PDA

View Full Version : ongoing pricing, a question ...

kevm
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
I just signed up for voipo for one year and paid with pay pal. I paid about 165. for the service, taxes and the ATA. When I signed up, pay pal created an additional subscription payout of $135. to be paid in January 2010. I was happy with that and thought that from year to year 135 annually would be the cost.
I seem to be hearing now that the cost is about $235 with taxes after the first year, which makes vioipo pricing on par with my ATT callvantage pricing since I have an ATT cell phone and get a small discount.
I would love to think that ongoing year to year I could pay 135 if paid up front, just not sure this is the case.
I am not saying that Voipo is any more or any less worth the price at this point. I'm just trying to understand the ongoing structure.

Thanks

Kev

fisamo
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
While this doesn't answer your question, what additional fees are tacked on your CallVantage monthly bill? The $235 for VOIPo would be all-inclusive, approximately $5/yr less than CallVantage for 12 months at $19.99/mo. That $19.99/mo, however, does not include any below-the-line taxes or fees, such as E911 charge, AT&T's $0.99 junk fee, or local taxes.

I'm not trying to push you in any direction, just wanting to be sure you compare apples to apples. (I'm also a very happy CV user and am disappointed that AT&T is allowing it to die on the vine. :( )

kevm
01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
While this doesn't answer your question, what additional fees are tacked on your CallVantage monthly bill? The $235 for VOIPo would be all-inclusive, approximately $5/yr less than CallVantage for 12 months at $19.99/mo. That $19.99/mo, however, does not include any below-the-line taxes or fees, such as E911 charge, AT&T's $0.99 junk fee, or local taxes.

I'm not trying to push you in any direction, just wanting to be sure you compare apples to apples. (I'm also a very happy CV user and am disappointed that AT&T is allowing it to die on the vine. :( )

I am really sorry too. You are correct with the pricing. When all is said and done, ATTCV is about $25 per month (300) annually with the discount and VOIPo working off of the $235. would be a savings of $65.00 a year.
Probably more importantly, your comment about ATT letting callvantage die on the vine. It does seem that this may be happening.

Take care

Kev

eagle 1
02-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I also thought the Paypal subscription of 135 was the ongoing price. So it will be 235 next year, Man I was going to port my other line also...I am currently paying 39 for 2 ATT land lines (+about 6 something in taxes and fees, don't have any features except unlimited local, no caller id or anything(use cell phone for all long distance)...

Well I guess I would still be saving about $10, but I have not had great call quality Lately....And putting the hs502 router in front of my cisco asa just causes problems with my servers...I put in behind the asa and it works, but .....is that what is causing my static? Also, have issues registering when in front of cisco asa with an assigned static public ip.....

Anyway back to price, is the 235 per line confirmed?

bdyelton
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I also thought the Paypal subscription of 135 was the ongoing price. So it will be 235 next year, Man I was going to port my other line also...I am currently paying 39 for 2 ATT land lines (+about 6 something in taxes and fees, don't have any features except unlimited local, no caller id or anything(use cell phone for all long distance)...

Well I guess I would still be saving about $10, but I have not had great call quality Lately....And putting the hs502 router in front of my cisco asa just causes problems with my servers...I put in behind the asa and it works, but .....is that what is causing my static? Also, have issues registering when in front of cisco asa with an assigned static public ip.....

Anyway back to price, is the 235 per line confirmed?
I would also like to know what the price is going to be a year from when I started service. I didn't see anything about the price jumping to $235...

kevm
02-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I would also like to know what the price is going to be a year from when I started service. I didn't see anything about the price jumping to $235...

I dont really think any of us saw it. you sign up, you get the option of picking either a monthly or a yearly rate for ongoing service. I picked yearly and I guess that is where pay pal got its yearly price from. However, if you look at your account, it will probably say that the service cost 22 dollars and change after the first year and will be billed Monthy including all taxes. That is barely a savings over ATT CV which I have had and been happy with for a year. I did an online chat with sales, and was told that the cost is 199 per year after the first year and 36 dollars in taxes which is where I got my numbers.
Fisamo knows what he is talking about, so if he confirms 235 a year, it probably is, and I wouldn't care so much since it is still a savings, except the last few days have been aweful.
I cant always call out. I cant get simul ring or call forwarding to work and I have had registration drop, all since Friday night, which is when I went live
We should probably ask Tim about a service credit. I think he gave one recently because of issues. We should probably also inquire about extending the trial period from 30 to 60 days so that we can get some stability before deciding if we are going to maintain the service.
To his and his teams credit, they are very responsive to concerns. Much more so than other companies I have delt with. I think it will all come together with some effort on their end and some patience on our end.

