PDA

View Full Version : 3 way calling

Xponder1
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I seem to be unable to get three way calling to work tonight. Someone else want to test it? I start a call, hit the flash button and dial another number, it rings, hit flash again and return to the first call with no third party. Tried several times.

I have the 502

dswartz
02-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Hmmm, the GS used to have two modes for 3-way: bellcore (flash hook like you tried), and one where before dialing the other party (after putting first on hold), you dial *23. Like this:

3 way calling between HT, A and B:-

1. HT calls A

2. HT talks to A

3. HT presses FLASH or hook/flash and gets a new dialtone

4. A is on Hold

5. HT dials *23 and number for B

6. HT talks to B

7. HT presses FLASH or hook/flash to initiate the 3 way calling

The mode is selectable in the config pages and defaulted (at least on my 286) to non-bellcore mode. If this is also true for 502 (I can't confirm this), they provisioning got messed up. You can test this by trying the above and if it works open a ticket to have them fix it. If this isn't the case, sorry :(

Xponder1
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Hmmm, the GS used to have two modes for 3-way: bellcore (flash hook like you tried), and one where before dialing the other party (after putting first on hold), you dial *23. Like this:

1. HT calls A

2. HT talks to A

4. A is on Hold

6. HT talks to B

The mode is selectable in the config pages and defaulted (at least on my 286) to non-bellcore mode. If this is also true for 502 (I can't confirm this), they provisioning got messed up. You can test this by trying the above and if it works open a ticket to have them fix it. If this isn't the case, sorry :(

Thanks I will test that as soon as I get off this hour long call with AT&T.

Xponder1
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks I will test that as soon as I get off this hour long call with AT&T.

Tried it but after a long pause it says "Thank you!" and then gives the weirdest sounding tone I have heard yet.

Xponder1
02-28-2009, 06:11 AM

1. HT calls A

2. HT talks to A

4. A is on Hold

6. HT talks to B

lol *23 - DND - Voicemail lol
put in a ticket and support fixed my issue