PDA

View Full Version : Beta Feature: Star Codes

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 04:10 AM
We've added a few Vertical Service Codes/Star Codes which are ready to be tested.

*20 [phone_number] - Call Forward
*21 - Call Forward Disable

*22 - DND Busy
*23 - DND - Voicemail
*24 - DND Disable

*25 [phone_number] - Set Failover Number
*26 - Set Failover to Voicemail

*69 - Return Last Call
*27 - Add Last Caller to Blacklist

*67 - Block Caller ID (Single Call)
*30 - Block Caller ID (All Calls)
*31 - Unblock Caller ID (All Calls)
*82 [phone number] - Send Caller ID (Single Call)

These should be fine, but please report any issues with them here. All numbers currently need to be in 10 digits.

The reason some of the codes are not in the traditional numbering is that the HT502 intercepts some of them when we use the traditional numbering.

usa2k
01-18-2009, 04:53 AM
And being in the ALPHA forum ... this should stay quiet while testing?

*22 - DND Busy
*23 - DND - Voicemail
*24 - DND Disable
Assuming White-list will pass thru?

I deny all, then allow local numbers like 734* through as White-list.
Is there nothing available to make 734* ring but not be classed as White-list?

Any chance a special tone could indicate DND busy?
DND - Voicemail would get stutter after a call with message.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 04:55 AM
For now yeah. Just until we clean up some and make sure they are all working well.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 05:02 AM
The DND options should still respect whitelist, yeah.

burris
01-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Getting better and better....

Just finished some preliminary testing on the codes and these are some results.

Love the confirmation.."Thank You" voice. It doesn't speak on certain codes such as *30, etc., but does on the ones that require additional entries.

The other codes seem to be fine...forwarding-failover-return last call is a winner-DND great.....

I suppose the next plateau will be to engage these from a non-VOIPo line..

burris
01-18-2009, 09:22 AM
I forgot to mention that I was able to do some of the testing from one cloned line to the other. Blocked CID came up as anonymous, for example..

NY Tel Guy
01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
We've added a few Vertical Service Codes/Star Codes which are ready to be tested.

These should be fine, but please report any issues with them here. All numbers currently need to be in 10 digits.

The reason some of the codes are not in the traditional numbering is that the HT502 intercepts some of them when we use the traditional numbering.I also noticed that when you use these codes, they show up in the Vpanel call history which is a good thing in case you forget what code you last dialed - a good value add.

burris
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I also noticed that when you use these codes, they show up in the Vpanel call history which is a good thing in case you forget what code you last dialed - a good value add.

I never noticed this....how nice.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I suppose the next plateau will be to engage these from a non-VOIPo line..

Two completely different remote methods are coming soon. One way I've never seen a VoIP provider offer at all.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
These still seem to be solid so far, so I'm moving to the public customer forum.

burris
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Two completely different remote methods are coming soon. One way I've never seen a VoIP provider offer at all.

I don't believe what I am seeing.

You are causing a bit of trauma for many of us who came from a provider that was drowning in features, most of which never worked, notwithstanding the fact that the basic service never worked reliably much of the time either..;)

Xponder1
01-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Thank you Tim

orum
01-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I am waiting for my number to port, so I can't test the inbound stuff, however, I did have an issue with *67. I called *67 (10 digit cell phone). My cell still shows the caller ID information for my home number.

I would expect an "unknown".

Is this working for everyone else?

Thanks,
Dan

burris
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
I am waiting for my number to port, so I can't test the inbound stuff, however, I did have an issue with *67. I called *67 (10 digit cell phone). My cell still shows the caller ID information for my home number.

I would expect an "unknown".

Is this working for everyone else?

Thanks,
Dan

Sometimes when you have a contact name and number programmed in on your cell or home phone, it may automatically reference it even if the CID does not transmit.

orum
01-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Sometimes when you have a contact name and number programmed in on your cell or home phone, it may automatically reference it even if the CID does not transmit.

How does it know? I thought the info in your address book gets matched against the CID in order to display. Without the CID, how does it know what to display?

I just tried to call my office number, and even with *67, it was passing my home phone number to it.

Dan

VOIPoTim
01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
How does it know? I thought the info in your address book gets matched against the CID in order to display. Without the CID, how does it know what to display?

I just tried to call my office number, and even with *67, it was passing my home phone number to it.

Dan

Are you doing this from your HT502 or from another device?

When you dial it are you dialing it all at once?

orum
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Are you doing this from your HT502 or from another device?

When you dial it are you dialing it all at once?

Yes, it's a HT502. And I am dialing all the digits at once.

I will try again tomorrow in case this is caused by the recent changes to my account on Friday.

Dan

ralfaro
01-19-2009, 07:42 AM
I can report the same issue here with *67. I am dialing *67 immediately followed by the ten digit number of my cell phone. The caller id info is definitely going through. I also tried *30 as well just for grins with the same results. This is with the 502 behind my router.

My intention was to have the ATA in front of the router, but even after spending quite a while on the phone with support, we just couldn't get the 502 to pull an ip address from my cable modem.

burris
01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Just tried *67 again.

For the moment it isn't working, although it did yesterday...

