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Default Re: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    We do have plans to eventually make an alternative login method while calling in, however currently refer to your VPanel:

Beta -> Mobile

There will be a new toggle there that will allow you to enable or disable auto login for your specific call in numbers.
    Got it! Thanks, Brandon. This is very helpful.

Also those ugly 4's are now gone!

Any other numbers we should be wary of with Google Voice, just for my general knowledge? I've never actually used / looked at it.
    FWIW, if you sign up for an invite on their site, you should have within a week or two - I know 4 or 5 people that have gotten theirs in that timeframe recently. It may be worth grabbing an account just to see what it is and can do, if for nothing else than getting some new feature ideas for VOIPo

Also those ugly 4's are now gone!
    That fixed my problem, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    FWIW, if you sign up for an invite on their site, you should have within a week or two - I know 4 or 5 people that have gotten theirs in that timeframe recently. It may be worth grabbing an account just to see what it is and can do, if for nothing else than getting some new feature ideas for VOIPo
    I will definitely have to check it out eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwarden View Post
    That fixed my problem, thanks.
    Great, glad to hear you are now able to verify the number!
    ________
    Marijuana seed
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwyatt View Post

The advantage of google voice would be to someone with a traditional line who wants the bells and whistles of a Voipo account. Get the Voipo account and you don't need the google voice or the traditional line.
    I'll be using Google Voice for primarily one purpose - I'm trying to duplicate AT&T CallVantage's 'Locate Me', which is basically Simul Ring with the added ability to require pressing '1' to accept the forwarded call. For various reasons I can't turn off voicemail on my cell phone, which means if I'm out of range or the phone's turned off, the call routes immediately to voice mail. When that happens, no-one else has an opportunity to answer the call. Hence, the importance of pressing '1' to answer the call. It works great on ATTCV, but Voipo can't do it (yet) to my knowledge.

In-call transfer also looks to be a feature I'll be using on occasion.

I just got the PAP2T in the mail this afternoon, so I'll be madly trying various things with ATTCV/Voipo in the next few days to see what what works and what doesn't. Wish me luck .

Gary

One other feature that might interest folks is the ability to schedule when certain phones ring through (work phone on weekdays, cell always, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    One other feature that might interest folks is the ability to schedule when certain phones ring through (work phone on weekdays, cell always, etc.).
    Exactly, Voipo does not have yet DND on a schedule. That was my first feature request when I became a customer. I am having to use Google Voice for that.

Quote Originally Posted by txcas View Post
    Exactly, Voipo does not have yet DND on a schedule. That was my first feature request when I became a customer. I am having to use Google Voice for that.
    You should be able to do this using the VOIPo API and Windows Task Scheduler. I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do it, and I agree that such a feature would be nice, since it would not require your computer to be running for the schedule to work. But using VOIPo through Google Voice has its own issues.

It would be great if this feature could be used without having to first set the Calling Number ID via the web. For example, if a user had 2 additional numbers previously verified, dialing a prefix would allow you to place the call and deliver a different Calling Number ID on a per call basis.

For advanced/BYOD users this could be done fairly easily, and is similar to using a PAYG providers for outbound calling.

Of course, I'd expect with both Voipo-provisioned devices or BYOD, there's a considerable development and configuration management effort required by Voipo to make this happen.

Being able to use star code to change outgoing caller ID would be nice -- http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1944