Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Default Re: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It should still be there. No changes with that feature recently. What are you seeing where it was?
    The only place I can enter a mobile phone number is Beta >> SMS Controls, btu there is no verify there. I don't see a mobile phone tab anywhere, and I've clicked on every tab and setting in VPanel.

I have a Uverse Voice number that I want as my Caller-ID when dialing out until I port my Uverse Voice number over to Voipo. I add my Uverse Voice number to the Mobile section, click Verify and the phone never rings. Does it only work with a Google Voice number or a true mobile number? Uverse Voice is like a landline but I am testing Voipo before I switch over completely. Can a Tech person add it manually for me to choose as my outgoing CID?

What would be the correct way to use my landline phone number as my outgoing caller id until I decide I want to keep Voipo and port my landline number into it? It seems to me you can only use mobile number.

Quote Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
    What would be the correct way to use my landline phone number as my outgoing caller id until I decide I want to keep Voipo and port my landline number into it? It seems to me you can only use mobile number.
    You can use any type of phone number as long as you're able to verify it. I use my Google Voice number as my outgoing caller ID. In VPanel, go to Beta -> Mobile. Type your landline number in the Mobile Number field and click the Add Mobile Number button. In the bottom section click the Click Here to Verify link and the system will call you and ask you to type in the verification code displayed in VPanel. After the number has been verified, it will appear in the Outbound Caller-ID drop-down list in Beta -> Misc. Just select it and click the Set Caller-ID button.

Just enter your land line where you would otherwise enter your mobile phone number (either Beta/Mobile or Beta/SMS Control, I can't remember which).

I second this request !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by voipouser View Post
    It would be great if this feature could be used without having to first set the Calling Number ID via the web. For example, if a user had 2 additional numbers previously verified, dialing a prefix would allow you to place the call and deliver a different Calling Number ID on a per call basis.

For advanced/BYOD users this could be done fairly easily, and is similar to using a PAYG providers for outbound calling.

Of course, I'd expect with both Voipo-provisioned devices or BYOD, there's a considerable development and configuration management effort required by Voipo to make this happen.