However, when dialing from one cloned line to the other, it does show as anonymous, which it was doing yesterday.

fisamo
01-19-2009, 08:48 AM
The reason some of the codes are not in the traditional numbering is that the HT502 intercepts some of them when we use the traditional numbering.

Bummer on the code interception. Is this the "Special Feature" setting on the HT502? I looked at the options that dropdown and see that you can choose 'standard' 'CBCOM' 'RNK' or 'Huawei'. But there's no option for 'disabled' or 'none'... Do you think Grandstream would be willing to allow their vertical service code interceptions to be completely disabled?

chpalmer
01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Bummer on the code interception. Is this the "Special Feature" setting on the HT502? I looked at the options that dropdown and see that you can choose 'standard' 'CBCOM' 'RNK' or 'Huawei'. But there's no option for 'disabled' or 'none'... Do you think Grandstream would be willing to allow their vertical service code interceptions to be completely disabled?

About a third down on the FXS Port pages..

Enable Call Features: No Yes (if Yes, call features using star codes will be supported locally)

Is this what you mean?

VOIPoTim
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
GS will let you disable it, but it also disables call waiting :)

We finally opted to just not fight with it anymore and go with the new numbering and also use some of the local ones on the device (like disabling call waiting) anyway.

fisamo
01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
GS will let you disable it, but it also disables call waiting :)

We finally opted to just not fight with it anymore and go with the new numbering and also use some of the local ones on the device (like disabling call waiting) anyway.

Disappointing, IMO, but completely understandable. That is one area where the PAP2 has an advantage--you can competely customize feature codes, etc. (No--I'm not advocating/wishing for a different choice in ATAs--just lamenting the inability to easily follow the standard star codes. :(

burris
01-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I must be going nuts..

For me, the *67 only works when calling from one cloned line to the other.

Yesterday the code worked fine. Today, as I look at my call logs, every outbound call has my home number listed as anonymous, yet all the calls went through and when I checked with the receiving ends, they all see my complete CID.

I wonder if there isn't some interaction within the *code database that might cause a scenario like this.

Just tried *67 from my home VOIPo to my cell and 'private' is the only thing that shows. I'm still on sip, by the way..

rcboats24
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I accidentally dialed *123 instead of 123 for voicemail and received the confirmation "Thank You" from the system. Any idea what feature I may have enabled or disabled by dialing *123?

* Just received a response from Tim that *12 isn't mapped to any feature in the system so nothing would happen.

NY Tel Guy
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I accidentally dialed *123 instead of 123 for voicemail and received the confirmation "Thank You" from the system. Any idea what feature I may have enabled or disabled by dialing *123?

* Just received a response from Tim that *12 isn't mapped to any feature in the system so nothing would happen.lol thank goodness the audio response didn't say:
"Thank you for using Voipo. Your account has now been closed", and with that - the unit goes silent.
Could have been worse I guess....:rolleyes:

rcboats24
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Thats what I was worried about. Thought there might have been a 'feature' programmed in for those of us trying to use Viatalk's voicemail code on Voipo. :)

VOIPoTim
01-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Thats what I was worried about. Thought there might have been a 'feature' programmed in for those of us trying to use Viatalk's voicemail code on Voipo. :)

Now that you mention that, it may not be a bad add to add an alias for that to go to VM since it's unused anyway. I'll add this to our list.

It could prevent some confusion.

rcboats24
01-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks, it would be a help for customers coming from Vonage and Viatalk which both use the *123 for voicemail.

orum
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes, it's a HT502. And I am dialing all the digits at once.

I will try again tomorrow in case this is caused by the recent changes to my account on Friday.

Dan

I tried *67 yesterday, and it came up "unknown" on my cell phone. Looks like whatever wasn't working is working now.

Thanks!
Dan

ksarpong
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
*30 does not work on PAP2T. It just give you a busy signal when you dial *30 and 10-digit phone no.

VOIPoDylan
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
*30 does not work on PAP2T. It just give you a busy signal when you dial *30 and 10-digit phone no.

This could be firmware related. Can you please open a ticket to get this looked into.

bubbanc
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Also, I no longer get "Thank You" when I enable/disable DND via *23/*24. I simply get the fast busy. Has something changed?

stevech
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Old thread.
Is there a list of actually supported remote (DTMF) star codes? Is the one listed here valid?
Sorry - I searched the forums and VPanel before posting here.

caseydoug
02-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Look at the sticky first thread in this forum. That is the official list.

stevech
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Are the codes not posted on the Vpanel?

tritch
02-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Are the codes not posted on the Vpanel?

Also found at voipo.com support pages: http://voipo.com/help/article/star-code-feature-code-list-19.html

Most support documentation is almost always found on the "support" section of the respective company's public website. I suppose Voipo could put another tab or link in vPanel for support docs, which would simply point to the public site if they felt it was needed........

stevech
02-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Kind of a treasure hunt to find the star codes list on line.

VOIPoTim
02-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Correct, all available documentation is at http://www.voipo.com/help which is also accessible by clicking the Support link in the top nav menu of any page on our VOIPo.com site. The Star Codes are linked on the homepage of that as a "Featured Article" in the knowledgebase.

Once the new version of vPanel is released, new, more comprehensive documentation will be posted. It also has things like help bubbles you can mouseover with a description of functionality, etc.

stevech
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Ah, thanks... more hidden treasure
http://www.voipo.com/help/