PDA

View Full Version : Registration Drop Testing - Round II

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone here want to help test something new with this overnight?

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
For anyone wanting to help us test along side with the testing we're doing internally...

----
1) Login to ATA with admin password. Current: Ajw5q1FexW8u8XuL

2) Disable provisioning temporarily by removing the Config Server Path under Advanced Settings.

3) Under FSX Port 1, change Register Expiration to 1. Click Update at bottom.

4) Under FSX Port 2, change Register Expiration to 1. Click Update at bottom.

5) Reboot.

After Testing/Reverting to Normal:

If you need to revert to normal, just re-enable provisioning by changing Config Server Path back to provision.dev.voipo.com and rebooting. It should reconfigure as it was before.
----

Please report anything you notice in the thread.

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
BTW, this essentially makes your device re-register every minute.

I don't think this is a good long-term solution, but right now would be fine hardware/load wise and would at least stabilize things for those of you having issues, so if it works in testing, we're going to do it for the time being until we fully resolve this.

christcorp
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
WOW!!! Mind is now totally screwed up. To the point where I might have to fire up my linksys to get service back. Here's the deal. Went in, turned of provisioning. Saved; changed registration to 1 minute, saved, rebooted. Finishes rebooting. Log back in. BOTH PORTS SHOW UNREGISTERED!!!

I can't call out. BUT, I CAN call in. Hmmmm. I then decide to turn OFF Port 2 and just work with port 1. Save, reboot, again it won't register. Outgoing dead, incoming OK. So, I notice that there's a couple of differences to port 1 compared to port 2. E.g. Port 2 has an outbound proxy; sip.voipwelcome.com; port 1 doesn't. So I put the outbound proxy to port 1. Save, reboot, again no registration. I decide; hell with it. I RE-PROVISION the adapter; KNOWING THAT AFTER REBOOT the voipo server will reconfigure it. BEEP!!!! Wrong answer. Save/reboot and port 2 is still off; outbound proxy is the way I set it, all the changes I made are still made. Hmmmm. OK; I'll MANUALLY put everything back the way it was originally. Then save/reboot. (I always write down all settings). Rebooted; guess what? Still no registration on either port. Port 1 can RECEIVE calls but can't call out. Port 2 gets dial tone but doesn't receive calls and can't call out. I am going to pull the plug on it for a minute and re-power it 1 last time. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try one of my linksys. later.... mike....

P.S. FWIW; my Beta line on my other linksys is working fine. Rebooted numerous times. Call in and out are fine.

fisamo
02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Have you tried a Factory Reset followed by entering the voipo provisioning config server path?

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
WOW!!! Mind is now totally screwed up. To the point where I might have to fire up my linksys to get service back. Here's the deal. Went in, turned of provisioning. Saved; changed registration to 1 minute, saved, rebooted. Finishes rebooting. Log back in. BOTH PORTS SHOW UNREGISTERED!!!

I can't call out. BUT, I CAN call in. Hmmmm. I then decide to turn OFF Port 2 and just work with port 1. Save, reboot, again it won't register. Outgoing dead, incoming OK. So, I notice that there's a couple of differences to port 1 compared to port 2. E.g. Port 2 has an outbound proxy; sip.voipwelcome.com; port 1 doesn't. So I put the outbound proxy to port 1. Save, reboot, again no registration. I decide; hell with it. I RE-PROVISION the adapter; KNOWING THAT AFTER REBOOT the voipo server will reconfigure it. BEEP!!!! Wrong answer. Save/reboot and port 2 is still off; outbound proxy is the way I set it, all the changes I made are still made. Hmmmm. OK; I'll MANUALLY put everything back the way it was originally. Then save/reboot. (I always write down all settings). Rebooted; guess what? Still no registration on either port. Port 1 can RECEIVE calls but can't call out. Port 2 gets dial tone but doesn't receive calls and can't call out. I am going to pull the plug on it for a minute and re-power it 1 last time. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try one of my linksys. later.... mike....

P.S. FWIW; my Beta line on my other linksys is working fine. Rebooted numerous times. Call in and out are fine.

Now you see what we've been dealing with in testing. The HT502's we have in the office have gotten a little more interesting since the last firmware update (even if you downgrade them).

zevin
02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes I am seeing some differences between FXS1 and FXS2 setting. I know this ATA was freshly provisioned as the password changed on me.:rolleyes:

Outbound proxy, SIP Registration, Unregister On Reboot are different.

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Christcorp - I see a bunch of Linksys registrations for you now. Try enabling the Unregister on Reboot option and it'll clear them all out.

christcorp
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm trying to get my Beta line back up. I have everything normal, but it's all hosed. I can call out on the beta line (Linksys), but when I call into it, it rings but not connect; then fast busy after a couple seconds. On the grandstream, I can call out but it won't register at all. Even set at 1 minute. The beta is on jupiter and grandstream is on sip.voipwelcome.com mike...

christcorp
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
This is nuts. My linksys, on the beta line, can call out but if I call in, it rings but when I answer it I get no audio for about 5 seconds then a fast busy. It's on jupiter.

