PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else's line all static today?

eagle 1
02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Anybody else's line all static today?

My line is all static to day (I did just open a ticket). Is it just me? I have re-booted the hs502, (several times). Weird, when problem happened I check the vpanel and no devices were registered, but the hs502 show registered and I could make and recieve calls. But the calls are so filled with static I couldn't carry on a conversation...I tried moving behind firewall and infront of firewall, nothing matters...just static and garbled communications

My internet is working fine...25 mb down/2mb up...

Is there a way to get into advanced options of the hs502 and point the syslog to my syslog server?

usa2k
02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Bad port? Did you try the second port?

eagle 1
02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Bad port? Did you try the second port?

No, thank you

I will try it now

It is even bad on calling voice mail from a land line or cell phone!

Tried switching ports, phone and re-boot again

Just calling voice mail without any phone plugged in and the voice mail prompts cut in and out

eagle 1
02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Calling the voicemail line 832-838-7000, i get static and my greeting is all screwed up. I tried to re-record one and it starts out ok (although static is heard) and then at the end of the recorded greeting, it adds part of the greeting already recorded..

Not sure if you know what I mean, but basically it overdubbs part of the greeting at the end...and now I can't delete it....

Montano
02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
My line just died on me, about 2 minutes into the call. I was unable to call out or receive calls for a few minutes. Finally was able to call out and it hung up again !! Call came in, but no audio.... very strange.

eagle 1
02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Ok, Just got a response to my ticket

We just migrated your account over to one of our upgraded server farms, in the event that a connection issue has arisen between your internet source and the VOIPo network.

Please let us know if you are still encountering issues after the new changes, so that we may more expediently find a resolution to your particular quality related issues.

Enjoy the rest of your night,

Update ........
Line sounds better, but still cannot record a voice greeting...Even calling the external voice mail line...

Update...............
Ok, Everything resolved..was able to record a Voice greeting and line static is gone.