Kev

bdyelton
02-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I can definitely say that if service will jump to $235/year, I will also jump to another voip provider.

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
By default, all plans will renew to standard pricing unless we make renewal specials available later.

Standard Pricing:

$19.95 Monthly + $3 Monthly = $22.95

$199 Yearly + $36 Regulatory Recovery = $235

As for which one your special will renew at, it depends on when you ordered. For the current launch special, everyone will renew monthly unless they opt to prepay.

From the Order Form:

"After your first year, accounts on this plan will renew monthly at the standard monthly rate unless other arrangements are made to select a new prepaid term."

Different launch specials have differences. If you have any questions about your specific account, please contact us.

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I would love to think that ongoing year to year I could pay 135 if paid up front, just not sure this is the case.

Initially orders will show the price paid at the time of order in billing. For prepaid plans, the system will update that to standard pricing for renewal. We currently run a script to do this once a month for prepaid accounts (since it doesn't even come into play for a year).

This is a little convoluted, but it was the only way our billing system could work with the $100 discount for the first year without doing coupons. When we got rid of the coupons to keep things simple, we just discounted it and have a script to update it later.

Again, there may be renewal specials at that time that you could take advantage of, but by default everything renews at standard pricing.

bdyelton
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Initially orders will show the price paid at the time of order in billing. For prepaid plans, the system will update that to standard pricing for renewal. We currently run a script to do this once a month for prepaid accounts (since it doesn't even come into play for a year).

This is a little convoluted, but it was the only way our billing system could work with the $100 discount for the first year without doing coupons. When we got rid of the coupons to keep things simple, we just discounted it and have a script to update it later.

Again, there may be renewal specials at that time that you could take advantage of, but by default everything renews at standard pricing.

If there is a special for renewing, at what point can we renew? Can we do it before our prepaid year is up? Do we have to wait until after the prepaid year? In other words, if after 8 months of my service I see a renewal discount, can I extend my prepaid year to another year?

Xponder1
02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
By default, all plans will renew to standard pricing unless we make renewal specials available later.

Standard Pricing:

As for which one your special will renew at, it depends on when you ordered. For the current launch special, everyone will renew monthly unless they opt to prepay.

From the Order Form:

"After your first year, accounts on this plan will renew monthly at the standard monthly rate unless other arrangements are made to select a new prepaid term."

Different launch specials have differences. If you have any questions about your specific account, please contact us.

For what its worth I think the pricing is fair.

barryg
02-14-2009, 06:28 AM
I can definitely say that if service will jump to $235/year, I will also jump to another voip provider.
I have to echo these sentiments, feeling kinda dumb that this new subscriber missed the 1-year price jump as well. Minutes-wise, I'm a very light phone user and $10/mo seems about the right price point. I hope VOIPo will reconsider their renewal pricing and encourage customer retention.

vinnie
02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
I have to echo these sentiments, feeling kinda dumb that this new subscriber missed the 1-year price jump as well. Minutes-wise, I'm a very light phone user and $10/mo seems about the right price point. I hope VOIPo will reconsider their renewal pricing and encourage customer retention.

I just switched to VoIPo from Vonage 10 day's ago. I was on the 500 minute a month plan because we only use 300 to 400 minutes a month. I figured I would give these folks a try because one, (good reviews) and two, (attractive price). Even if the price goes up to $199 a year plus $36 fee it is still a much better deal than I would be paying with Vonage at $23 a month with fees and a 500 minute limit.
So far I am very impressed with the great level of service. I think if VoIPo continues giving their customers good value along with great service, they will be in business a long time.

Xponder1
02-14-2009, 04:04 PM

First, after a year how many of them will still be around? They go out of business daily (perhaps because of their pricing). Second, Tim has made it clear they are not intent on being the bottom of the barrel provider. They have big plans and reasonable prices. I was paying AT&T almost 50.00 a month for a fraction of the features. I had Vonage and their pricing is still higher than VOIPo and their customer service is shit.

You get what you pay for. Perhaps they will adopt a plan with limited minutes that is slightly less expensive. Only time will tell.

VOIPoTim
02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
You get what you pay for. Perhaps they will adopt a plan with limited minutes that is slightly less expensive. Only time will tell.

What I will say is that the current launch special will be gone later this week (at least in its current form) and some new pricing/offerings will be available.

eagle 1
02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
What I will say is that the current launch special will be gone later this week (at least in its current form) and some new pricing/offerings will be available.

