PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail Call Quality

VOIPoTim
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
For those of you seeing poor voicemail call quality, this should be resolved now. One of our upstream carriers was trying to force it down to a compressed codec.

This should be resolved now.

Montano
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Good to hear. I will test it out tomorrow :)

scott2020
02-04-2009, 08:03 AM
It was hit or miss for me before, but this morning it seemed to be good. My main problem was choppiness more than anything.

eagle 1
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Thank you, It sounds a little better. But this has to be the weakest part of the voipo service. It is hard to record a professional greeting. The tones are not always accepted and it is often very choppy. My friends or clients who call often complain that i need to purchase a better answering machine as it sound very cheap..this is not the experience I want...I am trying to decide if this issue is reason to stop service or just forward calls to my cell phone instead of the voice mail....It is really terrible..Often can't hear the prompt or it skips..This even occurs when calling the external number to retreive messages. I would hope there are plans to fix this issue even furthur....This is one part of the service that I always get complaints from callers..

VOIPoTim
02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you, It sounds a little better. But this has to be the weakest part of the voipo service. It is hard to record a professional greeting. The tones are not always accepted and it is often very choppy. My friends or clients who call often complain that i need to purchase a better answering machine as it sound very cheap..this is not the experience I want...I am trying to decide if this issue is reason to stop service or just forward calls to my cell phone instead of the voice mail....It is really terrible..Often can't hear the prompt or it skips..This even occurs when calling the external number to retreive messages. I would hope there are plans to fix this issue even furthur....This is one part of the service that I always get complaints from callers..

I can't give an ETA on this, but VM is being completely restructured soon (entirely new system) that's integrated with VOIPo Connect if you saw the post about that.

So it'll be replaced soon anyway.

eagle 1
02-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank YOU Tim........

You just made my day...This has really been bothering me

I can't wait...Thanks again