PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having voicemail issues?

fisamo
12-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Since I don't use the voicemail much, I haven't noticed this issue until now. Presumably if it were a regular occurrence, I wouldn't be the first person to ask...

When I dial into my voicemail from my voipo line (123), I get the 'welcome to your voicemail' greeting and am told I have one new message (as I should). It says 'New Message Number 1: ' and then drops back to the 'You have one new message in folder Inbox. Press 1 for new messages...' menu.

In terms of troubleshooting, I tried deleting the message and leaving a new one (it was actually old, just not listened-to), and I moved my * system back to sip from jupiter. I am able to retrieve and listen to my messages when logging into vpanel, just not by 123.

One other thing I noticed (moving between sip and jupiter) is that if I switch servers, the 'devices' tab shows two registrations with an approx 6 hr expiration time. I thought that might be a factor in the voicemail issue, so I waited until one of the registrations expired and tested (while only registered to Jupiter, only showing 1 device), and I still got the menu loop. It'll be another 6 hours before I can test just registered to sip (I moved my * back to sip and will leave it there for now).

VOIPoTim
12-29-2008, 08:12 AM
The voicemail is pretty much isolated from the SIP servers so that's likely not related.

What it sounds like is maybe the message in question is corrupt or doesn't exist. Is this the only time it's happened?

fisamo
12-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I was able to listen to the message from my vpanel, and I left myself a new message that exhibited the same behavior. I'll play around with it a little more and see if it's still happening.

fisamo
12-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Still not working quite right. As of now, there are no messages in the inbox, so if it needs to be reset in some way, it's a good time to do so. :) FWIW, my outgoing greeting works just fine. It's just retrieving messages on the phone (listing through vpanel works, also) that is not behaving properly.

darylo
01-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I had a ticket in for this and they thought it was because of the pap2. Still not resolved. I'm glad others have the same issue.

fisamo
01-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I had a ticket in for this and they thought it was because of the pap2. Still not resolved. I'm glad others have the same issue.

I never did put in the ticket, so I suppose I should do so. :(

I don't see how the user agent (PAP2 vs Grandstream vs Asterisk) would matter to the voicemail system. You press 1 for new messages, it says New Message Number 1, then tells me how many new messages I have (with no further intervention--so it can't be misinterpreting DTMF).

I've tried disabling that voicemail box and re-enabling it with no luck. Perhaps there's some additional 'hard deletion' that can be done on the back end after I disable the mailbox that will reset things? A permissions issue that can be reset? I don't know how to solve the problem--just guessing here.

darylo
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
That's what I said.

I never did put in the ticket, so I suppose I should do so. :(

I don't see how the user agent (PAP2 vs Grandstream vs Asterisk) would matter to the voicemail system. You press 1 for new messages, it says New Message Number 1, then tells me how many new messages I have (with no further intervention--so it can't be misinterpreting DTMF).

I've tried disabling that voicemail box and re-enabling it with no luck. Perhaps there's some additional 'hard deletion' that can be done on the back end after I disable the mailbox that will reset things? A permissions issue that can be reset? I don't know how to solve the problem--just guessing here.

chpalmer
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
The ata can actually cause issues so that the call is never routed to voicemail. My dlink was troublesome that way. But thats the only issue Ive ever had.

fisamo
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't have guessed that an ATA could cause trouble with routing to voicemail. The problem in this case, though, is that I'm already in the voicemail system, and it just won't play my messages. Instead of playing my message, it repeats the prompt telling me how many new messages I have. :( It almost makes me wonder if it's a file access error condition that's unique to a few accounts (looks like it's happening to 2 of us). Now, exactly WHAT the error is, WHY it's unique to my and darylo's accounts, and HOW it became a problem are all a mystery to me! :) I'd be glad to have someone at voipo completely delete my voicemail account from the system (as long as it can be done without killing my line!) and create a new voicemail account for me to see if that will resolve the issue. I don't know if that can be done, though...

fisamo
01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
So I got an email today, which I will copy below:

Seems like there was an inconsistency with some of the voicemail settings from the early beta account such as yourself -- it should all be resolved and fully functional now. Let me know if you're still encountering issues.

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: FWM-661450

The problem is, indeed, resolved. If you need, send a note to Justin with my ticket ID number, but now that he's fixed mine, I'm sure he'll be able to get anyone else squared away pretty quickly.

darylo
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the update.

So I got an email today, which I will copy below:

The problem is, indeed, resolved. If you need, send a note to Justin with my ticket ID number, but now that he's fixed mine, I'm sure he'll be able to get anyone else squared away pretty quickly.