PDA

View Full Version : Porting from Voicewing

dogfish
02-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Anyone else porting from the soon to be defunct Voicewing?

I put in a request to have my number ported to Voipo, filled out the paperwork a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. Not sure how long this should take, but has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I'm very much excited to switch over to Voipo, but I figured it wasn't worth forwarding the number over and starting until I had some confirmation of the port, and I don't really want to pay for 2 phone bills indefinitely either.

stevec999
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I am porting from voicewing but only submitted the paper work last Friday. I have my voicewing number forwarded over to Voipo. Hopefully my port will be complete soon.

wagnerb
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
I just finished up porting from Voice Wing. I expect VZ will, in my case it did, disable your logon ability as soon as number is ported. It took 10 days to complete the port after I sent my required documents. Sending these documents is not made clear when signing up for the service initially. I happened to stumble across the requirement while reading the FAQs and then called support to verify.

With the exception of a few network adminstration adjustments, my service is up and running. I got one of the LinkSys PAP2T and it PnP behind a LinkSys router. So far, so good. There is so much more versatility managing your calls with Voipo. I think you'll like it over what VW offered.

You can call/email support and get an estimated date on the port.

bwarden
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Yup, call support to get your port date. On that day, make a test call to yourself from another phone to make sure it actually ported, then call VoiceWing, and they can close your account on the spot.

barryg
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I finished porting from VW last week - I also started voipo with a new number to confirm service was good before requesting the port of my VW number. It was very difficult to glean the status of the port until I noticed that I could no longer receive calls on the VW number. At that point, I had to open a ticket with voipo because they goofed and didn't configure the port to be a "replace" of the original number. It took about an hour of chatting with voipo support to get it done. Afterwards, I called VW to terminate my account. I was told that I would still have access to the VW account mgr for several weeks afterwards.

roehrle
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I was ported in less than a week from VW. It was ready the day I hooked up to VOIPO

VOIPoTim
02-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone else porting from the soon to be defunct Voicewing?

I put in a request to have my number ported to Voipo, filled out the paperwork a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. Not sure how long this should take, but has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I'm very much excited to switch over to Voipo, but I figured it wasn't worth forwarding the number over and starting until I had some confirmation of the port, and I don't really want to pay for 2 phone bills indefinitely either.

If it's been a few weeks since you sent in the paperwork, please contact support so they can check on it.

Voicewing ports are going in 1-2 weeks pretty consistently so if it's been longer, there's an issue.

dogfish
02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I did as VoipoTim directed, and turns out the port happened the same day as the service ticket/request.

So far, there are definitely a few more perks over VW. VW to begin with was buggy, the call logs never displayed the number of CallerID, but it wasn't something that was a high priority issue. I am looking forward to experimenting with the dial plans, and possibly BYOD. I actually set up a relatively large Voip installation at my last job, but we werent using SIP, as it was still in early stages, we were using an all Cisco installation with SCCP (aka "skinny").

I guess I'll go see if they disabled my control panel.

Bill Odom
02-28-2009, 07:12 AM
You can call/email support and get an estimated date on the port.Thanks for the info. I did just that. I was happy with VoiceWing. I was a customer for 2-1/2 years. However, it became obvious over time that Verizon was going to let it "wither on the vine." They offshored their customer support; they never upgraded/updated their website. Their software/Personal Account Manager differentiated between "incoming" calls and "missed" calls. All "missed" calls showed up duplicated. That was never resolved.
I am very happy with VOIPo thus far.

wagnerb
02-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I guess I'll go see if they disabled my control panel.

My VW PCM was diabled after the port and after I called VW to confirm deactivation the CSR said I would be able access the PCM for 60 days for 15 minutes. I assume that means the PCM would time out after 15 minutes. The CSR did say that since VW didn't prorate, I would get a full refund plus any balance remaing on the Extra Services Accout.

I logged into the PCM and it's up. There was a message that I had deactivated at my request. Unlike the letter that stated account would be deactivate when number was ported.

I would certainly call VW and confirm deavtivation.

wagnerb
02-28-2009, 07:54 AM
I was a customer for 2-1/2 years. I am very happy with VOIPo thus far.

Same here. VW was pretty reliable except I had to call their CSR twice a year to reset the the time changes. The CID time stamp was always ahead or behind.

Bill Odom
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Same here. VW was pretty reliable except I had to call their CSR twice a year to reset the the time changes. The CID time stamp was always ahead or behind.How quickly we forget...:eek: Same here with the twice-a-year calls. I guess we will have a chance to see how VOIPo handles it this weekend with DST kicking back in.

burris
03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
How quickly we forget...:eek: Same here with the twice-a-year calls. I guess we will have a chance to see how VOIPo handles it this weekend with DST kicking back in.

I think it will depend on your daylight saving rule settings in the ATA.

The current one should be

start=3/8/7;end=11/1/7;save=1

Those with BYOD would be responsible for having it programmed, but I would think that Tim has taken care of this in the provisioning...

Bill Odom
03-03-2009, 09:30 PM
My VW PCM was diabled after the port and after I called VW to confirm deactivation the CSR said I would be able access the PCM for 60 days for 15 minutes. I assume that means the PCM would time out after 15 minutes. The CSR did say that since VW didn't prorate, I would get a full refund plus any balance remaing on the Extra Services Accout.

I logged into the PCM and it's up. There was a message that I had deactivated at my request. Unlike the letter that stated account would be deactivate when number was ported.

I would certainly call VW and confirm deavtivation.VOIPo informed me via e-mail early this afternoon that my number had been ported over from VW. After reading this post in the last hour, I called VW and learned that my account was still active. Their letter does state, "Once your telephone number has been transferred then your VoiceWing account will be disconnected." The rep I spoke with said that that particular item in the letter was wrong. It may well have been disconnected in time but the best course is to call VW and confirm deactivation. Like wagnerb I was told I would get a full refund for my February 28 payment plus the balance remaining in my Extra Services Account. Incidentally, VW bills a month in advance.

abward
03-04-2009, 07:13 AM
After my Vonage port, I checked the next day and my account was still active too. But, I just called them and told them about the port and they deactivated it immediately.

wagnerb
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I think it will depend on your daylight saving rule settings in the ATA.

The current one should be

start=3/8/7;end=11/1/7;save=1

I do not see these entries in the advanced view of the PAP2T.

abward
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Which brings up the question, what happened last October, for you veterans? Did the VOIPo ATAs handle it?

burris
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I do not see these entries in the advanced view of the PAP2T.

At the bottom of the regional tab...

Daylight Saving Time Rule:

abward
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I think your forgetting that most of us do not have the admin password, therefore no regional tab.

burris
03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I think your forgetting that most of us do not have the admin password, therefore no regional tab.

I think my answer was for wagnerb who indicated he was into the admin access...?

wagnerb
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I think my answer was for wagnerb who indicated he was into the admin access...?

That's why I don't see it, I don't have admin access.