PDA

View Full Version : Order Form Updates

VOIPoTim
12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
We are working on a new Order Form that's a little easier to use and better laid out.

What kind of feedback does everyone have for the order process?

VOIPoTim
12-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Some other things that go along with this that are in the works:

1) Porting Status Check - See porting status (Submitted, Documentation Received/Processed, Estimated Date, etc)

2) Shipping Tracking - See shipping status and tracking info.

3) Automated Porting Forms - Will Take Info and Generate a Pre-Filled PDF vs a Blank PDF

Montano
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Order form..... what's that ?? ;)

All I ever did was PM you and everything was set up !!

NY Tel Guy
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Order form..... what's that ?? ;)

All I ever did was PM you and everything was set up !!Boy the way Glenn Miller Played, songs that made the hit parade.......those were the days.

Xponder1
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
We are working on a new Order Form that's a little easier to use and better laid out.

What kind of feedback does everyone have for the order process?

Well I already told you this in my email to support (thanks for the help) but I will list them here for everyone to see.

1. Part of the sign up that is supposed to show your ip shows the wrong ip.
2. The fee for taxes needs listed on the last page. When your making a payment everything should be spelled out in detail.
3. You need the ability to empty your shopping cart and remove items.
4. The process for releasing the phone number you selected in the form needs improved. Currently I could (and have) start a order, start over, start over again and so on and it does not release the numbers even if you close your browser window. The list of available numbers just keeps shrinking.
5. Just a thought since the first virtual number is free you could add that to the order process so you can go ahead and select both numbers.
6. A detailed lease agreement for the adapter you have to accept to complete the order ( for legal reasons ) and the option to just purchase the adapter out right.

Off topic but adding the details you gave me about the cloned second line to the FAQ would help new folks out. I think this is a very cool feature.

VOIPoTim
01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you guys like the multi-step process or would you like a single form (VT Style + showing what people will be charged) better?

Xponder1
01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Do you guys like the multi-step process or would you like a single form (VT Style + showing what people will be charged) better?

Call me what you will but what do you mean by VT Style.
Do you have a url? You can send it to me in a pm if you like. I would just like to compare.

usa2k
01-03-2009, 04:43 AM
http://viatalk.com = VT style

Xponder1
01-03-2009, 09:32 AM
http://viatalk.com = VT style

Thanks. Their order page does look pretty nice. All the info in one spot. I like it.
So I vote for something like that.

GPM
01-03-2009, 12:01 PM
A suggestion on the porting process. Consider that you may be dealing with people as dumb as I am. You may want to add something telling people that if they have a DSL line (mine's with Qwest) and if you plan to port your old landline number to VOIPo that you'd better convert your DSL line to a stand alone line first. A DSL line bundled with your landline will be canceled when your phone number ports over.

Not that I actually forgot to do that, and then lost my DSL line for a week. On the plus side, the failover feature works just fine.....

rx100
01-03-2009, 01:10 PM

I vote for VT Style. Its pretty simple.

Regarding the Porting, Do we really need to sign the paperwork(porting request form) or digital signature is sufficient to process the request?

usa2k
01-03-2009, 02:16 PM
The VT sign-up is OK but looks busy.
The Vonage sign-up is multi-stage and look good. And shows what steps are done.
The Dell customize your computer form is awesome - running tally of costs ...
iConnectHere.com is a good multi-stage sign-up

You really need to decide what works.

You need to pre-plan how to simplify multiple primary numbers on one account if you care about chasing business accounts too.

What ever form you create, please keep some summary of the stages and the costs. Its best to have price and all before expecting money.

jpg ATTACHMENTS still get a database error!

barryg
02-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Some other things that go along with this that are in the works:

1) Porting Status Check - See porting status (Submitted, Documentation Received/Processed, Estimated Date, etc)

Is it currently possible to check porting status online?

If nothing else, you could treat it as an open ticket with VOIPo providing status updates to the ticket, all viewable from Billing Login.

Barry

kevm
02-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Im glad this is being improved. I just posted a question about checking porting status before I saw this post. I must say that this whole setup and management is a bit challenging ( not for me personally, but when compared to ATTCV), but I must admit that since the recent group of fixes, my actual issues have been greatly reduced and the voice quality has been great. now just some cosmetics and additional features and I think your golden...

Thanks

eagle 1
02-13-2009, 06:31 PM
I like your suggestions regarding the porting status, what is needed, etc. I have had a long process to port my number and still have no idea when it will be complete. Explaining the virtual number while waiting for port is another plus that should be explained. Since it is a great offer it should be explained and promoted more. As it stand s now, if i knew for sure my numbers would be ported over from ATT, i would port over another number today! Any Discount for two lines, but would want 2 ata's?

NY Tel Guy
02-13-2009, 07:53 PM
....... As it stand s now, if i knew for sure my numbers would be ported over from ATT, i would port over another number today! Any Discount for two lines, but would want 2 ata's?
Well for what it is worth, I ported 2 numbers over from CallVantage and they ported without a hitch.

VOIPoTim
02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Is it currently possible to check porting status online?

If nothing else, you could treat it as an open ticket with VOIPo providing status updates to the ticket, all viewable from Billing Login.

Barry

Not yet, but we're working on automating it more and will be launching a "Porting Center" soon.

You should be notified when we have the ETA for the completion date. If you want to check in the meantime, just contact support.

kevm
02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Well for what it is worth, I ported 2 numbers over from CallVantage and they ported without a hitch.

Im waiting for a callvantage port now.

NY Tel Guy
02-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Im waiting for a callvantage port now.
My experience has been that AT&T waits until you finish your bill cycle before they release your number to the new provider so it could take a good part of a month to complete through no fault of Voipo. This way AT&T minimizes loss of revenue, although I did get a partial month refund 4 months after I had cancelled.