PDA

View Full Version : Codeblue Hostname

VOIPoTim
01-11-2009, 04:42 AM
We've recently discovered that there are a ton of registration attempts still coming in on the codeblue hostname.

This was phased out about a year ago, but I think a lot of new people are seeing it in old threads.

You should be using sip.voipwelcome.com so replace any references to codeblue.voipo.com with it or it likely won't work well for you.

Brian
01-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Just a suggestion Tim, why not just repoint the codeblue DNS entry to sip.voipwelcome.com? I know you ultimately don't want people on it, but this seems harmless enough...

Xponder1
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Just a suggestion Tim, why not just repoint the codeblue DNS entry to sip.voipwelcome.com? I know you ultimately don't want people on it, but this seems harmless enough...

Does sound like a good idea.

chpalmer
01-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Truthfully Id leave it as is.

Is there a way to know if any or all of those attempts are legit?

VOIPoTim
01-12-2009, 01:01 AM

Part of the problem is that the registration authentication hashes are partially based on hostname so we had a lot of people apparently trying to use it but their sip accounts were never encrypted for this hostname so they're getting authentication failures and assuming something is down.