PDA

View Full Version : Website Feedback/Suggestions

VOIPoTim
02-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I think everyone can agree that our website needs some improvement design-wise and content-wise.

Now that things have settled some and we're kind of out of the "launch chaos" and into normal operation, we're going to start making some changes to it.

What do you like/not like about the site?

What would you add to it?

abward
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Which website, the vPanel, billing, or voipo.com?

VOIPoTim
02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Which website, the vPanel, billing, or voipo.com?

This thread is for VOIPo.com.

I'm going to start new ones for the other areas so we can keep track easier.

Xponder1
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I like the clean look to the page. It is not all cluttered up. I would add "FREE 2nd Line (Cloned)" under the features and make some of the features urls that pop up a detailed plain English description of the feature. I would also suggest adding links to the AUP/TOS at the bottom of the page. Oh and update the Copyright © 2008 VOIPo LLC to 2009 ;)

dogfish
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi, new user here.

One thing that I noticed - and I didn't go searching around here to see if this was posted before - there is really no way to get from one control panel/site/forum to the other. I.e there is now way to navigate from secure.voipo.com to forums.voipo.com to billing.voipo.com, without remembering the hostname and manually typing them. Seems there should be some type of user/menu page that would allow you to navigate between them better.

So far I haven't used the interface enough to have much useful feedback.

VOIPoTim
03-23-2009, 07:41 AM
It is not all cluttered up. I would add "FREE 2nd Line (Cloned)" under the features and make some of the features urls that pop up a detailed plain English description of the feature.

New Feature Page:

http://voipo.com/features.shtml

We're still working on some of the text on it. You can click on each one for a description.

JimDog
03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
You can click on each one for a description.
Tim: You might want to indicate that on the page and maybe put a box or something around the description area to distinguish it from the other text on the page. I was expecting some kind of pop-up to appear when I clicked on the items and it took me a minute to find the description section at the bottom and realize it was changing.

usa2k
03-23-2009, 10:31 PM
New Feature Page:

We're still working on some of the text on it. You can click on each one for a description. Some of the Advanced features are included, and some are not. that is not obvious. Or its not obvious which Advanced features cost extra (like Virtual Numbers) and which ones don't (Like Call Routing)

You missed extra cost inbound FAX to Email feature.

I guess if you removed the Virtual Numbers, you could call it Free Advanced Features.

Vumes
03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
So about the website, I noticed that it said that it is still in Pre-Launch... Is this so, and if so, how much longer will it be in that state/status?

VOIPoTim
03-25-2009, 08:46 PM
So about the website, I noticed that it said that it is still in Pre-Launch... Is this so, and if so, how much longer will it be in that state/status?

Pretty much until things are a lot more polished with better documentation, etc.

sommerfeld
04-22-2009, 04:30 PM
New Feature Page:

We're still working on some of the text on it. You can click on each one for a description.
"cloned line" wasn't listed on that page -- I had to pester your presales support people to explain it.

ferdowsi
05-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Residential VoIP lists, 'Plan Pricing Per Month'.
Toll Free Service, Forwarded Local Service & Fax Service list, 'Plan Pricing'.
I had no problem with it but Having one approach might look better.

slimone
05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
On Call History:
Start Date October 2, 2009
End Date May 26, 2009

Initially the 'Start date year' should not be greater than 'End date year'.

Initialize Start date year..to todays year - 1

VOIPoTim
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
We're working on a bunch of changes for next week, but went ahead and pushed out the updated homepage.

What do you guys think?

We're going to be going through all the other pages one at a time to add some more content and "spice them up" as well.

usa2k
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
The main page has an * by the price, but no explanation (on the main page) that they are a 12 month pre-pay.

I don't see any Fees mentioned on the "more info" pages.

usa2k
05-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Your lean more link on http://www.voipo.com/voipo-911.shtml#
points to the 911 page for the Residential "Learn more" link.

usa2k
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I see Taxes and Fees eventually charge that fixed fee.
Has VOIPo reconsidered charging fees differently now?

VOIPoTim
05-28-2009, 07:37 PM
I see Taxes and Fees eventually charge that fixed fee.
Has VOIPo reconsidered charging fees differently now?

We haven't rolled out the itemized taxes yet, so we're still on the $3 fee for a while.