PDA

View Full Version : Need help regarding telemarketer

sr98user
02-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi,

Yesterday we got a call from 646-572-7883 and my wife picked up the call. They said that I put some kind of telemarketer block and need to verify the identity. She (Indian accent) said that there will be another call that will come soon from a computer and give us a code.

The next call came from 310-928-7055 and gave us a 4 digit code. The computer generated message told us don't share with this code with anyone.

Immediately after that we got a call from 646-572-7883. Same lady called and asked for the code. My wife initially didn't give the code. But somehow she convinced her that the caller was the one who generated the second call. She gave the code and the caller said we will take care of the telemarketer block. This all happened in few minutes.

After searching on the web, I found out that the 310 number is used by Craigslist, Google Adsense, etc to verify the phone number. So, it looks like somebody used our phone number to create an account somewhere. I called the 310 number and left a message to remove any account that was created with my phone number.

Is there anything else I can do now?

Thanks
sr98user

NY Tel Guy
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi,

Yesterday we got a call from 646-572-7883 and my wife picked up the call. They said that I put some kind of telemarketer block and need to verify the identity. She (Indian accent) said that there will be another call that will come soon from a computer and give us a code.

The next call came from 310-928-7055 and gave us a 4 digit code. The computer generated message told us don't share with this code with anyone.

Immediately after that we got a call from 646-572-7883. Same lady called and asked for the code. My wife initially didn't give the code. But somehow she convinced her that the caller was the one who generated the second call. She gave the code and the caller said we will take care of the telemarketer block. This all happened in few minutes.

After searching on the web, I found out that the 310 number is used by Craigslist, Google Adsense, etc to verify the phone number. So, it looks like somebody used our phone number to create an account somewhere. I called the 310 number and left a message to remove any account that was created with my phone number.

Is there anything else I can do now?

Thanks
sr98user646 572-7883 is owned by Tele-Express

The 310 number is a number in Compton, CA

sr98user
02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
That's what I see in the caller id. If I call the 646 number, it does not go through. It must be a fake caller id. I believe the 310 number belongs to Maxminds which does the number verification service.

Xponder1
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
whocalled.us for the win;)