My main line on the grandstream, is now totally fubar. I couldn't get it to register or reprovision or anything. So I did a reset on the grandstream and now I can't log into it. Matter I fact I can't even hit it. Web browser just sits there. (Yes, I looked at my router to see what the new IP address is). Totally weird. Hope the grandstream isn't toast. I guess I'll try more with the linksys. At least I can call out on that. Now if I could get the incoming to work. mike....

christcorp
02-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Well that was one hell of a few hours. Finally got the linksys back up and running. I must have changed too many things around. Anyway; between stun and proxy servers, I've got it where it will call out and receive calls on my primary line. I took out the beta line for now. The grandstream I believe is toast. It reboots fine, cycles, finishes with the 2 green lights. After doing a "RESET" I checked the router for the new IP address. But for the life of me, I can't access the damn thing. Oh well. I've got the linksys working and have a home phone working again. I may pull out the old grandstream 286 or another linksys tomorrow and do some more experimenting. But tonight, I'm leaving the grandstream disconnected so in case it decides to get a mind of it's own, it won't interfere with the linksys.

Oh the joy of technology. I feel like "Kip" "Iiiii Love Technology". LOL!!!!!
mikey

KenH
02-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Tim & All,

Pleasantly surprised this morning when I discovered my HT502 was still registered. Here's what I did yesterday:

1. Disabled remote provisioning
2. Set Automatic Upgrade to 'No'
3. Enabled 'Always Skip the Firmware Check'

BTW, Both ports have Stun disabled and Register Expiration set to 60.
ATA is behind my router and in DMZ. No ports forwarded.
From my router's log, I can see that the HT502 did not reboot during the night.

Ken

usa2k
02-04-2009, 06:42 AM
But for the life of me, I can't access the damn thing.
Keep in mind: *** then 02 should tell you the IP address of the HT ...
Keep in mind: *** then 99 then 9 should Soft Reboot the HT ...

BTW, I like that vPanel shows the software revision under devices.

christcorp
02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
My router is telling me what the IP address is. It tells me the IP address of every device I have connected. But the browser just sits there forever trying to connect to it. If it was a bad address, it would have come back quickly and said so. I'll experiment with it tonight on a standalone PC and see if I can get to it through the LAN side by connecting a PC to it and letting the grandstream give the PC an IP address through it's router. I think the adapter is bricked, but I'll give it another try tonight. mike....

bretski
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I missed this last night, and was going to give it a whirl this morning...but...I stayed registered overnight. So I'm leaving well enough alone for now. :)

PS - Sorry to hear that your adapter may have bricked, Mike.

KenH
02-04-2009, 08:30 AM
My router is telling me what the IP address is. It tells me the IP address of every device I have connected. But the browser just sits there forever trying to connect to it. If it was a bad address, it would have come back quickly and said so. I'll experiment with it tonight on a standalone PC and see if I can get to it through the LAN side by connecting a PC to it and letting the grandstream give the PC an IP address through it's router. I think the adapter is bricked, but I'll give it another try tonight. mike....

I had this same experience last week. I finally had to do a hard reset to factory defaults to fix it. I remember having to do it a couple of times and depressing the reset pin for quite a long time.

Ken

sr98user
02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I did not put in Tim's changes last night. I was still provisioned. This morning I noticed that the vPanel was showing I was not registered (first time since last week). But my adapter is saying I am registered on both lines. I was able to make outgoing calls. When I check my router's NAT table, the entries for 5062 and 5079 were absent. This leads to believe that the adapter is not sending the "Keep Alive" messages to the SIP server every 20 seconds like its supposed to. I rebooted the adapter and I am registered now.

I thought I would report the findings and see if its helpful to the VOIPo folks

voxabox
02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Mike, IIRC, with the default configuration, telnet is enabled. You might wanna try that
Cheers,
-v

christcorp
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Yea; I'm probably going to do a HARD Factory reset on it when I get home tonight. It that doesn't work, I'll try telnet. I've rebooted my adapter remotely a number of times that way. Last night after the grandstream just wouldn't register or reprovision; I decided to spend time getting service back using one of my linksys. I'll have more time to play tonight. later... mike...

christcorp
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey Vox; thanks for the suggestions. Definitely had to go in through the lan side and turn the WAN telnet side back on. Been working with Justin (voipo) trying to figure it out. Also had to MANUALLY change the provisioning server because factory default wants to go back to grandstream's server. Anyway; we did that, let it reboot and provision a couple of times, stir twice, and served over iCE. YUMMY!!! We also did a lot of experimenting for the next person. But things are definitely stable now. I put my linksys back on the jupiter server with my beta lines. Rule 485; If I'm going to experiment, that's why I have a BETA line. Unfortunately; this was an issue with the grandstreams so I needed to use my main line to experiment with. Anyway; thanks all. ESPECIALLY VoipOJustin And TIM. later... mike....

P.S. I'm glad to get the grandstream working again. This way my 2 antique phones; 1957 payphone and 1910 country junction phone can dial out on rotary. No other adapter seems to allow this. cool!!!!