PDA

View Full Version : Outage - 1AM Central

VOIPoTim
03-04-2009, 02:08 AM
When it rains, it pours. As much as I hate to say it, we had another outage right now.

The datacenter which we have some of our core equipment in (along with many thousands of HostGator servers) had a network switch that went down for scheduled maintenance tonight. Our DNS servers are both in that zone so some users undoubtedly ran into issues connecting.

Their scheduled maintenance was communicated to HostGator and HostGator communicated it to affected customers, but there was a major major breakdown in communication in that it wasn't communicated to us since we're not really a HostGator customer. We're increasing the communication between the two companies so this never happens again.

Once we realized it was down and found out about this maintenance, we were able to get things back online very quickly.

It looks like nearly all PAP2 users reconnected immediately and nearly all Grandstream HT502 users directly connected to a modem reconnected almost immediately. Unfortunately, in terms of Grandstream users behind a router/NAT, it seems like about 90% of them reconnected at this point and 10% did not. If you are one of those users (a few hundred) you may need to reboot.

We'll be sending out a system-wide e-mail shortly so everyone is aware of the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience has caused and we're confident that these outages will become less frequent.

VOIPoTim
03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Since network blips, etc will always occur with a service that uses the public internet, it's critical that we get the remaining Grandstream adapters used behind a NAT to ALL be re-registering consistently.

Again, we're now shipping PAP2s out by default and only sending the HT502s out by request so in the future this would not come up.

We're evaluating options for dealing with the 10% of so of our HT502s that are still not re-registering. We've considered possible replacing them all with PAP2s but are working with Grandstream to try to exhaust other options before doing this. They've asked us to give them a week and they're going through logs. We're going to let them work on it and will continue to evaluate all options for dealing with them.

Again virtual all PAP2 users and Grandstream HT502 users NOT behind a router will automatically re-register and these outages will be self-correcting.

It's the Grandstream HT502s behind a router that still have about 10% not doing it.

burris
03-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Yep..

Just got up and found both my PAP2s online as you described, with no problems.

Xponder1
03-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Thank you for the heads up. I am one of the few it seems.
"You do not currently have any devices registered to our servers! "

Thanks Tim,

sr98user
03-04-2009, 06:12 AM
I lost registration overnight. It did not reconnect. I had to reboot.

Is it a problem with the GS firmware? Why is it stopping the retrys?

usa2k
03-04-2009, 06:57 AM
You guys who lost registration are behind NAT?
(Mine did great behind the Cable Modem.)

sr98user
03-04-2009, 07:43 AM
usa2k,

I am behind the router. But it still doesn't explain why the GS 502 is stopping the re-registration tries. Unless there is a problem with the new firmware. With the old firmware I was running flawlessly for 5-6 weeks without any issues (that was during Dec-Jan month).

bubbanc
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
So this affected devices even using the updated DNS servers 156.154.70.1 or 156.154.71.1?

FYI, best practices for deploying DNS servers is to have them different subnets (which it appears have been done) and geographically or logically different network paths than the primary. If a single switch took down both of your DNS servers, then something should be done to resolve this issue, otherwise, when an unscheduled outage happens with that same switch, the same thing will happen again.

CrownSeven
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I have a 502, and I have it behind my router, count me in as one of the few who lost their registration.

sr98user
03-04-2009, 08:58 AM
So this affected devices even using the updated DNS servers 156.154.70.1 or 156.154.71.1?

Yes. My adapter is using these DNS servers. From what Tim has said, it looks like the DNS servers were unavailable during the outage.

1bird2
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
No issue here with a GS 502, behind a WRT54g w/Tomato 1.23. Using normal router (via DHCP) supplied DNS from my ISP. Did NOT have to reboot this AM.

-bird

GPM
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
My 502 is in front of my router and after the last two outages I have had to manually re-boot in order to get it re-registered. We're not heavy phone users so were it not for the emails I wouldn't have noticed the problem for quite some time.

1bird2
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
When it rains, it pours. As much as I hate to say it, we had another outage right now.

The datacenter which we have some of our core equipment in (along with many thousands of HostGator servers) had a network switch that went down for scheduled maintenance tonight. Our DNS servers are both in that zone so some users undoubtedly ran into issues connecting.

Their scheduled maintenance was communicated to HostGator and HostGator communicated it to affected customers, but there was a major major breakdown in communication in that it wasn't communicated to us since we're not really a HostGator customer. We're increasing the communication between the two companies so this never happens again.

Once we realized it was down and found out about this maintenance, we were able to get things back online very quickly.

It looks like nearly all PAP2 users reconnected immediately and nearly all Grandstream HT502 users directly connected to a modem reconnected almost immediately. Unfortunately, in terms of Grandstream users behind a router/NAT, it seems like about 90% of them reconnected at this point and 10% did not. If you are one of those users (a few hundred) you may need to reboot.

We'll be sending out a system-wide e-mail shortly so everyone is aware of the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience has caused and we're confident that these outages will become less frequent.

Time for Host Gator to review network and how one switch can bring down DNS. You would think DNS servers would be multi-homed via NICs or attached to separate subnets/switches. Go after your Network Engineers to resolve that too.

NY Tel Guy
03-04-2009, 09:42 AM
.......Again virtual all PAP2 users and Grandstream HT502 users NOT behind a router will automatically re-register and these outages will be self-correcting.

It's the Grandstream HT502s behind a router that still have about 10% not doing it.I am also a member of the great "502 unwashed" whose adpater is not registering in a NAT environment.
I am not home now so I cannot re-boot it but I guess if I am not home, I can't miss the calls that I would not have been home for.....;)

dcshobby
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
We are also behind a NAT with the 502 and we lost registration again. This is really getting sickening and if the only way to fix it is to move to a PAP2, count us in because we are sick of restarting the 502 all the time. If new firmware can fix the 502 though, we would gladly hold onto it.

GTOJim
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I have missed all of the fun.

My GS-502 hasn't missed a beat, have not had any registration issues that I'm aware of.

