PDA

View Full Version : features request

mdlawler
01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see the following features and am throwing them out there for discussion.

1. I'd like a way to get envelope information in the voice mail system. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the number that left a message and it would be nice to have a way to here this.
2. I'd like *69 to give you the number of the last caller and then prompt to return the call or not. If this isn't possible then what about a new * code for this purpose?
3. I'd like to be able to transfer cals between the two ports on the ATA. Consider a situation where I'm on the phone, I answer a call on call waiting, and then want to transfer it to the second phone port causing it to ring to allow another family member to take the call and then allow me to continue with my previous call. Of course, with caller ID, this might not be necessary, but I'm blind and am not always within range of my talking caller id device.

dlangley
01-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I also agree that the *69 should read back the number; every other cariers *69 handles it this way.

I notice the envelope info is read at the beginning of the message but there's no key to repeat it later if desired. also, can caller ID be added to the envelope information?
In adition, can voice mail be moved to the main part of the portal? right now its 2 clicks away. since mostly people log in to the portal to check voice mail it makes sense to have the inbox either on the main page or have voice mail a link off the page and not off of features.

I dont believe that transfering the 2nd call on line 1 to port 2 on the ATA is physically possible However transfering the first call should be doable
Can someone from voipo clarify a few points on this:
Is transfering calls currently enabled on the ata's? If so, documenting this in the knowledge base might be a good idea. I assume if it is, you transfer by just hanging up after both partys are connected? I ocationally use this to transfer calls to my cellphone if I'm on the phone and want to leave the house.
is there a code to dial port 2 on the ata so as calls can be transfered?

fisamo
01-29-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't have the HT502, so I can't test this. If you have some spare time and a patient household (or an empty house :D ), call your cell phone from the line attached to Port 1. Once the call is connected, use the hookflash on your voipo line as if taking a CW call. At the dialtone, dial ***70 to ring the other line. You can try an attended transfer (answer the line on the 2nd port before hanging up the line on the 1st port) or a blind transfer (once it starts ringing, hang up the first line) and see what happens.

Mind you, this approach will not help you in the situation you describe (transfer an existing call to ring on Line 2, while answering an incoming call), as one of your ports would have to be handling 3 calls (the call already in progress, the new incoming call, and the call that's initiated to transfer one of the other two calls). I can't imagine a way to do that without having a PBX system (e.g. Asterisk) or key system in addition to the ATA.

ralfaro
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Amen on 1 and 2. I do really miss not being able to get the number of the person that left the voice mail as well as not getting this info when returning a call via *69. in fact, there is a return call option in voice mail that currently doesn't wortk. Any chance of getting this working?

RA

usa2k
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I like all three suggestions. Even a way to join both lines would be cool.
Not suggesting the two lines are easy or possible - just like the thought.

If two phone ports were like a two phone PBX, in implementation ...

1bird2
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
A feature I always liked was one I have seen in some Verizon Wireless markets, but not all -- I know Northern VA/DC/MD area has the following. When you call the vzw number and the called cell line is on a call, I would hear the ring back tone, along with a short beep at the very end of the ring back tone. This signified that the cell line was currently on a call. I really like that feature -- would love to have that for my Voipo line, e.g. when I call home and hear the distint ringback tone that tells me someone is on the phone.

-bird

voipinit
02-05-2009, 05:18 AM
I like the features listed above.

Another feature I'd like to see is one I had with my last provider, a DND scheduler by day of week and time. I liked setting it up so as to not get calls late or in the middle of the night unless they were on my whitelist, with a message indicating I'm not accepting calls right now and to try back later as opposed to the busy signal or voicemail option now with no scheduler. Just my 2 cents.

bwarden
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I like the features listed above.

Another feature I'd like to see is one I had with my last provider, a DND scheduler by day of week and time.

I'd like to second the vote for scheduled DND. This was a killer feature for us on VoiceWing, having a 5-year-old who needs to be in bed earlier than some people who call us consider a polite time to stop calling.

We would probably always set it to go directly to voicemail.

fisamo
02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
While you're adding features to DND, I'd like a timed DND. CallVantage offers a scheduled DND (though their scheduling options are rather limited), which is nice; they do not offer a permanent-on DND. Their "do not disturb now" feature is timed in 30 min increments for up to 3 hours, I think. Once time is up, DND is canceled without having to dial a feature code or log in to the web portal. (You can extend DND by as much as you want, so it can be set to auto-timeout after well over three hours.)
The other nice feature of CallVantage DND is that the inbound call is intercepted by a recording (can make a custom one) in which the caller is given the option to 'ring through' (such as for an urgent matter). Otherwise, they are transferred to voicemail to leave a message. I realize that with that function, you're trusting the sleazy telemarketers to not wake your 6 month old up during nap, but it's nice to have, IMO. (Of course, since not everyone would like it, you could add an 'Enable Urgent Call Completion' option for each user to decide whether they want to allow callers to override their DND. If you're going to make the feature more complicated, you might as well go all the way! :p )

NY Tel Guy
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
The other nice feature of CallVantage DND is that the inbound call is intercepted by a recording (can make a custom one) in which the caller is given the option to 'ring through' (such as for an urgent matter).

This is good for those of you who have "drunk dialing friends" at 3 am.....;)

VOIPoDylan
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
This is good for those of you who have "drunk dialing friends" at 3 am.....;)
Take advantage of VOIPo and Free Drunk Dial your friends at 03:00 :)

stenger
04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Frankly the thing that I could really use the most would be adding the Caller Id Name to the Call History Logs. This is something I could use every day as it is a pain to go back through my phones caller Id to try and match up a name with the call logs as they are now.

TomP
04-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Frankly the thing that I could really use the most would be adding the Caller Id Name to the Call History Logs. This is something I could use every day as it is a pain to go back through my phones caller Id to try and match up a name with the call logs as they are now.

I agree - this would be very useful.

Russell
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Another strong plug for this. And the name used should be from the custom caller id (if one was configured).

voxabox
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
;)ya have my vote

ptrowski
04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
;)ya have my vote

Mine also!

tapetum
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd like to be able to add multiple email addresses to the voicemail notification area.