PDA

View Full Version : Question for Everyone

VOIPoTim
02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Just out of curiosity for any, does anything seem to be happening faster or slower for anyone right now?

Calls connecting faster/slower?

Registering faster/slower?

vPanel faster/slower?

kevm
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
checking......

kevm
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I know this is subjective, but I just ran a couple of tests for you. Call connection was fast..Faster then normal? not sure. Vpanel seems very responsive. Call quality is excellent but that was never an issue.

Hope this helps

quattrohead
02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Vpanel does seem to be much quicker than before, call logs are just about instant.
Did you have an internal database connection issue ?

eagle 1
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Vpanel definitely much faster. Registering is definitely faster on both Grandstream and Pap2t. Voice Connection time and quality, did not notice difference, but it is real good quality as it has been.

The registering is the most noticeable. I could not get vpanel or devices to show not registered, which I had been able to do very easily, It used to take 5 to 10 seconds on re-registering the ht 502, so it was easy to catch vpanel or the device web page with no devices or 1 device registered.

Please tell us what changed...whatever it seems faster

VOIPoTim
02-22-2009, 07:25 PM
The registering is the most noticeable. I could not get vpanel or devices to show not registered, which I had been able to do very easily, It used to take 5 to 10 seconds on re-registering the ht 502, so it was easy to catch vpanel or the device web page with no devices or 1 device registered.r

Sounds like it could be related to the unregistering issue right? :)

eagle 1
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Sounds like it could be related to the unregistering issue right? :)

Yes, Possibly..Dns or whatever...It definitely is much faster registering. I signed up last week of January and had a real tough time the first two weeks, but this last week has been a little more stable..But had the occasional registering issues, but not like the first two weeks.

All, I can say is that I cannot hit the exact time the device shows unregistered as I could previously..

Also, Vpanel is definitely faster for some reason too.

I would just like to say that I appreciate Tim's continued involvement here and on Dslr. I would have cancel'd my trial had he not been so upfront and continually answering customers questions. I would also like to thank his support team, who have been very courteous and professional at all times.

I am in the IT consulting business and it is rare to find everyone I have talked to in Voipo support to be so friendly, courteous and really wanted to help solve my issues. Many people don't understand that bad support can kill a healthy business. I hope you continue with this business model, and praise your support staff as it has been a frenzied three weeks.

1bird2
02-22-2009, 08:30 PM
My calls, after dialing the number, have always seem to be "slower" to connect, extra 2 secs, as compared to a cell phone. Website connectivity to Voipo (forum, vpanel) is fine to me.

kevm
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes, Possibly..Dns or whatever...It definitely is much faster registering. I signed up last week of January and had a real tough time the first two weeks, but this last week has been a little more stable..But had the occasional registering issues, but not like the first two weeks.

All, I can say is that I cannot hit the exact time the device shows unregistered as I could previously..

Also, Vpanel is definitely faster for some reason too.

I would just like to say that I appreciate Tim's continued involvement here and on Dslr. I would have cancel'd my trial had he not been so upfront and continually answering customers questions. I would also like to thank his support team, who have been very courteous and professional at all times.

I am in the IT consulting business and it is rare to find everyone I have talked to in Voipo support to be so friendly, courteous and really wanted to help solve my issues. Many people don't understand that bad support can kill a healthy business. I hope you continue with this business model, and praise your support staff as it has been a frenzied three weeks.

I am also an IT professional and echo your comments. I would have cancelled after the first week however after being in the business for 30 years I have delt with the best of the best and the worst of the worst. Tim and his team are right up there with communication and dedication, something that is indeed rare these days. Lets just hope this one is behind you Tim.

Take care

quattrohead
02-23-2009, 06:16 AM
I am an IT consultant too :p and know what it's like from both sides.

burris
02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Just out of curiosity for any, does anything seem to be happening faster or slower for anyone right now?

Calls connecting faster/slower?

Registering faster/slower?

vPanel faster/slower?

I find the VPanel and call records access sizzling.
Can't tell you about registering since the boxes have not needed it.
I find the post dial delay related to the information in the dial plan. At one point you had S0 suffix, but even though it seems to be changed now, the delay is POTS speed for me.

Besides that everything is working very well, I came across another thing that I couldn't help but notice.

I have both the PAP2T as well as the 502 hooked up behind my router, and at the same time, I have the access to both boxes constantly open in my browser tabs. That way I can scan them and see the current status.
Prior to this morning, the PAP2T always stayed loaded in the tabs, but the 502 would time out after a few minutes of no activity, and when pushing reload to refresh, it would require another complete login.
Well, for better than the last 12 hours, not only hasn't it required a re-register, but the tab stays open and a simple refresh puts the screen back where it was with the up-time running and no login required.

This tells me something has changed..