PDA

View Full Version : Any way to monitor my VOIP line?

ffeingol
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Hello,

This may seem like an odd question but is there any way to monitor my VOIP number to insure it's working? I see a few posts here and there about having to reboot the ATA to get incoming calls working etc.

I'm used to using tools like Nagios to monitor various hardware devices (by checking ports and SNMP). Is there any way to check the ATA or that the phone is actually working short of calling it?

TIA

christcorp
01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
have you tried remote accessing your PC network? Then you can get into your network and look at the voip adapter. Haven't tried it, but you could possible do a port forward from your system to the voip adapter. just some thoughts. never tried it. later... mike....

fisamo
01-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Hello,

This may seem like an odd question but is there any way to monitor my VOIP number to insure it's working? I see a few posts here and there about having to reboot the ATA to get incoming calls working etc.

I'm used to using tools like Nagios to monitor various hardware devices (by checking ports and SNMP). Is there any way to check the ATA or that the phone is actually working short of calling it?

TIA

have you tried remote accessing your PC network? Then you can get into your network and look at the voip adapter. Haven't tried it, but you could possible do a port forward from your system to the voip adapter. just some thoughts. never tried it. later... mike....

Not having the HT502, I don't know what your WAN config options are. However, if you can configure remote access via the WAN link to a custom port number, you can forward that port to the HT502. I've done this with other devices on my network, including my Linksys CallVantage adapter (when I had it). [The nice thing about the Linksys (or Centillium--not sure which) was that if someone was on the phone, it also showed the number of the person on the other end, so I could see who my wife was talking to if I checked in... :D ]