I have one of the first GS-502's still using the original firmware it shipped with. My 502 is behind a router, static IP setup for it with port forwarding. Everything has been working beautifully with one exception. It didn't update to a newer firmware which might be a good thing.

VOIPoTim
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I have missed all of the fun.

My GS-502 hasn't missed a beat, have not had any registration issues that I'm aware of.

I have one of the first GS-502's still using the original firmware it shipped with. My 502 is behind a router, static IP setup for it with port forwarding. Everything has been working beautifully with one exception. It didn't update to a newer firmware which might be a good thing.

The other big thing too is that you only have 1 line configured, so the HT502 has nothing to get confused with.

wagnerb
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
PAP2T behind a router. With the exception of inbound call disconnects around 3:30 this afternoon all seems back in order now.

stason99
03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.

Xponder1
03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I am on HT502 connected directly to a modem. No Router. But I lost registration anyway. I think these problems will never end….. Unbelievable. VOIPo should give a refund for every day on outage.

Perhaps said modem has a built in router? Just a thought.

bill875
03-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I just signed up on 2/10 and was still sent an HT502 even though I was under the impression that VOIPo was only sending PAP2T's. This is the third time this adapter has not come back online and it's really disappointing as my AT&T CallVantage with a D-Link adapter has never, ever lost registration. It always comes back on it's own no matter what.

I'm running this HT502 POS behind a Linksys WRT150N running DD-WRT v24 SP1 Final.

I don't feel comfortable enough to port from AT&T CallVantage until this is worked out. Tim, can we pay for and get a PAP2T from VOIPo to replace the HT502's? I need reliability now to drop AT&T ASAP!

stason99
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Perhaps said modem has a built in router? Just a thought.

No, it's Westell 6100 on Verizon DSL. No router built in.

NY Tel Guy
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah the 6100 is a real old dog of a DSL "modem"

Xponder1
03-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Was just a thought ;). Not trying to offend you.
From what I have read from Tim's posts its seems most of the 502's having problems are behind a router but not all.

I am sure if everyone stays patient this issue will be resolved very soon. The email I received this morning really sounds like Tim is just tired of dealing with it and is ready to move on.

The negative comments some others have posted really are not necessary. They know there is a problem, they have been VERY proactive about trying to resolve the problem, they have not tried to lie about it or deny there is a issue, and they have adjusted accounts on their own for time without service (most companies would wait for the customer to ask credit).

Tim has done a great job of communicating the issues to the customers and I know the entire team has tried everything to resolve the problem. Fact is its not a VOIPo problem its a Grandstream problem. If you want to point the finger somewhere point it at Grandstream.

I like many of you have the 502. Just about every issue that has been posted on the forums about the 502 I have experienced. Tim offered to replace my 502 with the Linksys but I held out because I really thought Grandstream would pull their heads out of their butts and help.

The email this morning seems to make it very clear that their days are numbered if they do not produce a fix fast. Maybe they will. I hope they do. They are going to cost themselves (Grandstream) a ton of cash if they don't.

So lets all just calm down and give them another couple weeks to get it straitened out. Fact is replacing all or even 10% of the adapters will be a expensive and time consuming process and its not going to happen over night.

I personally have decided that until the issues are fixed I am just going to make it a habit to reboot the adapter twice a day. Once when I get up and again before bed.

I wonder if heat has something to do with the issues these things are having. They get really freaking hot. My DSL modem had to be replaced because they over heat (motorola 2210's are being recalled but only if you have a problem) and it never got close to as hot as this 502 is even standing on the supplied stand. My room temperature is 73 degrees. This thing is more than 120 degrees right now. It is on the top shelf here with nothing to generate heat above or below it. That is too hot for electronics. If it were warmer in my house the device would be hotter.

stason99
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Xponder1,
Do you work for VOIPo? Just curious ;)

Well, not all of these problems are related to Grandstream. The last two outages were caused by their hardware malfunction and a “major breakdown in communication”. So I wish I could point fingers at Grandstream, but other VOIP providers (like PhonePower) use Grandstream with no issues. Therefore, I don’t understand why they are planning to recall Grandstreams and replace them with Linksys’. It won’t fix hardware failures on their servers and miscommunication. I’m not trying to be rude or anything and I hope the Moderator won’t delete this. ;)

Yes, I am giving them a chance to fix all that, and I’m trying to be patient. But unfortunately I can see that there are many causes of unstable service, not just one. And every time something new comes up….

Yes, I can see that they work really hard to fix all that, and I appreciate that. However, I would praise someone for great results but not for great attempts.

>>>>> and they have adjusted accounts on their own for time without service (most companies would wait for the customer to ask credit).

Not true. I am asking for that refund and so far they denied it. You can try to ask for it and see what happens. This is a reason of my frustration here. Service down for a day – no compensation...

What I really agree with you is that VOIPo has done a great job of communicating the issues to the customers. Customer service is responsive; in general their communication is great. But like I said, this is just talks so far. I really hope to see real results. And I hope you share this with me.

I don’t think this has anything to do with overheating of HT502s. After service goes down VOIPo announces the reason why this happened. If it would be overheating then it would be random and not for everyone at the same time.

Xponder1, thanks for response. I hope VOIPo won’t cut this post. ;)

Xponder1
03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Do you work for VOIPo? Just curious ;)

Nope. I have only had VOIPo since December. I found out about VOIPo from the Hostgator forums in a thread Tim posted about the service. However, from my experiences with Tim and the others at VOIPo I have found them to be very upfront and honest. Tim personally has replied to my tickets in the middle of the night on a weekend. The man is dedicated! I know they have spent a lot of time trying to resolve this problem.

I have also done a lot of reading of past threads here on the forums to get myself caught up on their history. The current offer is a really
good deal and I am so confident they will fix the problem one way or another that I was comfortable with paying for another year. This offer is too good to pass up.