So, I just ordered another line (porting my main home number)..Should I have waited?

fisamo
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM
So, I just ordered another line (porting my main home number)..Should I have waited?

Probably not--the launch special is a great deal.

Xponder1
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Probably not--the launch special is a great deal.

QFT ;) .........................

NY Tel Guy
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
QFT ;) .........................You Guys got it all wrong.... Tim said there would be a good "lunch" special coming up.:eek:

Montano
02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
You Guys got it all wrong.... Tim said there would be a good "lunch" special coming up.:eek:

I hope it's @ a good Texas BBQ joint :)

Xponder1
02-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I hope it's @ a good Texas BBQ joint :)

Going to have to be darn good for me to drive 5 hours to it.

abward
02-18-2009, 09:33 AM
VOIPoTim,

FYI, ViaTalk now has two lines for two years for $199.

NY Tel Guy
02-18-2009, 11:02 AM
VOIPoTim,

FYI, ViaTalk now has two lines for two years for $199.Yes but try dialing out in an emergency with VT:p........

burris
02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes but try dialing out in an emergency with VT:p........

Or...even dialing out most other times..:rolleyes:

VOIPoTim
02-18-2009, 11:40 AM
VOIPoTim,

FYI, ViaTalk now has two lines for two years for $199.

That's actually the same offer that we have already. The 2 lines just means the standard line + the cloned port.

VOIPo = $99/Year

ViaTalk = $199/2 Years / 2 = ~$99

ViaTalk's tax model bumps their significantly higher though.

bdyelton
02-19-2009, 01:43 AM
That's actually the same offer that we have already. The 2 lines just means the standard line + the cloned port.

VOIPo = $99/Year

ViaTalk = $199/2 Years / 2 = ~$99

ViaTalk's tax model bumps their significantly higher though.

VOIPo = $99/Year for first year, $199/Year after that - so for 2 years of service, it's ~$300.

ViaTalk = $199 for 2 years

Am I wrong?

usa2k
02-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Perhaps a second year can be bought while it lasts?

bubbanc
02-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Agreed. If we could lock in at the 99+36 for a certain period of time, that would be great! Otherwise, I'm likely to go back to VT/CC when my year is up (and hopefully VT will have re-architected again and somehow become less sucky).

VOIPoTim
02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Agreed. If we could lock in at the 99+36 for a certain period of time, that would be great! Otherwise, I'm likely to go back to VT/CC when my year is up (and hopefully VT will have re-architected again and somehow become less sucky).

We've been letting people add an additional year at that rate while the special is going on if they send in a ticket asking to do so.

It's just not something we advertise since it's a pretty heavy discount.

GTOJim
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
We've been letting people add an additional year at that rate while the special is going on if they send in a ticket asking to do so.

Tim

Just opened a ticket with sales to take advantage of your great offer.

Thank You
Jim

bdyelton
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM

Ticket submitted :D

voxabox
02-20-2009, 09:16 AM

Standard Pricing:

From the Order Form:

Tim, does this apply to us "Founders" as well?
ie, our "Founders Plan - Residential All Inclusive" will renew at?

its original rate ($99.00)
standard monthly rate ($19.95 Monthly + $3 Monthly = $22.95)
standard yearly rate ($199 Yearly + $36 Regulatory Recovery = $235)

I release this is a very volatile/challenging market, but ...
Cheers,
-v

NY Tel Guy
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
My interpretation was the "founders" rate is for life.

kevm
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
would it be possible to add a second line on the special and at the same time extend both out for 2 years? please let me know. I will not however want to port my second line until the first one goes smoothly.

Regards

VOIPoTim
02-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Tim, does this apply to us "Founders" as well?
ie, our "Founders Plan - Residential All Inclusive" will renew at?

its original rate ($99.00)
standard monthly rate ($19.95 Monthly + $3 Monthly = $22.95)
standard yearly rate ($199 Yearly + $36 Regulatory Recovery = $235)

I release this is a very volatile/challenging market, but ...
Cheers,
-v

The Founder's plan renews at its original rate....it's locked in with no need to renew.

VOIPoTim
02-20-2009, 12:35 PM
would it be possible to add a second line on the special and at the same time extend both out for 2 years? please let me know. I will not however want to port my second line until the first one goes smoothly.

Regards

Sure, just open a ticket explaining what you want to do and they can take care of it for you.

voxabox
02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
The Founder's plan renews at its original rate....it's locked in with no need to renew.
Tim,
I thought it was so but forgot where/whom I got it from
Thanks for the quick reply/confirmation
Cheers,
-v