PDA

View Full Version : Do some of you ever leave your pc?

Xponder1
02-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Just making use of these forums. I have noticed a few of you are ALWAYS listed as online. Do you sit there and hit refresh over and over or what :p

Burris, orum, and Montano come to mind at the top of the list.

Members: 6,116, Active Members: 4,014

That is a lot of people.

Montano
02-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm here 24/7 365 ;)

Xponder1
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm here 24/7 365 ;)

Thought so. :p

burris
02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
My machines are always on.

I use Firefox and have my active sites in the tabs, so I suppose that's why it's always listed. Certainly doesn't mean I live at the keyboard-or does it?;)

chpalmer
02-07-2009, 08:32 PM
My machines are always on.

I use Firefox and have my active sites in the tabs, so I suppose that's why it's always listed. Certainly doesn't mean I live at the keyboard-or does it?;)

The spyware on your computer suggests you do so who am I gonna believe? :eek:;):p

usa2k
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I wish this could be a living ... wanna pay me to be here 24/7? :)
My PCs crunch 24/7 for Stanford even if I'm away!
Always logged in.

My day job has seen many layoffs around me and pay cuts for wife and I and the rest at work.
This week I was home without choice, and things are looking grim still.
The auto industry needs to get traction again.
Monday I am back at it.

Xponder1
02-07-2009, 09:45 PM
I wish this could be a living ... wanna pay me to be here 24/7? :)
My PCs crunch 24/7 for Stanford even if I'm away!
Always logged in.

My day job has seen many layoffs around me and pay cuts for wife and I and the rest at work.
This week I was home without choice, and things are looking grim still.
The auto industry needs to get traction again.
Monday I am back at it.

Hope to see things turn around soon.

orum
02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Just making use of these forums. I have noticed a few of you are ALWAYS listed as online. Do you sit there and hit refresh over and over or what :p

Burris, orum, and Montano come to mind at the top of the list.

Members: 6,116, Active Members: 4,014

That is a lot of people.

Since you called me out.... :)

I had been looking at VOIP to replace my AT&T line for a long time, but didn't make the jump. Now that I have, I am fascinated by all the features available. Also, with the recent issues, I want to stay on top of the phone service so that I can tell my wife to "reboot the phone box" if necessary.

Also, I try to answer posts when I know the answer to a question someone has. I am not sure what constitutes online, as I often leave this open in a TAB in IE.

Dan

Xponder1
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Since you called me out.... :)

I had been looking at VOIP to replace my AT&T line for a long time, but didn't make the jump. Now that I have, I am fascinated by all the features available. Also, with the recent issues, I want to stay on top of the phone service so that I can tell my wife to "reboot the phone box" if necessary.

Also, I try to answer posts when I know the answer to a question someone has. I am not sure what constitutes online, as I often leave this open in a TAB in IE.

Dan

I just named the people I recognized names of that were online at that moment. I still have my AT&T line but I dropped all the features and I have lifeline service so my phone is 1.00. In the first month of dropping features I have saved about 1/3 of price I paid for signing up for VOIPo.

I just use the landline as my failover number. I would of dropped it all together but price wise it makes more since to keep it because I have DSL and naked DSL is really expensive from AT&T. Besides a pots line for $1.00. LOL.