Well, not all of these problems are related to Grandstream. The last two outages were caused by their hardware malfunction and a “major breakdown in communication”.
So I wish I could point fingers at Grandstream, but other VOIP providers (like PhonePower) use Grandstream with no issues. Therefore, I don’t understand why they are
planning to recall Grandstreams and replace them with Linksys’. It won’t fix hardware failures on their servers and miscommunication. I’m not trying to be rude or anything
and I hope the Moderator won’t delete this. ;)

Your half correct. You see while the original cause of the problem was a hardware malfunction or a major breakdown in communication 90% of the devices reconnected by themselves. They are set to reconnect every minute right now so they should be hammering away trying to reconnect. From my understanding the Linksys devices all reconnected with no issue.

For some reason it seems they really do not like being behind a router. That is not a VOIPo issue. The Linksys products have no problem being located behind a router. The 502 just gives up for some reason. That sounds like a firmware issue.

As for other providers using Grandstream from reading past posts VOIPo used another Grandsteam device and it worked fine. Just because other providers use Grandstream devices does not mean they use a 502. It also does not mean they are configured the same by Grandstream. My understanding from Tim's replies is that the 502 was selected for 2 main reasons. First it has a built in router (which I have tested and must say I do not recommend anyone use it as a router). Second it makes more business since because Grandstream configures all the ATA's for them. You just hook it up and it connects to Grandstream and updates to the settings for VOIPo. Tim has acknowledged the Linksys devices are overall reliable but Linksys does not want to work with them the way Grandstream offered to. So they have to configure them all themselves.

As for the mod's they are not going to delete your post LOL.

Yes, I am giving them a chance to fix all that, and I’m trying to be patient. But unfortunately I can see that there are many causes of unstable service, not just one. And every time something new comes up….

Actually, the problems really started very recently. There have been many "symptoms" of the problem and they have been trying to address the symptoms as the have been reported which actually resulted in more problems. Addressing the symptoms is not fixing the
underlaying cause of the problem. While its frustrating to have a problem a couple times a week that causes you to have to reboot the ATA 90% of the customers are not having a problem. Overall the service is up 98% of the time even if your one of the minority like you and me with the issues.

Continue being patient and I am positive your patience will pay off.

Yes, I can see that they work really hard to fix all that, and I appreciate that. However, I would praise someone for great results but not for great attempts.

I agree with you. However as I have already pointed out the problem is a Grandstream firmware or hardware issue. If it were a VOIPo issue all of the BYOD folks and the others who have the Linksys would have a issue. I have another 502 that was sent to me and that thing was dead out of the box.

After it warms up if you make a call the moment it connects it sounds like the audio jumps 2000% and its so loud the speaker on the phones can not handle it. Personally I am convinced the 502 is just a faulty product (others opinions may vary).

I like that Tim is always there upfront and telling us what happened and to best of his knowledge why and what they are doing to get it resolved.

>>>>> and they have adjusted accounts on their own for time without service (most companies would wait for the customer to ask credit).
Not true. I am asking for that refund and so far they denied it.
You can try to ask for it and see what happens. This is a reason of my frustration here. Service down for a day – no compensation...

I did not say they gave a cash credit. What they did do and Tim can confirm this for you is extend your paid period for the time without service.
I will not be surprised if they do again either. You can search threw the forums here and find Tim's replies on the issue that very clearly
state what is being done for customers. After all this I am too lazy to search for his exact quote. LOL

Oh, and never has the service ever been down for more than a few hours. How long it takes to resolve it usually depends on how long it takes you to check your email and unplug the ATA.

What I really agree with you is that VOIPo has done a great job of communicating the issues to the customers. Customer service is responsive; in general their communication is great.
But like I said, this is just talks so far. I really hope to see real results. And I hope you share this with me.

I don’t think this has anything to do with overheating of HT502s. After service goes down VOIPo announces the reason why this happened. If it would be overheating then it would be
random and not for everyone at the same time.
Xponder1, thanks for response. I hope VOIPo won’t cut this post. ;)

I would like to see results too. Tim's email this morning and most recent post on the forums lay out a timeline and explain pretty clearly what to expect.
As for the overheating issue well that is something I just brought up today. I thought of it because of the issue with the DSL modem I had. Model's with a
certain serial number (which is hundreds of thousands of them) have a chipset that causes them to get so hot they either die, malfunction, or in some cases
flat out melt. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21714184-Motorola-2210021002-2210021006-modem-is-junk

I only brought it up because it seems everything else has been looked in to but never has the temp of the device been mentioned. I layed mine down on the
desk and the outside bottom of the unit got up to 140 degrees in a 73 degree room. That is a lot of heat! I have one of those nifty infrared things
for checking the temp and in comparison my new Two Wire DSL modem/wireless router is max 95 degrees. The old modem was really hot and about the exact same size as the 502. It may have nothing to do with heat. Maybe some issues like this other 502 I have here are heat related. As far as the heat goes I am simply pointing out a observation. Electronics hate heat!

burris
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I would like to see results too. Tim's email this morning and most recent post on the forums lay out a timeline and explain pretty clearly what to expect.
As for the overheating issue well that is something I just brought up today. I thought of it because of the issue with the DSL modem I had. Model's with a
certain serial number (which is hundreds of thousands of them) have a chipset that causes them to get so hot they either die, malfunction, or in some cases
flat out melt. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21714184-Motorola-2210021002-2210021006-modem-is-junk

I only brought it up because it seems everything else has been looked in to but never has the temp of the device been mentioned. I layed mine down on the
desk and the outside bottom of the unit got up to 140 degrees in a 73 degree room. That is a lot of heat! I have one of those nifty infrared things
for checking the temp and in comparison my new Two Wire DSL modem/wireless router is max 95 degrees. The old modem was really hot and about the exact same size as the 502. It may have nothing to do with heat. Maybe some issues like this other 502 I have here are heat related. As far as the heat goes I am simply pointing out a observation. Electronics hate heat!

I think heat may be one of the factors.
You mention the Netopia/Motorola DSL modem. The first 2 I had got so hot you could fry an egg on it.
We then found out that the ones with S.N. 47xxxxxxx and below were the culprits and were being recalled when a complaint was issued.

My latest one begins with S.N. 48xxxxxx and it is many times cooler than the older runs.

