PDA

View Full Version : Receive E-Mail?

VOIPoTim
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
We just sent out a mass e-mail. Can everyone confirm receipt so I know it made it out?

---

Earlier today, we discovered and corrected a significant DNS error which could have been causing delays in the connection time for your devices. We believe that this is potentially the root cause of some Grandstream devices losing their connection to our network periodically.

After this is fully confirmed to be the root cause, we will post more specific information at forums.voipo.com for those of you that are interested.

If you have a Grandstream adapter, please reboot it at this time so it can re-establish a connection to our network. To do this, simply unplug the power cord from it for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this rather persistent issue.

If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-The VOIPo Team

---

Xponder1
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
We just sent out a mass e-mail. Can everyone confirm receipt so I know it made it out?

---

Earlier today, we discovered and corrected a significant DNS error which could have been causing delays in the connection time for your devices. We believe that this is potentially the root cause of some Grandstream devices losing their connection to our network periodically.

After this is fully confirmed to be the root cause, we will post more specific information at forums.voipo.com for those of you that are interested.

If you have a Grandstream adapter, please reboot it at this time so it can re-establish a connection to our network. To do this, simply unplug the power cord from it for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this rather persistent issue.

If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-The VOIPo Team

---

Got it! Thanks;)

stenger
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Got it thanks for your work!

carlquist
02-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Received it here. Thanks for the update.

Xponder1
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Tim,

Just a thought. The IVR command ***999 reboots the ATA. For some folks it may be easier than unplugging it.

Thanks again,

Xponder1
02-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Tim if this fixes the issue are you going try setting them back so they do not hammer your servers every minute? All those adapters connecting every minute sounds like a big DDOS attack bandwidth wise.

scott2020
02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I also received the email. I haven't been using the 502 though so I am probably no help!

NY Tel Guy
02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Got it.......

VOIPoTim
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Tim if this fixes the issue are you going try setting them back so they do not hammer your servers every minute? All those adapters connecting every minute sounds like a big DDOS attack bandwidth wise.

No immediately changes with it. Right now the bandwidth/load from it isn't really anything we're worried about.

Brian
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
No immediately changes with it. Right now the bandwidth/load from it isn't really anything we're worried about.

I guess my question, from a customer standpoint, is would I be more at-risk this way? As you said, the GS has issues when there is any network latency for registration - if the interval was set to 30 minutes (or something longer than 1 minute), would the connection be less prone to network lag, since it wouldn't be attempting to register as often? Or will this all be a non-issue if DNS was the culprit?

Xponder1
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I guess my question, from a customer standpoint, is would I be more at-risk this way? As you said, the GS has issues when there is any network latency for registration - if the interval was set to 30 minutes (or something longer than 1 minute), would the connection be less prone to network lag, since it wouldn't be attempting to register as often? Or will this all be a non-issue if DNS was the culprit?

Kind of why I asked. Maybe I am misunderstanding but it sounded to me like Tim thinks they finally figured out what was causing the GS units to act up. If thats the case 1 minute should not be needed.

You can always test it on my line I do not mind being a test subject if I know its coming :)

fisamo
02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Also got the note. Glad to hear/read that you found a 'significant issue' and hope that it's the root cause.

quattrohead
02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Got it, thanks Tim.

buckethead
02-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I did get the email yesterday as well. Thanks.

voxabox
02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Got it. Thanks

ralfaro
02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Tim, yes, I did receive this email at which time I rebooted my GrandStream. So far so good and the device is still registered as of this writing.

GPM
02-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I got that email and one a couple of days ago telling my ATA was not registered. Both times I checked and it appeared to be registered. Re-booted anyway.

There was one time yesterday that I was not registered. Waited a couple of minutes and when it did not self correct, re-booted and everything appeared fine.

bdyelton
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Tim,

Just a thought. The IVR command ***999 reboots the ATA. For some folks it may be easier than unplugging it.

Thanks again,

Thanks for that :D

fisamo
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Tim,

Thanks again,

One other point--this code only works for the Grandstream ATA. I don't know if the reboot command on the PAP2 is disabled by provisioning (or password protected--not sure why it would be), but if it's not restricted, the reboot sequence on the PAP2 is to dial **** (to access the IVR menu) and then type in "Reboot" (732668#). That works well if you don't want to mess with wires. :)

abward
02-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Just tried that on my PAP2T and it rebooted!

Would this also work if I was dialing in remotely to home? If not, how would I reboot a PAP2T remotely?

fisamo
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Just tried that on my PAP2T and it rebooted!

Would this also work if I was dialing in remotely to home? If not, how would I reboot a PAP2T remotely?

That will not work for dialing in from remote. There is a URL you can access to reboot the system that is admin-pw protected; I don't know if there's one that is NOT admin-locked.