Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Feature: API Access

Default Re: Alpha Feature: API Access

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Is anyone using this yet?
    Yes, I'm using it to set DND automatically at certain times of day. That one's huge for me. I don't really see any other features that would be more useful to me in the API than just via vPanel.

I think I am going to write a little program to take advantage of this in Windows. Would be easier for the wife then logging in Vpanel.

Perhaps when I get the basics for it down I may have some suggestions for additional features. This is a really cool idea. I hope you do not give up on it due to lack of interest because its not something most people can take advantage of right away. Most have no idea how to use it.

Might be neat if you could use it to make a call which would then ring the ATA and when answered completes the call. Like the Vonage click to call software for example.

I found this site with some examples if anyone has a interest in it.
    https://secure.click2callu.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    What features would you guys want to see added to it?
    I could see several uses for Voicemail:
    • Enable/disable
    • Return number of unread messages
    • Return message details (Message ID, Caller Name & Number, Date/Time, Duration, etc.)
    • File/delete messages using Message ID above

I would think the first two are pretty basic and the last two a little more complicated. I could see this tying into something cool like a Firefox voice mail plug in or something along those lines...

I second this for the VM interaction. Would be great to integrate with my home web page so I can get a quick idea of what my messages are without having to login to the vPanel.

How about a option for simul ring.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-12-2009 at 04:51 PM.

What about a new option for DND called "status" which would report if it was enabled, and if so, which type of DND is enabled. This would be handy for a web page I want to put together for my wife that'll tell her what the status is and give her buttons to enable/disable from her iPhone so she can do so while dealing with our little one.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    What about a new option for DND called "status" which would report if it was enabled, and if so, which type of DND is enabled. This would be handy for a web page I want to put together for my wife that'll tell her what the status is and give her buttons to enable/disable from her iPhone so she can do so while dealing with our little one.
    Code:
    http://api.voipo.com/?username=USER&password=PASS&action=dnd&arguments[]=status
    There you go, enjoy!
    ________
    Ferrari f2007 specifications
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Code:
    http://api.voipo.com/?username=USER&password=PASS&action=dnd&arguments[]=status
    There you go, enjoy!
    Oh sweet. Works like a charm!

Now if we could have an api call that would delete all messages from our voicemail (since we *usually* listen to them via email).

Perhaps also a "last X callers" where X is a number you could send to the api. The data returned should be customer caller ID aware.

How about a message that says "Success!" on the API pages if successful for confirmation. If not I can work around it. Just seems to make since.

I'm just getting started with iPhone development myself. Would there be any interest in creating an iPhone app that would interact with the existing services/future web services to allow you to control these settings quickly and easily through your iPhone?

Since I'd be using this as a learning exercise for myself, I'd be happy to put it up in the App Store as a free app.

And I agree with Xponder, a confirmation message for each service if it was successful would be nice.
    Last edited by CrownSeven; 06-14-2009 at 10:55 PM.