PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Call Waiting

msmorgan69
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Is there any way to disable the call waiting? i assumed if you disabled your voicemail and the failover setting was put to voicemail it would get a busy signal. I know it did a week ago but now its not doing that anymore. And if i put the failover setting to number and leave it blank and the voicemail disabled, it just rings and rings. I need to be able to disable and enable the call waiting as i use this line for work as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already submitted a ticket but I work today and wont be able to if not fixed soon.

bretski
03-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Call waiting can be disabled at the ATA. Support can help if you opened a ticket for it.

KenH
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Is there any way to disable the call waiting? i assumed if you disabled your voicemail and the failover setting was put to voicemail it would get a busy signal. I know it did a week ago but now its not doing that anymore. And if i put the failover setting to number and leave it blank and the voicemail disabled, it just rings and rings. I need to be able to disable and enable the call waiting as i use this line for work as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already submitted a ticket but I work today and wont be able to if not fixed soon.

I have been through this with VOIPo as well as another provider. We don't use CW either and unfortunately, that is the behavior (no busy signal, ringing) if CW is disabled.

Don't know if the call would go to VM, as we don't use that either. But with the cloned line feature, the 2nd call is answered by the local answering machine on the cloned line.