And throughout all this, there are probably millions of 2210s out there that continue to work.

Xponder1
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I think heat may be one of the factors.
You mention the Netopia/Motorola DSL modem. The first 2 I had got so hot you could fry an egg on it.
We then found out that the ones with S.N. 47xxxxxxx and below were the culprits and were being recalled when a complaint was issued.

My latest one begins with S.N. 48xxxxxx and it is many times cooler than the older runs.

And throughout all this, there are probably millions of 2210s out there that continue to work.

Ya mine was replaced at least 4 times. My last one was a year old. My mother who has only had hers three months had one of the recall sn's. They sent me another but then when I did some research and found out what was wrong I just wanted it replaced. They have newer ones (but that dsl modem is not being made anymore) that have a different chip and they do not get hot. Either way I did not want to deal with it anymore. Spoke to retention and they sent me a 2-wire free. They did the same for my mother.

They are just trying to get rid of the stock. You could get a newer one or a older one. Some even get a used one *sigh*

quattrohead
03-06-2009, 06:12 AM
The HT502 did not show any significant problems until a firmware update a few weeks back, that's when the dodo hit the fan.

usa2k
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM
The HT502 did not show any significant problems until a firmware update a few weeks back, that's when the dodo hit the fan.

Just thinking ....

http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=7635&postcount=1

Back in December it had rev 8
Rev 15 was a bad release per that post.
Did it go straight to Rev 21 after that?

adrman
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM

That's when my fun started as well. I was running behind a router with no ports forwarded and VOIPo had STUN enabled for me. As of Tuesday night, based on a post from Tim over on BBR, regarding problems with Symetric NAT routers, STUN and the HT502, I had VOIPo disable STUN and then forwarded their suggested ports. I've been solid since. I'm going to keep the ports forwarded for a week or so and see if the HT502 keeps its registration. If it does, I plan on disabling the port forwarding just to see if it makes any difference or not.

1bird2
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I think you are on to something with the GS 502 device behind the router. Every other Voip provider I have used wanted me to enable specific port forwarding. STUN methods *should* work -- perhaps the other providers know something and why they don't use that method.

-bird

VOIPoTim
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I think you are on to something with the GS 502 device behind the router. Every other Voip provider I have used wanted me to enable specific port forwarding. STUN methods *should* work -- perhaps the other providers know something and why they don't use that method.

-bird

I wish it were that easy, but we've tried that with quite a few users and it doesn't solve it for all unfortunately.

sr98user
03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Tim,

I disabled the router mode and DHCP on my HT502 (to save unnecessary processing and possibly some seg faults) and I have not lost registration for two days. Not sure if my changes had any effect or not. But its worth a try.

usa2k
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Mine is not used as a router either. (I have a great router after the HT502.)

Xponder1
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22024535-VOIPo-Anyone-else-starting-to-drop-registration-daily

Turns out I am not the only one that thinks this thing is too hot. Other interesting news there too.

stason99
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
As for other providers using Grandstream from reading past posts VOIPo used another Grandsteam device and it worked fine. Just because other providers use Grandstream devices does not mean they use a 502. It also does not mean they are configured the same by Grandstream.

PhonePower currently ships Grandstream HT502. http://support.phonepower.com/Home/tabid/36/topic/Hardware/Default.aspx . I’m not advertising or anything. Just for information purpose. They are shipping it for quite long time as I read on forums. And they don’t have frequent disconnection issues. Too much depends on how the whole structure of a VOIP company is organized, and not just a user’s hardware. The fact that another company is using HT502s with no problems is a very important argument here.

My understanding from Tim's replies is that the 502 was selected for 2 main reasons. First it has a built in router (which I have tested and must say I do not recommend anyone use it as a router). Second it makes more business since because Grandstream configures all the ATA's for them.

There was a post somewhere on http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip which says that VOIPo chose HT502 because they got many on them (thousands) left from another company that Timothy was running, and it was a good deal since they got them either for free or very cheap. As I recall, that post was made by Timothy. Sorry for not providing a link. I know it sounds like if I was spreading rumors or something… If anyone had encountered that post, please, give us a link.

I agree with you. However as I have already pointed out the problem is a Grandstream firmware or hardware issue. If it were a VOIPo issue all of the BYOD folks and the others who have the Linksys would have a issue. I have another 502 that was sent to me and that thing was dead out of the box.

Some PAP2T users lost registration anyway. http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1226&page=2 (post from wagnerb ).

VOIPo offered me to switch to PAP2T but I refused because in this case I would need to spend extra $40 for a router, which I normally don’t need. And I would spend some time to configure all that. They refused to pay for a router that I would buy. You just sign up knowing that you will get a free adapter, but soon realize that you must spend extra money for a router if you want to make your phone line finally work. This is somewhat ridiculous. All I’m saying is that this is not the way business should run. I’m still giving then a chance to fix the problem with 502s.

I did not say they gave a cash credit. What they did do and Tim can confirm this for you is extend your paid period for the time without service.

It took me 2 days of communication and 8 ticket replies total to get the 14 days credit. I was repeatedly told that this is against company’s policy. Even after rebate was issued, Tim wrote:
“We do not provide any SLA or uptime guarantee for residential service and the service is provided on an as-is basis. Please refer to the TOS if you have additional questions about this policy.”

I’m saying that some promises on forum is one thing but real life examples is different.

Oh, and never has the service ever been down for more than a few hours. How long it takes to resolve it usually depends on how long it takes you to check your email and unplug the ATA.

Yes. But if registration is lost when my wife is home and I’m at work, I simply can’t call through. She doesn’t have a cell (she doesn’t really need one). She doesn’t go online too often, and there’s no way for me to reset that damn adapter or call her any other way. When she doesn’t receive calls because she thinks no one calls, that’s all. So, in my case the outage is for a whole day! Now, I guess, she has to sit next to the adapter and reset it every 5 minutes.

