Thread: Frustrated new user

Default Frustrated new user

I'm new to voipo but not to voip in general as I am coming from another vender where I had to maintain my own ATA equipment so I am very familiar with setting up SIP/IAX clients. The service I'm coming from was rock solid from day one.

In the couple of weeks I've had voipo I have been getting sporadic loss or wrong CNAM delivery, calls not showing up in my Call History and calls going right to voice mail without ever ringing the phone. I only have about 10 days left on the 30 day trial but as I have already ported my number in I would like to make this work, but after submitting 5 support tickets and having support try various settings on the ATA and changing the server I'm pointing to, things have not changed. Support has been courteous on the phone and in emails, but it just seems like this is the level of quality I am stuck with and nothing is helping. I have heard that you can ask to be sent to Tier 2 or 3 level support, but again coming from another service that I had to maintain myself, this should not be this difficult to get working. It appears that all my problems are related to voipo servers and there is nothing I can do about this.

What options do I have at this point? I am very concerned that if this doesn't get straightened out in the next day or so I'll never have enough time with it to verify if it's actually working before the 30 days runs out. I have two tickets in to support now but as it's the weekend I see another 2 days of the 10 I have left slipping by. I'm willing to accept occasional service interruptions or glitches, but when I can't go a day without something messing up I'm getting very nervous and wondering if voipo is ready for prime time? VOIPO HELP!!

Darryl
    Last edited by darrylh; 09-16-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Default Re: Frustrated new user

Porting from the get-go never sounds like a great idea. Especially to retain a number but back out of a money-back guarantee. Hopefully something can be worked out. IMHO VOIPo is verry good at doing the right thing. Perhaps your post here will get some closer examination.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Hi usa2K,
    I was concerned with porting my number so quickly but I have been using another voip provider for over a year with great success so I know my ISP is up to the task. I used the provided temporary number for many test calls, but unfortunately that was only for outbound which I am not having as much difficulty with. I couldn't expect to test the inbound viability since they provided me a California number and I'm in Michigan. Not great for having local people call me to test, so I took a leap of faith. Since the call quality seems fine when a call is established I didn't think there would be so many server issues not related to my connection.

I've read various threads on this forum with people having exactly the same issues since the beginning of the year. I know this is not representative of voipo's overall quality as forums are usually skewed towards problem reports. In many of these cases voipo has stated that some combinations of ISP/Router/ATA just never seem to work right, but that can't explain many of my issues. Calls not being registered in the Call History, CNAM not showing up or incorrect in the call history, Call Waiting indication not happening while I am on a call so I am certainly registered with their server for instance. Take just the issue of CNAM not always showing up in the call history. There is absolutely no reason my ATA would even need to be registered for an inbound call's CNAM to be logged. My ISP/Router/ATA could be completely down and it would have zero affect on this. This is obviously a problem with either their attempt to hit the CNAM database, or with their servers themselves not properly logging the call. This alone seems to say that there are issues with their servers. Please note that this has been noticed with a few different numbers that call several times a day. Sometimes the CNAM is fine, sometimes is empty and sometimes it's just wrong.

I certainly want to make this work as I really like voipo's features and pricing but logging a support ticket, having them make changes, rebooting only to have the same problems that day or the next feels like I'm just spinning my wheels which is why I came here to see what other peoples experiences are. If they are having server problems they just need to be upfront about it so we know what's going on and when a fix might be expected.

Darryl
    Last edited by darrylh; 09-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Darrylh....

Since you are reading this forum, I think you might agree that for the multi-thousands of VOIPo customers, there are a very few who seem to have major ongoing problems.

As Tim has indicated numerous times, there are some situations where no matter the equipment you use or whatever support restructures, the service may not work for you.
    You know that there are so many different variables that in some cases, nothing will help....even though it worked well with other providers.

I have been with them since the beta days many years ago and with the exception of an occasional glitch, my service has been perfect.

Try to suggest to them to send you to a higher tier of support and see if that doesn't help.

Good Luck...

Thanks burris. It's encouraging to hear from people who are experiencing good service. I hope to contact support tomorrow and get their feedback on these issues. I just had a 30+ minute call and the audio quality is extremely good. Not a click or hash at either end. That has been stable for me right from the start, its just these nagging little issues. I will certainly post here when I have any new information.

Darryl

VoiPo works very well and has very good support. I would not jump ship yet, and there is no such things as a perfect voip provider out there.

I can report back that voipo's support team has been looking into my obscure issues and they believe they have them addressed. I have to give top marks to their team who worked on this over the weekend including emailing me on a Sunday night! Those would said their support was very good were not kidding!

Darryl

Glad to hear progress!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by darrylh View Post
    I can report back that voipo's support team has been looking into my obscure issues and they believe they have them addressed. I have to give top marks to their team who worked on this over the weekend including emailing me on a Sunday night! Those would said their support was very good were not kidding!

Darryl
    I'm glad to hear that our support team is getting things resolved for you. If you do encounter any more issues with this and they're not able to resolve it, feel free to e-mail me at tim @ voipo.com and I can have a supervisor followup with you to work on your issues. More than likely our team will be able to get it resolved for you though.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks Tim. I appreciate you being so accessible and your commitment to your customers. So far it looks like the fix is working. I can't say enough about your support team and the effort they have put in.

Regards,
    Darryl