Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BETA Feature: Call Recording

Default Re: BETA Feature: Call Recording

tested incoming and outgoing both, works great
    dvijen

Just now had the chance to play w/ it. All recordings (both in/out calls) get emailed to me as 314 byte files, unplayable. Obviously a problem if the files are only 314 BYTES (not kb).

Quote Originally Posted by frankd1 View Post
    Just now had the chance to play w/ it. All recordings (both in/out calls) get emailed to me as 314 byte files, unplayable. Obviously a problem if the files are only 314 BYTES (not kb).
    Could you please PM which filename this was (sent to you) -- thanks!

Edit: (4:25am, over looked the fact you said ALL) -- just to further clarify you do mean ALL? Exactly 314 bytes each? Thanks!
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 07-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Could you please PM which filename this was (sent to you) -- thanks!

Edit: (4:25am, over looked the fact you said ALL) -- just to further clarify you do mean ALL? Exactly 314 bytes each? Thanks!
    ALMOST all:

Size Timestamp (PST)
    314B 7/22 12:51a
    314B 7/22 12:52a
    350B 7/22 1:27a
    314B 7/22 2:04a

ALMOST all:

Size Timestamp (PST)
    314B 7/22 12:51a
    314B 7/22 12:52a
    350B 7/22 1:27a
    314B 7/22 2:04a
    Frank,

Ok thanks for that information -- it looks like what may be happening is that we are processing these recordings "too fast" as far as sending them out before they are completely rendered/ready. I've added a slight delay to it ~ 3 minutes -- could you re-test this feature, and let me know your end results, thanks!
    ________
    Pregnant shemale
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Frank,

Ok thanks for that information -- it looks like what may be happening is that we are processing these recordings "too fast" as far as sending them out before they are completely rendered/ready. I've added a slight delay to it ~ 3 minutes -- could you re-test this feature, and let me know your end results, thanks!

Just tried one outbound call, and still got the 314 byte file. Didn't have time to try inbound call.

Just tried one outbound call, and still got the 314 byte file. Didn't have time to try inbound call.
    Frank, I'm almost curious as to if there may be some other issue at hand going on, such as a limitation / error with the receiving end / mail transfer agent.

I see your full file sizes here, what I'm going to do is mark them at "un processed", so you will be resent the audio files. If you could just advise if they are still the same size, or in completion now, this should prove / disprove this theory. Thanks!

The "resends" are still 314 bytes, and unplayable. My main email address is an Exchange hosted account, so I added a Yahoo address to the vpanel recording page, and I get the same, less than 1K unplayable .wav attachment at the Yahoo address as well (I kept my Exchange address listed, and still got the 314 byte attachment there too). Let me know if there are any specifics I can provide to track this down.

The "resends" are still 314 bytes, and unplayable. My main email address is an Exchange hosted account, so I added a Yahoo address to the vpanel recording page, and I get the same, less than 1K unplayable .wav attachment at the Yahoo address as well (I kept my Exchange address listed, and still got the 314 byte attachment there too). Let me know if there are any specifics I can provide to track this down.

I also tried a third, IMAP-focused address I used to use (fastmail), and had the same problem at that address too. FWIW, the message header for the Exchange address includes the following error:

X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER SECTION, MIME error: error: couldn't parse head;
    error near:;
    UklGRiQxCwBXQVZFZm10IBAAAAABAAEAQB8AAIA+AAACABAAZG F0YQAxCwCUAOQA0P+I/1gA+P+o;
    /yAASADo/+D/QAA4ANj/fP98/4j/sP/o/9D/sP84AKQAWACg/3z/+P+w//D/JAHkAPj/8P9YAGgA;
    MADw/5j/0P/4/8j/CAA4AMj/wP/g/3z/2P8gAJj/0P94AAgAbP8YA[...]

From my testing I found that you have to dial the 10 digit phone number for this to work. 7 digit dialing does not work. Also, I would like to suggest the ATA be setup to give you the second dial tone like you did with *67

The short call I made to test it recorded fine and the audio was clear. File size was 533 KB on a call less than 2 minutes. Overall I think its a very nice additional feature. Thanks guys!