Because I predict another outage within next 1-2 weeks. We’ll see.:confused:

While there’s some criticism in my post here, I still hope VOIPo will not delete it. After all, I wish them do best and I’m still the customer.;)

NY Tel Guy
03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes. But if registration is lost when my wife is home and I’m at work, I simply can’t call through. She doesn’t have a cell (she doesn’t really need one). She doesn’t go online too often, and there’s no way for me to reset that damn adapter or call her any other way. When she doesn’t receive calls because she thinks no one calls, that’s all. So, in my case the outage is for a whole day! Now, I guess, she has to sit next to the adapter and reset it every 5 minutes.

I think you need to get your wife a 9.99 family share phone in case of an emergency.

usa2k
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
There was a post somewhere on http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip which says that VOIPo chose HT502 because they got many on them (thousands) left from another company that Timothy was running, and it was a good deal since they got them either for free or very cheap.Odd, I do not recall such a thing being stated. Could these be confused with the Zoom ATAs we initially beta tested here?

VOIPo didn't even ask for the Zoom ATA back.
Its collecting dust here.

Xponder1
03-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Odd, I do not recall such a thing being stated. Could these be confused with the Zoom ATAs we initially beta tested here?

VOIPo didn't even ask for the Zoom ATA back.
Its collecting dust here.

Nothing will make this guy happy and his logic is pretty flawed. I am not going to waste my time on him anymore.

stason99
03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Nothing will make this guy happy and his logic is pretty flawed. I am not going to waste my time on him anymore.

Yeah, same applies to you. Seems like you need a voip phone for fun and are ready to restart it every day… Nice toy. It was nice talking to you anyway.

stason99
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I think you need to get your wife a 9.99 family share phone in case of an emergency.

Haven’t seen a family share phone for 9.99 :rolleyes:

NY Tel Guy
03-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Haven’t seen a family share phone for 9.99 :rolleyes:
All companies offer family share / add a line for 9.99 and there are free phones that they offer (obviously you have to look at each carrier).;)

fisamo
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Rather than taking the thread in a negative direction...

1. VOIPo isn't perfect, but Tim is working on it. :)
2. Tim did mention possibly getting a 'deal' on some HT502's from a different company that was going under and had excess inventory. However, I do not believe that was the reason for switching to the 502, it was a means of getting extra inventory at a low cost.
3. Family share plans--offered by both Verizon and AT&T--if you have a "family share plan" the primary line's cost is in line with an individual plan (maybe a variation in cost or # mins included), and add-on lines are $9.99/mo each. The included minutes are shared between both the primary and add-on lines... Obviously, this is not much of an option if the primary line is provided by an employer or if the primary line is a prepaid cell. The point here, though, is that it's probably worth getting a prepaid cell or an add-on line (if your primary line can be converted to a 'family plan') at this time.

Let's please all keep in mind that this forum is intended for community-based customer support. It's great to be enthusiastic about the product being offered here and the service that's provided. But we do have to acknowledge the bumps in the road and understand that not everyone will have the same level of service.

As for equipment, outages, fault, etc. Yes it's true the Phonepower uses the HT502. Unless a PP user or rep posts the info, you don't know what firmware version they're running, each ISP adds variables to the situation, etc. My point is that there may well be issues on voipo's end, your ISP's end, Grandstream's end, etc. At some level, you have to accept the situation for what it is and decide on the best path forward. A few suggestions were made by others in posts above--let me recap and add one or two of my own:
1. Get your wife a cell phone (prepaid, add-on to family share plan if possible, or primary line). I realize your wife doesn't need one per your post above, but it is something to consider.
2. Exchange out your HT502 for a PAP2T. Yes, if you do so you'll have to purchase a router which is, understandably, not your preferred route.
3. Consider obtaining a different ATA on your own, and configure it yourself. For example, you could get a SPA-2102 from ebay (buyer beware). Granted, if you're going to spend that money, you'd probably be better off getting a router and a PAP2T from voipo.
4. Get a bare-bones POTS line so you can call in to your wife if there is a service interruption.

I realize that all of these options require time and/or money on your part and that they wouldn't be necessary if voipo had everything working on the HT502 as it should. Here's to hoping that situation is resolved, or will be soon, or that voipo is able to send you a different router/ATA combo unit that will meet your needs. Obviously, in the event that all of the above does NOT work out, you're probably best off going with a different phone service provider at this time. Does that mean that voipo is a bad company? Of course not--it just means that they may not be the best choice for you at this time. There's certainly nothing wrong with that. Best of luck with a speedy, satisfactory resolution. If you have any other troubles that you think can be answered on the forum, please feel free to post.

[Sorry for the "mod-like" lecture--I'm not a mod and don't want to be (nor am I affiliated with VOIPo in any way other than being a customer, former Beta tester, and HG customer). :) I thought twice about posting it, given that I'm not a mod, but as you can see, I decided to put it out there anyway. :) ]

usa2k
03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
R
2. Tim did mention possibly getting a 'deal' on some HT502's from a different company that was going under and had excess inventory. However, I do not believe that was the reason for switching to the 502, it was a means of getting extra inventory at a low cost.

Yes, I recall now ... Chinese New Year and inventory was going to run out over that week because demand was way high. I don't know if they sourced any GT502 in the long run, because they switched to PAPT2 to keep customers supplied.

Thanks for the memory jog!
http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=8857&postcount=1

kevm
03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
my 502 is in front of my router from the beginning and I still lost reg during every outage. I had planned to eventually move it behind when things were worked out to take advantage of QOS on my D link router. I did read one interesting thing in this thread. That someone disabled router mode on the 502. Is that worthwhile if your in front of another router? and how is it done?

Thanks

sr98user
03-07-2009, 10:37 AM
my 502 is in front of my router from the beginning and I still lost reg during every outage. I had planned to eventually move it behind when things were worked out to take advantage of QOS on my D link router. I did read one interesting thing in this thread. That someone disabled router mode on the 502. Is that worthwhile if your in front of another router? and how is it done?
Thanks

You don't want to go to Bridge mode if the 502 is in the front. You can do that only if you get more than one IP address from your ISP.

