PDA

View Full Version : Voipo and Direct TIVO

serialportme
01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Any luck getting Voipo to work with the Directv Tivo HR-10?

Not sure if I should be looking at the Tivo Community, but thought maybe someone already solved this issue.

I do understand what VOIP means - just hoping there has been a solution.

Xponder1
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Any luck getting Voipo to work with the Directv Tivo HR-10?

Not sure if I should be looking at the Tivo Community, but thought maybe someone already solved this issue.

I do understand what VOIP means - just hoping there has been a solution.

The HR10-250 has always been a pain about connecting even with a pots line. If you do get it to connect it will be hit and miss. The HR10-250 wants to call in every week or it annoys you with messages about "making a daily call now".

Why are you still using the HR10-250 anyway? It is obsolete and you can not watch any high definition programming on it anymore. DIRECTV is using MPEG 4 and that is a MPEG 2 unit. Your best bet in my opinion is to call and ask for your free upgrade. The new units download software updates threw the satellite and only need the phone for pay per view orders by remote. You can connect it to the internet and use the on demand feature and I think they phone home now that way and you can download thousands of programs for free using the on demand feature.
The new units also show you how much disk space you have left and using MPEG4 you can record more HD shows in the same amount of space. I think the hard drive is larger and the new units also have a external sata connection if you ever decide you need a larger hard drive.

There are more than 130 channels available in HD and you get 0. With a newer HDDVR you really do not even need a phone line connected. Problem solved. You can order ppv's on their web site.

serialportme
01-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks...but...

I know all about what Directv has to offer, and I want to stick with them.

In addition, I want a TIVO, not a DVR. I don't have a high def TV - gasp...So, no need to upgrade any equipment.

So, unless you are buying, I will stick to my obsolete H10

Xponder1
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks...but...

I know all about what Directv has to offer, and I want to stick with them.

In addition, I want a TIVO, not a DVR. I don't have a high def TV - gasp...So, no need to upgrade any equipment.

So, unless you are buying, I will stick to my obsolete H10

Well then you might be happy to know they are working with TIVO to create another DIRECTV DVR with TIVO that will also have the new features they have added on their own DVR. I think its due out next year.

Montano
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
What's the model number of this miracle HDDVR from DTV ?

Xponder1
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
What's the model number of this miracle HDDVR from DTV ?

It a HR10-250. They can check the TIVO community forums for information on slowing the modem ect. It's been repeated there over and over again.

serialportme
01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Been Google and Tivo Community route for days before I even posted here...

Thanks, but the commands for slowing the modem start with "*" and "#" which do not seem to play nice with Voipo or the router.

Xponder1
01-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Been Google and Tivo Community route for days before I even posted here...

Thanks, but the commands for slowing the modem start with "*" and "#" which do not seem to play nice with Voipo or the router.

I don't think the tones are passed if the correct codes are used. If I recall it was something like dial prefix ,#034 to slow to 34kbps. It just acts like a command tells the unit to use a slower speed. It does not actually dial it.