PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Number Questions

Montano
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
As I play with my VN a little more, I need some help with a few things.

First, is there a way to check the VN voicemail via phone, without having to dial the entire number ? I don't think there is but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Next, it would seem that some of the functions for the VN voicemail are n/a. The autologin does not work since you have to call in from a different number. Also the number of rings would be that of the main voicemail box, right ? Lastly, the update MWI button doesn't do anything for the VN voicemail.... or does it ?

usa2k
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
(Just some thoughts)

It would be nice having a main "123", 1st virtual "124", 2nd virtual "125".

Also, it would be nice if the Virtual number could replace the Cloned number on a 502 for inbound, ... but that may be asking much?

Montano
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
My wife is having a hard time with this voicemail thing..... My phone shows we have a message, she dials 123 and it tells her 'no new messages'. But we do have a new message on our virtual number, and here's where I have to explain to her that she needs to dial the entire virtual number, then hit the * key, then enter the voicemail password and press the # key :(

VOIPoTim
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
My wife is having a hard time with this voicemail thing..... My phone shows we have a message, she dials 123 and it tells her 'no new messages'. But we do have a new message on our virtual number, and here's where I have to explain to her that she needs to dial the entire virtual number, then hit the * key, then enter the voicemail password and press the # key :(

Does the VN need its own box or could it be combined with the main one?

Montano
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
It needs it's own box.

NY Tel Guy
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
It needs it's own box.I have no VM activated on my Virtual number. Callers to my primary and Virtual number go to one mailbox. I prefer it that way for me.

VOIPoTim
01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah unfortunately that's not going to be a quick fix.

The 123 access matches up the number calling from so it doesn't know about the virtual numbers.

We could look at completely disabling MWI for Virtual Number mailboxes, but that's another feature.

We'll look into it more and maybe have a fix in the future to simplify the virtual number dedicated mailboxes.

fisamo
01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
If you dial your virtual number, get voicemail, and hit * to interrupt the outgoing message, are you set to log into your virtual#'s mailbox or your main mailbox?

Montano
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
If you dial your virtual number, get voicemail, and hit * to interrupt the outgoing message, are you set to log into your virtual#'s mailbox or your main mailbox?

If you dial your vn, then you are set to log into your vn's mailbox.