I am behind the router and did set the Bridge mode and disabled DHCP. So far, it has not lost registration. Then again, nobody else looks like lost registration during the last few days.

scott2020
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
In my opinion, VOIP is still in it's infancy. It has a long way to go. The simple truth is there will be outages regardless of adapter, ISP, VOIP provider, etc. For people who need 911 assistance regularly, such as an elderly person or someone with health problems, VOIP probably isn't a good fit for you. If a person needs instant emergency communication 24/7, POTS might be better for them. Not saying POTS is perfect, but it has been around 100+ years and they have it figured out. I decided to go all VOIP and dump POTS to save money and get more features. In return for that savings, I tolerate more outages than I had on my POTS line. VOIPo has had some growing pains recently, but what makes them different is they come right out and admit when they are at fault, explain what is going on, and fix things quickly. It is far better than other VOIP providers I've used in the past, where I would call or open a ticket and wait weeks, only to get a "It's fixed now" response if I was lucky. There are a lot of two-bit VOIP "companies" running Asterisk boxes out of their basement. That is what makes VOIPo different. They are experts and have a great staff and infrastructure. Grandstream hosed them, they learned from it, and moved on to make things right.

Xponder1
03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I think this is a null issue guys. I recieved my replacement ATA today without even asking for one.

:)

Going to be shipping two 502's back.

usa2k
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I received my replacement ATA ...
Mine today too! :)
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22031557-Re-VOIPo-Grandstream-HT502-Update

Xponder1
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22024535-VOIPo-Anyone-else-starting-to-drop-registration-daily~start=20#end

LOL trying to spread the word because so many folks are just freaking out. Some are giving up and the fix is either in their mail box or on its way.

rx100
03-07-2009, 04:06 PM

I received mine today. love pap2's. Used it with VP and never had to reboot or do anything with it. It just works

I've the following q's
1.Do I need to ship the gs back now? Any prepaid labels?
2. Can I get the PAP2 admin/user password ?

Xponder1
03-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I received mine today. love pap2's. Used it with VP and never had to reboot or do anything with it. It just works

I've the following q's
1.Do I need to ship the gs back now? Any prepaid labels?
2. Can I get the PAP2 admin/user password ?

Your replacement device has indeed been sent out on the 3/5/09.
Once you received the PaP2T device please can you return the GT502 using the following address listed below:

VOIPo
11251 Northwest Freeway
Suite 200
Houston, TX 77092

Seeing as this is part of a recall, We'll issue a $4.95 credit to your VOIPo account when we receive it.
This should cover the cost of postage.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks

2. Keep reading

usa2k
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
FWIW said here (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22026585-Re-VOIPo-Anyone-else-starting-to-drop-registration-daily)

You'll need to send it back and when we receive it, we'll issue a $4.95 credit for the shipping which is the cost of Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping (same that we use to send them out). It's not necessary to insure them (we've only had 1 case of USPS damage out of thousands).I'd be interested in the User/pass
Nobody should need the Admin/pass

VOIPoTim
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
For user access, here is the info:

User: user
Pass: 123

NY Tel Guy
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I think this is a null issue guys. I recieved my replacement ATA today without even asking for one.

:)

Going to be shipping two 502's back.Hey!....you got the one that was intended for me. My mailbox was empty today....;)

Xponder1
03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey!....you got the one that was intended for me. My mailbox was empty today....;)

I am in Oklahoma and they are shipped out of Texas. It is pathetic it takes the post office as long as it did to deliver it. I feel sorry for you already.

My first ATA shipped on a Monday and was delivered on Friday. A whole week! I think they set them aside and wait to deliver them to add value to their faster methods. I can mail a letter to my mother in Dallas and she will have it the next business day. Send it priority mail and wait a week.

stason99
03-11-2009, 06:02 PM
As I predicted earlier, there was an outage again this morning. Was it only me, or anyone else had this?
Here’s what I wrote here on 03-06-2009:

Because I predict another outage within next 1-2 weeks. We’ll see.:confused:

PAP2T users: did you have an outage?

Rather than taking the thread in a negative direction...
1. Get your wife a cell phone (prepaid, add-on to family share plan if possible, or primary line). I realize your wife doesn't need one per your post above, but it is something to consider........
4. Get a bare-bones POTS line so you can call in to your wife if there is a service interruption.

I realize that all of these options require time and/or money on your part and that they wouldn't be necessary if voipo had everything working on the HT502 as it should.
I really appreciate your calm response and explanations. I agree with the most.
However, we have to keep in mind that the main purpose of switching from POTS to a VOIP is saving money (while getting even more features). I was paying $46 a month for Verizon POTS and I didn’t even have a caller ID. So, if the new VOIP service requires extra expenses as backups services etc.(a cell phone when you don’t normally need one), that brings benefits of a VOIP line to zero. If a service is so unreliable so that you have to back it up then there’s no need for such service (if it’s not finally fixed of course).

abward
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
You apparently have one of the bad Grandstream ATAs (so, it happens), and you refuse to trade it for a PAP2T since you don' t have/want a router. Why are you not telling VOIPo to send you another (working) Grandstream?

Sorry, but what am I missing something here? I don't think the ATA you have now is going to get any better.

Tim, are you shipping out any replacement Grandstreams, for those that need them?

stason99
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
While you’re waiting for a reply from Tim, let me post:

Honestly, I don’t think a replacement 502 will be better the mine. Seems like they all loose registration. I’m waiting now to see if PAP2T you guys are using is the solution to the problem. Time might show that it’s not the solution and another problem with PAP2T might come up. If you, PAP2T users, confirm that it is reliable then I will probably order PAP2T and buy a router, or switch to another provider.

Xponder1
03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
While you’re waiting for a reply from Tim, let me post:

Honestly, I don’t think a replacement 502 will be better the mine. Seems like they all loose registration. I’m waiting now to see if PAP2T you guys are using is the solution to the problem. Time might show that it’s not the solution and another problem with PAP2T might come up. If you, PAP2T users, confirm that it is reliable then I will probably order PAP2T and buy a router, or switch to another provider.

