PDA

View Full Version : Echo problem

roehrle
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
My son lives in VT 400 miles away. He just got Vonage. He was getting a slight echo at his end but I was getting a very clear reception on my end. What would cause this and who's equipment is at fault??

eagle 1
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I also have this echo problem from time to time when calling my voipo line. Seems more prevalent from cell phone, but definitely there from land lines also. Other people calling me from there land line have mentioned the echo when calling my voipo line, but I can not hear the echo from the voip line side.

Echo can be common on cell lines also...

Smiles
02-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I have had people mention they get echo, although I have only heard my own echo once (maybe twice). Support has been responsive on the issue, even though it's still there.

quattrohead
02-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I have had some echo with the HT502 but it was cured by turning down the audio gain for both TX and RX. By default, they are way loud.

Xponder1
02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Submit a ticket they may apply a fix for a network issue that may resolve this for you. I have had echo issues recently as well. Sounds fine to me but the other party hears a echo.

kbuck320
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I too have echo problems, both for the caller and the listener. It's very soft, but can be noticeable.

Does submitting a ticket help this issue?

burris
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I too have echo problems, both for the caller and the listener. It's very soft, but can be noticeable.

Does submitting a ticket help this issue?

What I am saying is not conclusive, but one thing that may help would be to lower the volume on the handsets you are using. Same with the cell phone handsets. Many times this will improve the echo problems. This would even be true when talking cell to cell.

Another possibility is to ask support to lower the transmit and receive Db levels in your Adapter.

Xponder1
10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
What I am saying is not conclusive, but one thing that may help would be to lower the volume on the handsets you are using. Same with the cell phone handsets. Many times this will improve the echo problems. This would even be true when talking cell to cell.

Another possibility is to ask support to lower the transmit and receive Db levels in your Adapter.

You can adjust those in vpanel.

burris
10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I forgot about that....thanks