Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Default Re: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Casey,

You may now toggle the auto-login capability.

You're amazing!

Sorry for diverting the thread . . .

Thanks, so much.

Um . . . how does it work? The outgoing message is the same: "Please enter your destination number; current VOIPo customers may press * for more options." I pressed * and got the ability to place an outbound call or enter a configuration code, but so far as I could tell, no way to turn off auto-login.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    For those of you who want to set your Caller-ID on the second line, you may now do so, thanks!
    Thank you very much, you guys rock!

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Um . . . how does it work? The outgoing message is the same: "Please enter your destination number; current VOIPo customers may press * for more options." I pressed * and got the ability to place an outbound call or enter a configuration code, but so far as I could tell, no way to turn off auto-login.

Doug
    Casey,

Double check that the auto login is disabled -- due to the current previous behavior of default "enabled" we have by default left them enabled to not disrupt other clients use.

You will press * as normal and it should ask you for your VOIPo client username + password.
    ________
    Fisting movie
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    You guys are too much. I don't think I've ever experienced the kind of response and service that we get from you.

Thanks....

burris
    I wanted to second this comment. The response is amazing and incredible. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Casey,

Double check that the auto login is disabled -- due to the current previous behavior of default "enabled" we have by default left them enabled to not disrupt other clients use.

You will press * as normal and it should ask you for your VOIPo client username + password.
    Brandon,

Auto login is still enabled for me.

Were you changing just mine? That works for me so long as it doesn't take away the other features of a verified number (e.g., caller ID selection). What I was suggesting, however, was some way to disable it upon calling in -- i.e., so that it would be enabled unless the caller chooses to disable it. Others might want that behavior as well, rather than having to put in a ticket or make a special request.

Also those ugly 4's are now gone!

Any other numbers we should be wary of with Google Voice, just for my general knowledge? I've never actually used / looked at it.
    I'm seriously looking at my google voice account and considering it's purpose given the many options and alternatives available and being created with my Voipo account.

I'll post my findings after a think through it all.

On the surface, I can only suggest that with the development of this product the features of google voice are mostly duplicated here and google still requires you to have a terminating phone number to send it to.

The advantage of google voice would be to someone with a traditional line who wants the bells and whistles of a Voipo account. Get the Voipo account and you don't need the google voice or the traditional line.

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Brandon,

Auto login is still enabled for me.

Were you changing just mine? That works for me so long as it doesn't take away the other features of a verified number (e.g., caller ID selection). What I was suggesting, however, was some way to disable it upon calling in -- i.e., so that it would be enabled unless the caller chooses to disable it. Others might want that behavior as well, rather than having to put in a ticket or make a special request.
    We do have plans to eventually make an alternative login method while calling in, however currently refer to your VPanel:

Beta -> Mobile

There will be a new toggle there that will allow you to enable or disable auto login for your specific call in numbers.
    ________
    Ford germany history
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwyatt View Post
    I'm seriously looking at my google voice account and considering it's purpose given the many options and alternatives available and being created with my Voipo account.

I'll post my findings after a think through it all.

On the surface, I can only suggest that with the development of this product the features of google voice are mostly duplicated here and google still requires you to have a terminating phone number to send it to.

The advantage of google voice would be to someone with a traditional line who wants the bells and whistles of a Voipo account. Get the Voipo account and you don't need the google voice or the traditional line.
    Agreed, but the voicemail transcription (however flawed it occasionally is) still gives an advantage to using it, at least for me. I love being able to just check my txts to see what the VM said. Having said that, most of the other features are duplicated. If it hadn't been for transcribing feature, I probably wouldn't be using it. I'll be interested in reading your thoughts on it when you post them later.