Buy a router. The router in the 502 is crap anyway. Then get the Linksys ATA solved all my problems and I could not be happier. I recommend a Linksys WRT54GL http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Cisco-WRT54GL-Wireless-G-Broadband-Compatible/dp/B000BTL0OA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236826845&sr=8-1

Then remove the crappy linksys firmware and install DD-WRT or Tomato.

stason99
03-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes, I was going to do that, but little bit later. Thank you! Later because I’m not sure PAP2T solved all of the problems. It’s too early to conclude that since you guy are using it only 1-2 weeks, correct?
Also, I’ve read that many people had troubles configuring Westell 6100 DSL modem into bridge mode to work with a router. I’m not sure how to do that. That’s why I’m so reluctant to switch for PAP2T.

chpalmer
03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes, I was going to do that, but little bit later. Thank you! Later because I’m not sure PAP2T solved all of the problems. It’s too early to conclude that since you guy are using it only 1-2 weeks, correct?
Also, I’ve read that many people had troubles configuring Westell 6100 DSL modem into bridge mode to work with a router. I’m not sure how to do that. That’s why I’m so reluctant to switch for PAP2T.

You could just find yourself a simple switch since your modem already has a router in it...

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6658

Configuring as bridge.

http://www.lava.net/support/Westell_6100_DSL_Modem_Installation_Guide

HelpNYC
03-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Working flawlessly here as of last week when switched from 502 to PAP2T.

stason99
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
You could just find yourself a simple switch since your modem already has a router in it...

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6658

Configuring as bridge.

http://www.lava.net/support/Westell_6100_DSL_Modem_Installation_Guide

Thanks. But do switches have QoS? What is generally better in my case - a router or a switch?

chpalmer
03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks. But do switches have QoS? What is generally better in my case - a router or a switch?

QOS is a switch function in the I.T. world. But Im talking about a managed switch... $$

I didnt look but maybe your Westell has qos built into and available on it...

A broadband router (the stuff you buy at office depot and kmart) is a routing device and switch combo... two devices in one... If it has wireless then its three devices in one. :)

Most of the routers I get to play with are single port in and out devices that feed into a switch...

So there really would be no difference if you used a switch with your modems built in router or bought a combo unit... Other than quality differences. A 5 port switch can be had for very cheap...

TomP
03-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Here's one (http://bensbargains.net/deal/95612/) that won't set you back much. If you need more ports, here's an 8 port one (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/909699) for a little more.

stason99
03-13-2009, 11:30 AM
chpalmer,

Thanks for the explanation but it’s too technical for me. Are you saying a typical switch has a QoS capability? I’m sure Westell 6100 does not have QoS. I’ve read about that on forums and I verified that myself. The choice I have is either buying a used Linksys 54g from ebay (around $35) with tomato or a new switch. Taking into account that I want a QoS, and the setup should be very reliable, which of these 2 options should I choose? Thanks!

Here's one (http://bensbargains.net/deal/95612/) that won't set you back much. If you need more ports, here's an 8 port one (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/909699) for a little more.

Thanks for links but first link didn’t work.

TomP
03-13-2009, 11:53 AM

Thanks for links but first link didn’t work.

That's odd. Works for me. You can also go to http://bensbargains.net/ and plug the number 95612 into the search box in the lower right side of the page.

Re. QoS: others can confirm/clarify, but my understanding is that most reasonably-priced switches don't have this feature. Some routers do. If QoS is important to you, then you'll probably do better with a router vs a switch. It's a bit redundant if your existing broadband modem already has a router built-in, but a separate router will likely have other features (like QoS) that you may not have with your existing equipment.

stason99
03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Re. QoS: others can confirm/clarify, but my understanding is that most reasonably-priced switches don't have this feature. Some routers do. If QoS is important to you, then you'll probably do better with a router vs a switch. It's a bit redundant if your existing broadband modem already has a router built-in, but a separate router will likely have other features (like QoS) that you may not have with your existing equipment.

Got you. Thanks. I’ll probably buy a router some time later.

chpalmer
03-13-2009, 09:19 PM
QOS would only be on a managed switch. Managed switches are not something you buy cheap... :eek:

Xponder1
03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
You can turn a 50.00 router into a 200.00 router with third party firmware.

chpalmer
03-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Or an old used Pll machine into a $20,000.00 router... ;)

http://www.pfsense.org/

stason99
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Thank you all about router/switch/QoS info.

I was kind of ready to buy a used WRT54GL router from my friend but I encountered these new posts here: "Scheduled Upstream Maintenance - CNAM/Various Services" and "New Database Servers" . Even though I got no service interruption during these things, these are kind of scary if you know what I mean. I mean there are still chances of service interruptions for everyone regardless of what kind of ATA they are using. This is due to frequent non-ATA related maintenances and upgrades performed by VOIPo. This makes me delay any ATA (and router) upgrade for now. I want to give it more time. Did anyone get any phone service interruptions during these events?

fisamo
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
While I can't say I use my line enough to comment on service interruptions (I generally wouldn't notice them, because I don't use my line enough), I'd like to say that IMO your concerns, while not surprising, are somewhat blown out of proportion. Issues like "upstream provider maintenance" are out of voipo's control, and they likely happen with just about every VoIP provider (but they don't tell you). Issues such as "New Database Servers" are more of a concern, as they involve equipment changes at Voipo. IF Voipo follows good change control / network management procedures, changeouts of database servers should be seamless to the customer. It is my opinion that they announce such things to let you know that something is going on in case you have troubles with your line during the maintenance window.

One other argument FOR getting a router, regardless of having only one device connected 'behind' it, is that the router does provide a hardware firewall for your PC. It may be worthwhile for that reason alone, with the ability to connect more devices to your network as icing on the cake. :)

stason99
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I understand about the router, thank you. I only mentioned about these maintenance things because there’s a long hystory of different kinds of service interruptions by VOIPo, and those has affected me a lot.

stason99
03-30-2009, 07:14 PM
All right. I got a router (WRT54G, Tomato). I received a PAP2T and installed it. Four days with no problems. Today it LOST REGISTRATION AGAIN! Reset from the phone’s keypads didn’t help. After several hardware resets (power reconnects) it went back on. (For how long? … )

You guys were pointing at me here like why I’m sticking with the HT502 while everyone is on PAP2T already. And here we go again. Now I’m certain that these problems will never end. It’s really hard to hold my anger.. Oh… and let me submit a ticket, just in case….

