PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo Fax

livepublicity
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
How many faxes can i received and send monthly?

thanks

VOIPoTim
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, it's an inbound only service and doesn't offer the ability to send. There's no hard limit on it.

It's a secondary service that wasn't really our focus so later we'll likely come back and add more functionality, but for now it's just inbound only.

livepublicity
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
i just got used to it when i was beta testing.
thanks for the reply

dtrose
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Tim -

Any updates on when local numbers will be available for the fax service?

VOIPoTim
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Tim -

Any updates on when local numbers will be available for the fax service?

We can manually add them now, but likely won't be automated.

It's not a VoIP based services so it's pretty much a manual process to issue them, so that's why we only offer toll-free and just order large batches. If you really need a local number instead though, we can add them in most major cities. Just open a ticket requesting it. Pricing would be the same.

VOIPoTim
09-03-2009, 08:44 PM
We can manually add them now, but likely won't be automated.

It's not a VoIP based services so it's pretty much a manual process to issue them, so that's why we only offer toll-free and just order large batches. If you really need a local number instead though, we can add them in most major cities. Just open a ticket requesting it. Pricing would be the same.

FYI local fax numbers are now available for order on the order forms/in vPanel. These are not VoIP based so the coverage area is not as broad as our voice numbers, but most major metros are covered.

bwyatt
09-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Just last week I sent my the paperwork in to port my local fax number after support said I could. A very courteous gentleman called me a couple of days later and said it couldn't be done because of the relationship with the FAX service arrangement.

Tim - are you saying this has now changed? Can I resubmit my paperwork and port my local fax number now?

fergessen
12-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Any chance that a one off can be done?

pretty please;)

VOIPoTim
12-16-2009, 12:42 PM
We offer new numbers for faxing in some areas, but can't port in numbers.

The fax service is not VoIP based for reliability so the coverage and upstream carriers involved are different and would incur a large porting cost vs our normal bulk pricing.

GIKE613
02-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I haven't received a fax since Friday morning and am up a creek. Since there is no weekend support, am stewing in a sea of anger - thinking about all of my lost faxes. Is there anything to be done on a weekend?:mad:

livepublicity
02-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I haven't received a fax since Friday morning and am up a creek. Since there is no weekend support, am stewing in a sea of anger - thinking about all of my lost faxes. Is there anything to be done on a weekend?:mad:

To make it worst there is no way to get lost faxes, when the system fail to send it to you. you only know when your clients complaint or you are really waiting for one, on the mean time we just miss faxes.. :(
It happens to me

GIKE613
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree with that. yes, a nice additional feature would be posting i/b faxes on secure.voipo.com. How about that Tim? (otherwise, Voipo is a great product)