VOIPoTim
03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
See http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1329 for info.

Once the latency cleared, it would have come back online with 5 minutes on its own.

All right. I got a router (WRT54G, Tomato). I received a PAP2T and installed it. Four days with no problems. Today it LOST REGISTRATION AGAIN! Reset from the phone’s keypads didn’t help. After several hardware resets (power reconnects) it went back on. (For how long? … )

You guys were pointing at me here like why I’m sticking with the HT502 while everyone is on PAP2T already. And here we go again. Now I’m certain that these problems will never end. It’s really hard to hold my anger.. Oh… and let me submit a ticket, just in case….

Xponder1
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Anger management class might do you some good.

stason99
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM

You’ve graduated that already?

usa2k
03-31-2009, 04:41 AM
How do you reset from the phone's keypad?

stason99
03-31-2009, 05:41 AM
How do you reset from the phone's keypad?

As described in PAP2T manual: Enter menu by ****, then 732668 .

arjunprabhu
03-31-2009, 07:10 AM

its a shame that the service is down soo many times -- either due to "lack of communication" or "Defective GT502" or "latency" or whatever... for the end user... .these are all fancy terms............. the system should be designed to take care of issues like these. thats what service is all about. for many of us, voipo is the only phone line and for me, it has been the worst so far, with soo many downtimes.

Its natural for people to be angry at service which is down so often. The expectation set around VOIPO was pretty high -- with 2 YEARS in BETA!!! 2 yrs is a LONG time to iron out issues like this... and when the expectation is not met, ............ anger is natural ---- no amount of anger management would fix this problem.

burris
03-31-2009, 07:18 AM
its a shame that the service is down soo many times -- either due to "lack of communication" or "Defective GT502" or "latency" or whatever... for the end user... .these are all fancy terms............. the system should be designed to take care of issues like these. thats what service is all about. for many of us, voipo is the only phone line and for me, it has been the worst so far, with soo many downtimes.

Its natural for people to be angry at service which is down so often. The expectation set around VOIPO was pretty high -- with 2 YEARS in BETA!!! 2 yrs is a LONG time to iron out issues like this... and when the expectation is not met, ............ anger is natural ---- no amount of anger management would fix this problem.

Not criticizing or defending, but the good part about living in the USA is somewhat of a freedom of choice.

As has been posted numerous times over the years, not every service will work for every user...far too many variables, as well as expectations.

After a point, if the service was not to my satisfaction, I would leave. With VOIP it's very easy to do so. Sign up for trial plans with other providers and when you find one that suits you, port your number and that should be it. A few bucks more or less should not be the paramount issue if the VOIP service is your landline.

At any given time, all providers will work or not work for certain people.

arjunprabhu
03-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Not criticizing or defending, but the good part about living in the USA is somewhat of a freedom of choice.

As has been posted numerous times over the years, not every service will work for every user...far too many variables, as well as expectations.

After a point, if the service was not to my satisfaction, I would leave. With VOIP it's very easy to do so. Sign up for trial plans with other providers and when you find one that suits you, port your number and that should be it. A few bucks more or less should not be the paramount issue if the VOIP service is your landline.

At any given time, all providers will work or not work for certain people.

very true.............. if this saga continues., i see a large number of users switching.....

burris
03-31-2009, 07:44 AM
very true.............. if this saga continues., i see a large number of users switching.....

I don't think the saga affects everyone the same way.

I've been with VOIPo since beta and with the exception of some occasional burps, I don't get too excited about the problems...and this is my landline and has been for over 4 years now.

I think the support is better than any I have ever encountered in this industry, so when a problem does occur, I know that Tim will explain and support will correct it very quickly...and they are there to do so.

Technical aspects aside, in my case, my Wife is the judge of the service and this is the first VOIP service she hasn't complained about yet.;)

arjunprabhu
03-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't think the saga affects everyone the same way.

I've been with VOIPo since beta and with the exception of some occasional burps, I don't get too excited about the problems...and this is my landline and has been for over 4 years now.

I think the support is better than any I have ever encountered in this industry, so when a problem does occur, I know that Tim will explain and support will correct it very quickly...and they are there to do so.

Technical aspects aside, in my case, my Wife is the judge of the service and this is the first VOIP service she hasn't complained about yet.;)

I dont care if the service goes down in a scheduled manner -- and I am notified well in advance of the downtime... but in most cases, when I really need to make a call... there is this kind of silly stupid reasons for downtime -- which voipo claims to be beyond their control.........., which I feel is not. when you run beta for 2 years, issues like these must have been encountered, lessons learnt... and fixed. There should be redundancy... and failover built in by now (2 years is quite a lot to plan and fix).

stason99
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Arjunprabhu,

At least someone on this forum shares the same opinion with me. I think most of people here are network geeks who like to play around with issues like ones described here (lost registration, disconnection… etc). People seem to get really excited when they get a new game, a new network puzzle to resolve. Which is not a bad thing at all, but this explains why many guys tolerate such unreliable service. Is VOIPo for network geeks? How about the rest of users who just need a reliable and hassle-free service?

I’m just curious. Please, tell me more about this. Let’s say your wife is at home and she can make calls with no problems. But at one point she realizes that she got no incoming calls not because no one calls, but because the service was down since the morning (as far as incoming calls). What is your wife’s reaction? I seriously want to know that. Please, explain.

How do you guys deal with this kind of situations here? Maybe most of you guy use VOIPo for business where you sit by the computer whole day, keep your browser open with VPanel page and watch sonnection status? I’m just trying to understated why many people here don’t’ complain about these issues and how they deal with the service which is so unreliable. And moreover, why there are so many people advocate Tim every time there’s a problem? Is that to keep the network-puzzle game running? If not, what then?

VOIPoTim
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
This thread has turned into a debate and is being closed at this time.